Little Plains--RR Start 1--11/03/14--Linda

This is a public forum. Multiplayer games are great fun, but not everyone can be online at the same time, and many times we just end up playing by ourselves, anyway, using bandwidth, and paying for a server. We have decided to try doing some Round-Robin games, to see how it might work out. Take a look to see what we've come up with. Anyone may add one, at any time.

Little Plains--Ready for Player #6

Postby lindawing » November 30th, 2014, 9:26 am

The challenges laid out by Lydia in the last round:

1. We have a dock, now we need a boat. Not a giant sailing ship, just a good sized cruising down the river kind of boat.

Here's the riverboat I made. You have to get into it by swimming out to it and go up the ladder (one on either side of the boat) and through a gate in the railing. I just couldn't get it to look right with a "plank" to walk to it. There's a jack-o-lantern boat captain at the wheel. ;-)

LP-112514-Riverboat-A.jpg
LP-112514-Riverboat-A.jpg (280.8 KiB) Viewed 306 times

LP-112514-Riverboat-B.jpg
LP-112514-Riverboat-B.jpg (303.93 KiB) Viewed 306 times

LP-112514-Riverboat-C.jpg
LP-112514-Riverboat-C.jpg (319.27 KiB) Viewed 306 times

2. We need supplies so that we can trade with other towns as we pass them down the river, so put a chest in the boat and have 1 stack of iron, 1/2 stack of gold, 16 pieces of lapis lazuli and 16 pieces of redstone. Also include 1 stack of potatoes, 1 stack of carrots, 1 stack of watermelon slices, 1 stack of wheat and 1/2 stack of pumpkins.

The way I made the boat, a single chest wasn't practical, so I made a single chest for the first list, and a single chest for the second list, right at the stern of the boat, next to the tiller.

LP-113014-RiverboatChest#1.jpg
LP-113014-RiverboatChest#1.jpg (38.8 KiB) Viewed 306 times

LP-113014-RiverboatChest#2.jpg
LP-113014-RiverboatChest#2.jpg (38.58 KiB) Viewed 306 times

[hr] [/hr]
7th Set of Challenges...

(1) Build your home, if you haven't already done so.

(2) (2) The caverns below the area (there's an entry right by the garden, or you can teleport to the safe crafting area at 329 27 215) are HUGE. They haven't really been tapped at all, even though we've taken out quite a bit of iron, gold, redstone, and lapis lazuli. I can't remember for sure, but I don't think we've found any diamonds yet.

There's plenty of lava down there to make obsidian, and there's some made already in a couple of places. As soon as you can, make a nether portal and protect it, then protect the ensuing portal in the nether.

(3) If at all possible, get a few pieces of glowstone and some nether quartz to put into the warehouse. There's an empty chest at one corner of the crafting area. You can use that for a nether chest. You should be able to get a silk touch enchantment for a pick, at the Enchanted Castle, to help out with the glowstone.

Here's an .rtf document with the current coordinates and the 7th set of challenges, for your printing convenience.

LittlePlains-7thChallengeSet-WithCoords.rtf
(1.94 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

Download the Updated Map (156 MB)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Our Round-Robin Games