Tiny Biomes--RR Start 2--11/04/14--lindawing

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

Re: Tiny Biomes--RR Start 2--11/04/14--lindawing

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 17th, 2014, 8:25 pm

(5) This is just an optional challenge. If you feel like it or have the time, make at least a start on replacing the torches on the road with embedded jack-o-lanterns.

I had to wait a long time for the potatoes and carrots to grow so I had plenty of time to complete this challenge. Not only did I switch out the torches for jack-o-lanterns, but I also added steps to the blocks on the road for faster travel. I didn't do it over where the snow blocks are because the only white steps that can be made are quartz and we haven't been to the nether yet.

Two islands behind the ice spires where we have our igloo is another small ice spires biome. Small, but pretty.

Behind the barn about two islands back I found a tiny sunflower plains. So, Linda, there are more Sunflowers than just that poor little single flower. ;-)

Next Challenge:

1. In the barn/corral area, have sheep of 8 different colors. There are two colors in there now. Please leave at least two white sheep for breeding.

2. Have an enchanting room somewhere and have an enchanting table and all the bookcases so we can start enchanting.

3. Make 2 stacks of chocolate chip cookies.

4. Go to -21, 94, 283 and build a tall beacon tower so we can always find our way home. Don't use an actual "beacon" that can be built in the game (we don't have everything we need to build one right now). Just put lots of lights up there and we can possibly change to a real beacon later on.

Here's the map:
http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/Fait ... layer4.zip
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 17th, 2014, 8:57 pm

We must have been posting at the same time after you wrote about challenge #4. I'm glad you added the steps to the road! I had been going to do that, but I totally forgot! Whenever we can get into the nether, we can get the white steps for the snow road. :uhhuh:

Grabbing the map, now. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 17th, 2014, 11:46 pm

Aren't you already working on one or two of the other maps? :yeah:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 18th, 2014, 12:41 am

Going into Monopoly in just a bit, but I'm grabbing all the maps as they come out. Since others may come in whenever they want, I figured I'd just grab them all. Then if someone starts one before I get to it, I can either choose to go ahead with the one I downloaded, or wait for the next one. Either way, I can have all the maps to play by myself, later on, if I want. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 24th, 2014, 8:56 am

Here are the challenges Lydia left for Player #5 (which I became, in this case).

1. In the barn/corral area, have sheep of 8 different colors. There are two colors in there now. Please leave at least two white sheep for breeding.

This part was almost as confusing as counting Villagers in Village-to-Village!!! I was pretty sure I had all the colors done, but just to check, I went into creative mode with wheat still in my hand, and went up and waited for all the cattle (well...that wasn't all the cattle...some had gone behind the barn and didn't see me right then) and sheep to gather below me...so funny--they follow you back and forth in real herds. :lol: In this picture, if you look carefully, you'll see two red sheep, two yellow sheep, two orange sheep, two light gray sheep, two dark gray sheep, two magenta sheep, and two white sheep. I am just NOW realizing that that's only SEVEN colors...darn it! I thought the instructions were to have SIX colors, and that I was ahead of the game. I can't upload the file until after 2 AM, anyway, so I'll go back in and dye two sheep GREEN, before I upload the map. I've already bred all of those in the picture several times, so there are more than enough sheep in the pen to do that, now. So there!

TB-112314-Sheep.jpg
TB-112314-Sheep.jpg (452.87 KiB) Viewed 409 times

2. Have an enchanting room somewhere and have an enchanting table and all the bookcases so we can start enchanting.

That was pretty easily done. I got three of the seven diamonds out of the chest in the warehouse and went down into one of the caverns under the warehouse. I went to the unexplored side, only to find that Lydia had been down in there from another area (unless it was actually me that was down there before and I didn't realize it had connected). Anyway, I quickly found my way into the ravine that is down there, killing monsters every once in a while, and almost getting blown up several times. I found two big pools of lava at about layer 12, killed one of them (several times, because it was so deep), and used the new diamond pick to grab 23 squares of obsidian.

I had to only make one book to make the table itself, so I completed that and set it into place, then began breeding the cattle as often as possible, while gathering more acacia wood out by the garden and more sugar cane, as well, so that when I had enough leather for all the books, I'd also have enough of everything else. Not hard...just a bit tedious after a while. :lol: The pictures show the resuls, though, and the third one makes it all worthwhile. One of the resulting enchantments was Fortune II, on our diamond pick! WOOT!!! Unfortunately, I hadn't thought to wait to see about that, before I picked up two more diamonds just after getting the obsidian. :doh: Oh well...at least those two paid fo the enchantment table without taking any more out of the chest!

TB-112314-Enchanting-A.jpg
TB-112314-Enchanting-A.jpg (359.04 KiB) Viewed 409 times

TB-112314-Enchanting-B.jpg
TB-112314-Enchanting-B.jpg (279.69 KiB) Viewed 409 times

TB-112314-Enchanting-C.jpg
TB-112314-Enchanting-C.jpg (53.44 KiB) Viewed 409 times

3. Make 2 stacks of chocolate chip cookies.

Easy peasy! There was plenty of wheat from the garden. I grabbed enough to make extra cookies! Yum!

TB-112314-Cookies.jpg
TB-112314-Cookies.jpg (44.86 KiB) Viewed 409 times

4. Go to -21, 94, 283 and build a tall beacon tower so we can always find our way home. Don't use an actual "beacon" that can be built in the game (we don't have everything we need to build one right now). Just put lots of lights up there and we can possibly change to a real beacon later on.

I hope this tower is OK! That's a LONG way up to be building anything more complicated...for me, at least! I just went up with cobble to just over 100 blocks, then added the glass and torches. Then I went up to ABOUT 256 (can't remember for sure...but somewhere up there) and added an identical glass box with torches). Along the way, at the beginnings and the ends of the cobble parts, I added torches around all four sides. I thought the effect wasn't too bad, in the end, and you can see the tower even in the lower parts of the area that I visited. I don't know how far out you can see it, but I think quite a bit further than what I tested for. :uhhuh: How did I get down? Well...I hadn't thought of THAT! :doh: Creative mode it was...sigh.

TB-112314-BeaconTower-A.jpg
TB-112314-BeaconTower-A.jpg (193.18 KiB) Viewed 409 times

TB-112314-BeaconTower-B.jpg
TB-112314-BeaconTower-B.jpg (265.28 KiB) Viewed 409 times

Here are a couple of extra shots. The first one is Lydia's gorgeous barn--just at sunset.

TB-112314-PrettyBarn.jpg
TB-112314-PrettyBarn.jpg (345.17 KiB) Viewed 409 times

The second one is cactus growin on red sand. The cactus obviously belongs to the desert biome right beside the mesa biome, but the edges are confused. ;-)

TB-112314-CactusOnRedSand.jpg
TB-112314-CactusOnRedSand.jpg (376.23 KiB) Viewed 409 times

EDIT...Here's a corrected sheep picture, with two green sheep added. It's not as good a picture as before, because they are so crowded...they were blending themselves.

TB-112414-Sheep-Corrected.jpg
TB-112414-Sheep-Corrected.jpg (490.71 KiB) Viewed 409 times

While I was there, I also took a picture of the raised fenceline. The animals were starting to stand on top of each other after I was breeding them, and a couple of the rabbits escaped...OH...I forgot to say before, that I added three other color rabbits, too!!! :joy:

TB-112414-Fencing-Raised.jpg
TB-112414-Fencing-Raised.jpg (342.9 KiB) Viewed 409 times

Here are the .rtf coordinates after I finished tonight...
TinyBiomes-Coords-Updated112414.rtf
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Here is the .rtf 5th set of challenges...
TinyBiomes-5thChallenge.rtf
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 20 times

Tiny Biomes
Challenge Set #5...

(1) Make 24 pieces of carpet from each color sheep in the pen: dark gray, light gray, red, yellow, orange, magenta, green, and white. (Shear the sheep...don't kill them.)

(2) Carpet the bedroom with the color of your choice.

(3) With some of the leftover wool, make a few pictures to hang around the warehouse (three or four, perhaps).

(4) There's enough obsidian in the Diamonds/Emeralds/Lapis/Obsidian chest to create a nether portal. Find a good place (perhaps a bit hidden from the other, prettier things), and protect it from intruders.

(5) Test out the portal and protect the nether side, also--at least minimally.

(6) If there's any glowstone handy (don't take huge risks), get a few pieces to have on hand in the warehouse.

(7) If it's not too hard to get to (I don't know what the nether's going to look like in this tiny biome place), try to get some quartz so we can have steps up on the road to the igloo, also.

(8) Create your own home, if you haven't already done so.

Download the Updated Map
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 24th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Linda, you did a fantastic job with this. I think your beacon tower is just great. Perfectly high enough! ;-) [By the way, when I need to get down from somewhere like that, I usually take stacks of sand up with me and I drop them over the edge and then just dig my way down.]

I had to laugh at the sheep. I counted them in your pic and said "that's only seven" and then I read that you were just counting them and realized you needed one more. :rotfl:

Hooray! Love what you did!
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Round-Robin Games