Little Plains--RR Start 1--11/03/14--Linda

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

Re: Little Plains--RR Start 1--11/03/14--Linda

Postby lindawing » November 5th, 2014, 11:07 pm

There you go! :evillaugh:

Carrie and I have had to do a lot of these for the challenges we've been doing lately. I knew one way or another would make it work!

Strange about it not working at night! I've done that many times!

Obviously, that was actually my main CHALLENGE. Sorry I was so devious. :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 5th, 2014, 11:41 pm

Don't talk to me about challenge. I think this "challenge" is actually three or four in one. :uhhuh:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 6th, 2014, 12:20 am

Well...it's supposed to be at least two in one--building something specified & finding something hidden (and that's besides the part about building your own home and creating a challenge for someone else! :evillaugh:

Are you having fun?

Seriously--I didn't mean to make it too hard! Is it OK? You don't have to do it all, if you don't want to. Part of the rules can be that the challenge is just a "suggestion," if you think that would work better!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 6th, 2014, 2:05 am

Nah, I'm made of sterner stuff than that. I'll do it and do it well. ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 6th, 2014, 3:36 am

Of course you will do it well! :uhhuh: I would expect nothing less! :joy: :yeah:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 6th, 2014, 4:26 am

Check this mini-tutorial out, Lydia. ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=245&t=2535&p=14429#p14429
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 7th, 2014, 1:31 am

I have finished the challenges that were issued by Linda for this map. Here are the challenges and what I did:

1. Build your own house.

I built my modern house but didn't remember to snap a pic until just before I was about to get out of the game so the pic is in the rain. You can see my house as soon as you step out of the south door (I think). This is also the direction to take to get to the castle. The house is done but I haven't really decorated or anything yet. I'll get to that another time.

2. Teleport to the top of a tree at the top of a mountain and then get down.

I know the cliff looks scary, but the other side of the mountain is actually just a regular mountain and I was able to walk down without so much as disturbing a block of dirt. Then I came around to the back side of the mountain and snapped this pic.

3. Find a hidden chest.

It's a good thing I did go around to the back of the mountain because it was there that I found the hidden chest tucked away in a little alcove. What luck!

4. Make the mountain into a castle with a tall tower and 16 flying banners and a mushroom at the top.

If you run along the road (this pic shows an early version), you will see the tower and the mushroom (the banners are not visible from this distance).

If you move over just a little to the right you can actually see more of the top part of the castle.

And from the back you can see even more of the castle (this pic doesn't show the balcony I added later on).

I didn't show any pics of the inside of the castle because I wanted it to be a surprise for everyone. So explore and enjoy. Also, before you can enter the Enchanted Castle you have to pass through the Enchanted Forest (you'll see what I mean). ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2014, 1:35 am

Wow! You did really good, Lydia! I know the file is still uploading (just hung up the phone with you), but I can hardly wait to get back in and see everything! This is so much fun! :joy:

I'm going to spend the next hour or so playing TS4, since I've been neglecting my challenge the last couple of days. Then I'll be back in MC for the rest of the evening. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 7th, 2014, 1:47 am

As for the banners, I made dye from flowers that I found in the flower forest close behind Linda's house.

For the wool, I did some "drive by shearings" of sheep on the way to and from the castle. Usually I make shears as soon as I get iron and I keep them on me so that I can shear any sheep I pass as I go walk about. By the time I was ready to make the banners I had more than enough wool (of various colors) to make the banners and have plenty left over.

5. Make a road from the warehouse to the castle.

I made the road out of cobble and I studded it with pumpkin lanterns so that it was lit and hopefully a little safer.

6. Make a sign pointing to The Enchanted Castle.

The sign isn't right outside the warehouse, but it is certainly close enough that you can find your way to the castle.

When I entered the game I almost immediately teleported to the tree and from that point on I played totally vanilla survival with no cheats. I did not teleport again or use creative or anything else. You will see the castle is quite large and the road is quite long, but I dug up every bit of cobble and made every bit of stone by hand.

I put a few leftover goodies in the chests at the warehouse, but since I was mostly working at the castle I left the majority of goodies in the storage area there. The only things in my personal chest is badly used tools and a piece of food. I did not make any other chests for myself. Anything I gathered I put in the communal chests, so feel free to take anything there (you can even take the stuff out of my personal chest if you are desperate). :yikes:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2014, 1:55 am

Love the castle's name--perfect! :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 7th, 2014, 2:06 am

Now for the challenge, the next person who takes this file should:

1. Create a barn/stable/corral/pens. This area should be large enough to have a small pond for the animals and a nice little stack of hay for them to climb on.

2. Create some leads. There are several swamps near the warehouse and castle, so hopefully finding slime should be easy.

3. Have two of each of the following: horses, pigs, cows, sheep, chickens. Have three sets of rabbit pairs of different colorations. (Animals are all over the area so this really shouldn't be a problem).

4. Find a jungle and harvest melons and cocoa (and jungle wood to grow it on) to add to the garden.

This challenge is rather small and not too hard so it should be attempted without using creative mode if possible. ;-)

Here is the download link:
http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/Fait ... dawing.zip
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » November 7th, 2014, 2:06 am

lindawing wrote:Love the castle's name--perfect! :grin:

Quit bragging on yourself. You're the one who said it had to be named that. :rotfl:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2014, 3:28 am

Laughing like crazy...I DID???!!! I guess that's what posting in the middle of the night does to me. :rotfl: Sorry about that! :doh:

Posting to be the next player on this one, now--downloading the file right now. I promise to use ONLY survival for the challenge! Oh, my gosh...did I just say that?! :evillaugh: A promise is a promise, and you've got it now. :yeah: :wow:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2014, 5:35 am

Lydia you did a SMASHING job! The castle is so grand! Wow!!! And the banners DO fly! I didn't know!

Oh! Making the castle out of BRICKS! That's even MORE of a WOW!!!

Before I go start on the challenge (I have just left the castle after going all the way to the top, and after using most of my 17 levels to enchant a couple of low-level things), I wanted to share a picture of the castle mascot. At least I figured that's what he must be! :lol:
LittlePlains-CastleMascot.jpg
LittlePlains-CastleMascot.jpg (414.81 KiB) Viewed 428 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 7th, 2014, 11:20 am

Houston, I think we have a bit of a problem. I'm not TOTALLY sure, but PRETTY sure we have NO jungles on this map! We also don't have any deserts, and as far as I have been able to see, no villages.

I don't THINK I made this world with the custom stuff, and even if I had, I NEVER turn off the villages, which makes me even more sure this was just a regular singleplayer game New World.

I traveled out quite a ways in all directions, looking for slimes, and researched them, because they weren't showing up anywhere, but they CAN be found in swampland. We do not seem to have any regular SWAMP, either!

We have tons of extreme hills, taiga (and mega taiga), roofed forest all over the place, plains, and forests (in addition to the swampland), but that seems to be it.

I found the seed, and opened up a map with the seed, and DID, by patiently waiting in a swampland, on top of a tree, find slimes, so that CAN be done. However, I went out to the 3000 corners, and quartered my way in, from both the positive and negative corners, and flew around in between, all over the place, and...no jungles to be seen anywhere!

I also made a copy of the world and went into World Painter, and checked, and it absolutely does NOT show any jungles at least out to the 5000 corners. I suspect it's the same throughout the map, and even if they are out further, if we start traveling out that far now, the map won't be able to be traded any longer.

The raw map, right now, is up to 115 MB, which may shrink down to between 90 & 100, and I haven't done very much except increase the farm to add wheat, and get the barn basically built (there's one rabbit in there). I was wanting to get the slime before doing anything else, and I went out past 500 in all directions, looking for for slime, but evidently not at the right time of night...evidently you really need a full moon (or close to it), and you have to be in close proximity, but not too close, and swampland has fewer than regular swamp biomes.

SO...do you want me to go into Creative and get ONE jungle sapling, make it grow, and then go from there? Or should I just not go any further with the jungle stuff. If we want brown dye at some point, we'll need cocoa beans, but other than that, we don't really NEED the jungle wood or anything. Actually, I've never had any cocoa beans grow on a sapling that I've grown in another biome, so I don't think that would even work. The only thing I COULD do, probably is to grow the tree from a sapling, and also get ONE cocoa bean from Creative and grow it on a piece of jungle wood, but...???

Let me know what you want me to do about that. As for the rest, everything is being done, and only in Survival! It's just the jungle stuf that I won't be able to do.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Our Round-Robin Games