The Cohen's

This is the place to share the Sims you have created. You may either tell us how to find them in the Gallery, or attach your files here. We have a tutorail to explain how that's done.

The Cohen's

Postby MelodyOkie » November 17th, 2014, 4:29 pm

Linda, remember them? Their house was my first competition and you won them, didn't you?

I've recreated the Cohen's now for Sims 4. I'm working on their home, but it will take me awhile to get it ready. I've so much work around the house to do to get ready for Thanksgiving, it will take a little longer for their home (my version) to be recreated.

Meanwhile, the Cohen's are waiting in the gallery under OkieMelody.

Before and After pictures:

Sims 3 version:

The Cohens.jpg
The Cohens.jpg (58.09 KiB) Viewed 919 times

Sims 4:

Samuel Cohen.jpg
Samuel Cohen.jpg (53.89 KiB) Viewed 919 times

Katherine Cohen.jpg
Katherine Cohen.jpg (71.78 KiB) Viewed 919 times

Alysa Cohen.jpg
Alysa Cohen.jpg (64.32 KiB) Viewed 919 times

Rachel Cohen.jpg
Rachel Cohen.jpg (62.03 KiB) Viewed 919 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Cohen's

Postby psychedelicsim » November 17th, 2014, 4:37 pm

I love them! Great job, Melody. I can't wait to see their home. :yeah:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 17th, 2014, 6:34 pm

Thank you Carrie!! I have the frame up, roof on and placing the windows. It actually is looking better than the Sims 3 version - which is very strange indeed!! :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 17th, 2014, 8:15 pm

I love the Cohens! Actually, I think Wendy won them, but then didn't you use them on one of the small islands? I know I have them in my TS3 game, but I can't remember for sure if it was Wendy or I who won them. You've made lovely versions of them for TS4, and I can hardly wait to see the house!!! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 17th, 2014, 8:47 pm

I really thought you had won the first contest. No - I've not shared them at all (except with the winner of the contest) - so if you have them, that means you are the one that won the first contest. I've created so many sims; but those 5 families, I set aside in a special folder so I would not accidentally upload them. (I've played my copy and probably posted pictures - but I've never shared them with anyone else, since they were gifts to the winners of the contests.)

The families for the homes on the islands were all new, I created them for the homes I created for the islands. Are you thinking about the Bottie's (Winter) or the Thar's? (Summer) Maybe The Alternates? (Spring) or The Theory's (Fall).

The Cohens were the first prize for the first house contest and have not been shared with anyone else other than the winner of the first house building contest. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 17th, 2014, 8:52 pm

OK, good! Then I guess I DID win! :evillaugh: I've always loved them, at any rate, and I've just downloaded the new version. Thank you!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 17th, 2014, 8:58 pm

Thank you!! :joy: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 19th, 2014, 11:33 pm

The Cohen's home is now available in the Gallery under OkieMelody. I'm so pleased with how it turned out and actually like this Sims 4 version much better than my Sims 3 version.

This was for my Housebuilding 1 Contest for The Cohen's.

Sims 3 Version will be posted first in the next 3 pictures with the Sims 4 Version posted second. Please click on pictures for a better view:

Cohen Main.jpg
Cohen Main.jpg (175.99 KiB) Viewed 905 times

The Cohen.jpg
The Cohen.jpg (336.19 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Cohen Downstairs.jpg
Cohen Downstairs.jpg (208.17 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Downstairs Layout.jpg
Downstairs Layout.jpg (280.82 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Cohen Upstairs.jpg
Cohen Upstairs.jpg (209.16 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Upstairs Layout.jpg
Upstairs Layout.jpg (297.75 KiB) Viewed 905 times

The rest of the pictures are of The Sims 4 Version only:

Entry.jpg
Entry.jpg (315.54 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Office.jpg
Office.jpg (348.04 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Dining View 1.jpg
Dining View 1.jpg (374.32 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Dining View 2.jpg
Dining View 2.jpg (345.16 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Kitchen.jpg
Kitchen.jpg (352.47 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Breakfast.jpg
Breakfast.jpg (526.76 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Living View 1.jpg
Living View 1.jpg (253.57 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Living View 2.jpg
Living View 2.jpg (273.83 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Upstairs Hall.jpg
Upstairs Hall.jpg (288.87 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Upstairs Hall Bath.jpg
Upstairs Hall Bath.jpg (316.09 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Rachels Room View 1.jpg
Rachels Room View 1.jpg (262.68 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Rachels Room View 2.jpg
Rachels Room View 2.jpg (292.72 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Master Bedroom.jpg
Master Bedroom.jpg (347.53 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Master Bath.jpg
Master Bath.jpg (325.05 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Alysas Bedroom View 1.jpg
Alysas Bedroom View 1.jpg (286.88 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Alysas Bedroom View 2.jpg
Alysas Bedroom View 2.jpg (253.46 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Alysas Art Room.jpg
Alysas Art Room.jpg (272.27 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Girls Club Room View 1.jpg
Girls Club Room View 1.jpg (299.85 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Girls Club Room View 2.jpg
Girls Club Room View 2.jpg (282.93 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Right Corner.jpg
Right Corner.jpg (293.93 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Right Side.jpg
Right Side.jpg (368.29 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Right Back Corner.jpg
Right Back Corner.jpg (393.54 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Back.jpg
Back.jpg (395.73 KiB) Viewed 905 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 20th, 2014, 12:21 am

I looked in my files and found the house I made for them in their new location, and here's their move-in story. I actually used the house in TMON, as the mayor's house--just redecorated in the golden colors they favored. :uhhuh:

The Cohens are moving into their new home at 325 Oak Grove Road, and so far (after the first few minutes, they are loving it!

Samuel Cohen--who loves the outdoors; and who is disciplined, handy, good, and frugal--has already approved of the outdoor space he has seen, plus he seems to think the interior is well-designed, and he's happy about both. Samuel loves classical music, cheesesteak, and the color aqua. Though these traits may seem fairly commonplace, there's something just a bit more exotic about Samuel--he really, really, REALLY wants to become a Martial Arts Master! Going through the front door with his wife, his main desire seems a little strange. It appears he wants nothing more than to sit and relax with a good video game!!!

Katherine Cohen--who also loves the outdoors--is, on the other hand, a workaholic and a bookworm. Katherine does love to exercise her green thumb when she has a bit of time, though she's quite ambitious. Initially, at least, she'll be running some sort of business out of her home, since the Cohen children are still fairly young. In the long run, she desires very much to become the CEO of a Mega Corporation. Katherine loves Chinese music, stir-fry, and the color red. Like Samuel, she also seems to approve of the house and the yard. Katherine's main desire as she moves through the front door of her new home, is to read something...just anything will do!

The children are twin girls: Rachel and Alysa.

Rachel is an adventurous youngster who loves the outdoors as much as her parents. She is a bit excitable. Her life will probably never be boring! Rachel loves kids' music, hamburgers, and the color spice brown. Though she still doesn't have a lifetime want, her T-Shirt reflects her love of teddy bears. Perhaps she'll have something to do with animals as she grows and matures. Rachel is already loving her new home and yard. Rachel has decided that the first thing she'll do when she gets inside, is watch TV.

Alysa--like all the others in her family--enjoys the outdoors. She is a little more disciplined than her twin, and quite artistic. She enjoys classical music, love autumn salads, and her favorite color is green. Her flowered T-Shirt reflects her love of gardening. She and her mom will probably spend quite a bit of time gardening together. Alysa seems quite satisfied with her new home and yard. Alysa is putting off seeing her new room right away, because she knows there's a brand new swing set waiting in the back yard!

Before moving their family to their new home, Samuel and Katherine hired a local decorator to renovate the interior the upper story and the master bedroom. Though there is still much to be done in the rest of the house, each of the Cohens will have a private place in which to spend time enjoying their favorite things without disturbing the others, as well a plenty of place in which to share with each other.

They are looking forward to making the remainder of their home just as cosy and friendly as the newly-decorated areas...just as soon as they all run off to do the things on their minds at this very moment!
Attachments
05-LivingWells-02-28-2010.jpg
05-LivingWells-02-28-2010.jpg (108.74 KiB) Viewed 902 times
04-LivingWells-02-28-2010.jpg
04-LivingWells-02-28-2010.jpg (108.47 KiB) Viewed 902 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 20th, 2014, 12:28 am

I remember, Linda. I was so happy you enjoyed the family, too!! :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 20th, 2014, 3:29 am

I wasn't sure if I should post the Sims 4 Home I've created for the Sims 4 Cohen's, but thought, since they go together, I would do that.

Don't forget, both the Sims 4 version of the Cohen's and the home I've created for them are available for download in the Gallery, under OkieMelody.

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 20th, 2014, 3:48 am

The original Building Contest (Wellspring of Magic) for this series of 5 families started with The Cohen Family (which were award to the winner - Linda).

The Cohen's moved from a small cramped apartment in the New York area to Portal Connecticut.
Samuel (the Dad) had been teaching high school and had hopes to continue to do so in Connecticut.
Katherine (the Mom) had been working as a lawyer and planned on continuing her law practice in their new home.
The Twins: Alysa (who loved plants, flowers, gardens, fairies and magic, was very artistic and loved to paint.
Rachel loved animals. All kinds of animals, wild animals, especially bears.

(I found some of my notes in my files!! :yeah: :joy: )

My Contest and the families that I awarded, came from an actual book "Wellspring of Magic". Their characters were based on the description of each of them in the book, as well as all that entailed - their likes, their talents, where they were from, where they moved to and the parents jobs, etc. - all of it came from the book. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 20th, 2014, 6:15 am

It was great fun, Melody! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » November 20th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Great job with the house, Melody. It's lovely!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 20th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Thank you Linda and Carrie!!

Linda - it was great fun for me to create the contest and in so doing, I built my versions of the homes to make sure it could be done within the confines of the rules. And I really enjoyed creating the families as the award for the winners. I was so happy that you enjoyed this family and it was great seeing the family in your pictures and stories!! The house you created for them was perfect and I was so happy when you won the family. I knew you would take good care of them!! :-)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS4 Sims Downloads