the sims3 forum upgrade

Heard any news or rumors about what's happening to TS3? Please help us keep informed.

the sims3 forum upgrade

Postby PierreAndre » August 7th, 2014, 1:24 pm

Hello to all of my nsc bfff and simming family,

i have read this message on sims vip the sims3 forum will be undergoing tommorow a forum upgrade to prepare for the sims4 02/09/2014 so i am posting the message here

Hey Simmers –

The Sims 4 launch is REALLY close, like September 2 close– and we are pleased to confirm that we are upgrading the forums in preparation.

With the upgrade comes some downtime. We want to minimize the downtime as much as possible but we do ask that you have patience as we get this moving.

We will begin the upgrade this FRIDAY (August 8, 2014), at around 09:00am PDT.

What this means is that the forums will be read only (you will not be able to post or start new threads) for several days starting from that time.

We will keep everyone updated via Twitter and Facebook when the forums come back up.

We also want to let you know that with the upgrade, one piece of your profile will not be activated. You will need to choose or create a new avatar. Everything else will remain the same.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Looking forward to seeing what you think about the upgraded forums once they are live. I have read this on simvip. and this mean we will have to create new avys there after but i would advise that you save your sims3 store content on your hard drive incase we can't acess or purchuse history :friends:
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: the sims3 forum upgrade

Postby MelodyOkie » August 7th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Thank you Pierre for letting us know about this. I'm making sure all my store items are safely backed-up in a folder on my computer - just in case. Anxious to see what the changes are they are making. I'll have to figure out what my new Avatar should be .... :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » August 7th, 2014, 2:43 pm

MelodyOkie wrote:Thank you Pierre for letting us know about this. I'm making sure all my store items are safely backed-up in a folder on my computer - just in case. Anxious to see what the changes are they are making. I'll have to figure out what my new Avatar should be .... :friends:

it might be sims4 avy but if you have the sims4 create a sim demo you can make your sims4simself and make it your avy melody my bfff
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 7th, 2014, 3:07 pm

I don't. Registered for it, but never received anything on it. So mine will be a Sims 3 - hoping to use the same one again. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » August 7th, 2014, 3:15 pm

i hope so as well melody my bfff even do i registered myself to get the sims4 create a sim demo early never got it sigh and i dk why but my six sense as kick in like i have a sense of deja vu they upgraded the sims2 offical exchange and a few years later they annonce they where closing it down :doh:
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 7th, 2014, 3:38 pm

Oh, I am sure they are bound to close TS3 as well, sometime in the future. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 7th, 2014, 7:06 pm

Thanks, Pierre. Good to know about the down time. Hopefully by the time my mom's memorial is over and we start getting back to normal here, the site will be back up and running better than before. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » August 8th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Thanks for the info, Pierre!

I'm glad to hear that others haven't gotten access to the TS4 CAS demo yet. I was starting to feel like I was the only one. :yikes: :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 8th, 2014, 1:12 pm

Carrie - I thought I was the only one!! :evillaugh: I guess there are lots of us out there, then. I saw somewhere that they will be releasing it on the 12th for everyone who doesn't have it yet. The one the others have been using was beta and the one we will get has all those glitches removed!! So our version will be better ... ;-) :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » August 8th, 2014, 1:18 pm

:rotfl:

I wasn't sure when they'd be releasing it to everyone. I'll be looking forward to the 12th then. Thanks Melody! :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 8th, 2014, 1:47 pm

I sure hope they do!! :yeah: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 8th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Well, good, then! By the 12th, I may actually have the time to use it a bit, too!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » August 9th, 2014, 2:32 pm

:joy:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » August 12th, 2014, 1:19 pm

Below is a link to the new forums. It looks like today was just a rumor for CAS being released. We might have to wait a little while longer. :uhhuh:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 12th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Thanks Carrie! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS3 News & Rumors