Something Odd Happened

Heard any news or rumors about what's happening to TS3? Please help us keep informed.

Re: Something Odd Happened

Postby lindawing » July 26th, 2015, 4:12 am

From what PIerre was saying, it was a whole BUNCH of people who got hit with this problem...probably the larger percent of Origin users, since most people use the auto-update features. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 26th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Actually, the "auto-update" had nothing to do with it. It's the "Update" itself, I suppose. I automatically updated and that did not affect my game or do anything after it updated. I went into my Sims 4 and spent quite a bit of time there completing my lot, taking pictures. It was after I got out of my Sims 4 game and I forgot to close out Origin. I was in the middle of putting my pictures together when it popped up and said there was a problem with my game and I should click so it could fix the errors. I assumed it meant TS4. We know what happened after. What is Origin doing looking through my computer in the first place and messing about with my other games? If I had closed it out, this would never have happened. I hope if I had not been "on-line", it wouldn't have happened. (I stay on line while creating so I don't run into problems ul'g and sharing it on the gallery.) Maybe from now on I need to just keep it off-line like I should anyway and just go through the irritation of connecting when I need to ... (I'm so lazy!!)

Anyway - be careful!! I think it is something written into Origin and it can happen to you too - automatic updates or not. It is something written within Origin regardless. It is something that came with this update. Thing to remember is do not let it fix anything ... errors, whatever .... don't let it ... because it will destroy rather than fix.

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 26th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Thing to remember is do not let it fix anything ... errors, whatever .... don't let it ... because it will destroy rather than fix.

That's the point about auto update. If auto update is on, it WILL "fix" whatever it thinks it finds that needs it. If auto-update isn't on, it can't do that. It has to ask permission (i.e. tell you that there is something that it thinks needs fixing). Then you choose not to do so, because you already know that TS3 is up to par. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

If auto update is on...toast.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 27th, 2015, 12:25 am

Actually, it was an "Origin update". It doesn't affect anything except Origin when it updates. And it didn't. It is an update to the program. Whatever they wrote in the program (added to it) with the update - then once it's updated - that takes affect. Nothing was done "automatically" except the update itself. :uhhuh: What was added to the program took affect after it updated. It was not the automatic update itself that messed with the files - it was what was in the update and that was not done at the time of the update. :uhhuh:

And it did ask permission when it, much later, said it saw an error with the program. It was my bad that I gave it permission to fix the errors. :uhhuh: It should not have messed with the TS3 files and that is why all of this is such a mess. They've written something into the Origin programming that has it looking at files it shouldn't be messing with. It was not done "automatically".
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 27th, 2015, 1:44 am

Ah...I thought you had said that it didn't give you a chance to say yes or no. Sorry about that.

It didn't do any thing to my game when it updated (on either my computer or Judi's computer), so whatever it was looking at that made it do whatever it did, mustn't have been found. :shrug:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 27th, 2015, 1:50 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS3 News & Rumors