A Chat about it

Heard any news or rumors about what's happening to TS3? Please help us keep informed.

Re: A Chat about it

Postby MelodyOkie » May 2nd, 2016, 10:14 pm

Yes, I figured you knew, especially for having played the Sims since Sims 1 - many, many years; that I had already done all the stuff it takes to get rid of things I don't like. :grin: And no, I really don't like pets. Didn't like them in Sims 2 either - they wrote the programming where the critters are just too destructive and disgusting. :ohoh: I did, for a short while ... very short while, like the horses (but, there again, poor programming even ruined that). When you have them just show up in a tiny yard where they don't fit and they are hanging half in and half out of the house ... some even inside the house and can't get out (how in the world they got in there in the first place is EA's secret, I guess.) Anyway - no. I did try playing a cat lady once and that wasn't so bad. They had plenty of toys and things to scratch on, so they didn't destroy the furniture.

And yes, I agree, I just loved the Sims and for so many years I spent every moment available playing, creating, etc. I do miss how much I enjoyed them. But, I guess I just had too much of a good thing and somewhere along the line it just wasn't fun anymore. I had actually started enjoying The Sims 4 and was quite ready to move away from the glitchiness of The Sims 3; however, then they added into the Sims 4, game play that just should never have been added in a patch. Down right vulgar stuff. Stuff they think might be funny, I'm too old to find it funny - it's just disgusting. I do miss when it was fun. :yeah: :uhhuh:

(Oh, and I think the game will be growing in a direction I don't want to go in anyway ... saw a guru tweeted something about unisex business ... so at some point, you will be seeing npc male sims dressed as females and vice versa; male sims with female hair and I suppose make-up and jewelry. (Not confirmed, by the way - and my opinion as how I see things will go when they make everything unisex.) (I get sick to my stomach over men wanting to use women's restrooms in real life - don't want to see it in my game.)
:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 2nd, 2016, 11:06 pm

For sure! That will end it for me, if it goes that way. I would imagine I'll play what I have, so far, but right at this point in time, I just can't get up the gumption to go in. I have better things to do, usually. Once in a while, I think, "Oh! I could play the Sims. Hmmm...well...not now," and I either go on to something else or take a computer break.

I do keep searching for games that will grab me. So far, for me, it's still Minecraft, because I like doing the challenges that I video-ize.

I play a couple of Android games on my cell, that I really like.

I WAS doing some knitting every day there, for a while, but then I messed up that hat for my sister-in-law, and haven't been able to get started getting back into it...silly me! I know I enjoy it a lot once I get in. Need to start again.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 3rd, 2016, 12:04 am

Oh, no!! I was making that Poncho - directions said "Easy". Humphhh! Not so easy and the directions are not very clear, nor are they accurate. My Poncho won't be seen in public - if I even finish it!! I've not knitted since messing it up. (sigh) I'm now saving my money to purchase a pre-made poncho. :uhhuh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 3rd, 2016, 1:13 am

I keep looking at the half-finished afghan I started for my brother Gary (Kayla's husband), and sighing. There's nothing wrong with it...it's coming out great, but...just got to get back into it.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 4th, 2016, 12:14 am

I actually have the materials to start an afghan for me similar to the one I did for Terry, only in lavendars; but after the poncho fiasco ... I just have to wait awhile, I think. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » May 4th, 2016, 3:02 am

Yeah...me too... :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » May 4th, 2016, 12:49 pm

;-) :friends: