Stories--Four Corners & Bitville (by MelodyOkie)

This public forum is about sharing whole TS4 Worlds--yes...it can be done. There's a special tutorial in this forum, to help you do just that, if you'd like to.

Re: Stories--Four Corners & Bitville (by MelodyOkie)

Postby MelodyOkie » April 1st, 2017, 12:02 am

I am so happy to say that I now have a "Stand-alone" Bitville where I've placed all my lots and sims into an existing (not empty) world - replacing those that were there, rather than just using an empty world or creating an empty world. This is how I generally always do it and that makes me happy!! :joy:

So I can play it as a set, or each on their own - whatever I'm in the mood for that day. :yeah: :uhhuh:

Bitville.jpg
Bitville.jpg (405.97 KiB) Viewed 42 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm

I'm loving what you came up with, and will complete a version according to your maps. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 1st, 2017, 1:23 pm

:friends: Thank you! It was very frustrating. But very happy to have it done. Now I can play whichever way I wish to play at any given point in time. :yeah: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 1st, 2017, 8:25 pm

:hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 1st, 2017, 10:16 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 2nd, 2017, 1:31 pm

So I messed up and forgot that even though you load a game, after you've played a bit and save - it does not save to the game you've loaded, but to the last game you played prior to loading this new game. :doh: :doh: :doh: I lost my Sims 2 world!! Yes, after all that work, I forgot to re-find the game I had loaded and was playing and wanted to save before exiting and doing something else ... Why, oh why doesn't the game save to what you are actually playing and what you've loaded? Why, oh why does the game save to something you played last, but are not playing now? (sigh)

So I spent all yesterday evening rebuilding my Sims 2 world. Something of interest that started happening in Newcrest (which is Four Corners in my Sims 2 World) - it was the last one I needed to redo before I could call it a night and be happy again. The game started glitching. I would place a home or business on a lot and it wouldn't show up until I actually went into it in build mode. Then it would show up. So I couldn't just place things around the map where I knew they went, I had to go into build mode to actually place anything. I was wondering if the game was just tired, or if my computer was tired. But, I got it done and all is well that ends well - I hope. Please do not let me forget the fact of the save-as when it comes to saving so that I check to make sure I'm saving in the proper loaded game rather than a game I played sometime yesterday. :doh: :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 2nd, 2017, 2:28 pm

Oh no! It's been a little while since I've done that, but aaarrrggghhh...have done it.

The lot placement thing...both Patty and I have had it happening, too. Obviously another of the old familiar "fix something, break something else" patch routine...sigh.

As a workaround, I've been adding lots from build/buy. It's actually faster, anyway.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 2nd, 2017, 3:37 pm

It slows me down to have to do that, because then I have to type in "freerealestate" for each sim family placed as well. That's another thing I don't like - it doesn't "stick". Once you've typed it in, it should stick until you're done.... :uhhuh:

(I would have to do that anyway - but not being able to place the lots around without going into build/buy just adds to the inconvenience... :uhhuh: )

At least the glitch wasn't just me and you've experienced it as well. Not that that is good, either - it just tells me it's the game and not my computer or something I'm doing wrong. :uhhuh:

Uggg!! EA!! :doh: :doh: :doh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 2nd, 2017, 4:54 pm

Yes...agreed on the free real estate thing! One day last week I spent several hours trying to find a mod that would make that stick! It seems to me like it DID, at first, but now it doesn't, but I'm probably wrong about that!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 2nd, 2017, 6:17 pm

Just another example of the continuation of poor programming..... :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 2nd, 2017, 10:31 pm

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS4 Worlds