Merry Christmas--TS4--Linda

This is a public forum that lists some ongoing fun challenges and open group projects. We hope you'll join in with one or more at some time.

Merry Christmas--TS4--Linda

Postby lindawing » December 12th, 2014, 2:33 am

I created a 40x30 lot with four bedrooms and three bathrooms, and the Nicholson family to live there, for my TS4 Christmas gift to you all. I did upload both the lot and the family to the Gallery, under my user name: linarwing. You may also download them here, at the end of this presentation.

Here is the house...

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-01.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-01.jpg (507.86 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-02.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-02.jpg (500.87 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-03.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-03.jpg (485.5 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-04.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-04.jpg (509.72 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-05.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-05.jpg (508.03 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-06.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-06.jpg (512.78 KiB) Viewed 692 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-07.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryCountry-07.jpg (502.14 KiB) Viewed 692 times

As for the Nicholsons, they are:

Tony (Adult--Dad)...
Tony wants to be a bodybuilder, and he has a high metabolism. He loves the outdoors and being active, but he's also quite romantic.

TonyNicholson.jpg
TonyNicholson.jpg (803.12 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Larissa (Adult--Mom)...
Larissa would love to be a soulmate, and she's very alluring. She's also family-oriented and outgoing. Her one rather negative (but cute) trait is her clumsiness. Larissa reminds me very much of my granddaughter Crystyl, both in looks and traits!

LarissaNicholson.jpg
LarissaNicholson.jpg (843.5 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Derek (Teen--First Son)...
Derek is just like his dad, in his traits, and he looks a lot like him, except that he has a bit lighter skintone than his mom.

DerekNicholson.jpg
DerekNicholson.jpg (816.49 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Michelle (Teen--Twin to Derek)...
Michelle wants to be the friend of the world. She's very gregarious. She's also neat, and is a very good girl. She also looks quite a lot like her dad, yet like her mom, too, and she has her mom's darker skin.

MichelleNicholson.jpg
MichelleNicholson.jpg (795.67 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Timmy Nicholson (Child--Second Son)...
Timmy is a very rambunctious scamp, and really outgoing. He looks very much like his mom, and also has her skintone.

TimmyNicholson.jpg
TimmyNicholson.jpg (658.82 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Susanna (Child--Twin to Timmy)...
Susanna wants to be a whiz kid. She's also very neat. She looks quite a bit like her mom and Timmy, but she has her dad's light skin.

SusannaNicholson.jpg
SusannaNicholson.jpg (653.23 KiB) Viewed 692 times

Both the lot and the family are in this .zip file, in separate folders. Just download the .zip, then unzip it to wherever your holding file is for new TS4 library files, then add the contents of both folders to your Tray.

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-lindawing.zip
(581.34 KiB) Downloaded 37 times

I hope you enjoy this Christmas offering. Merry Christmas from me and The Sims 4!

EDITED TO ADD A DECORATED VERSION OF THE HOUSE AND FAMILY. Plus...I THOUGHT I had gotten a version of the Nicholson Family saved, that had Larissa being pregnant. Evidently I goofed that up, and the regular version of the family is NOT expecting a baby.

SO...The decorated version of the family (they have a #2 party outfit added to each one) IS expecting a baby.

Pictures of the decorated house...

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-01.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-01.jpg (405.21 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-02.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-02.jpg (396.61 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-03.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-03.jpg (446.88 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-04.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-04.jpg (450.07 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-05.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-05.jpg (414.42 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-06.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-06.jpg (399.43 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-07.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-07.jpg (434.97 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-08.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-08.jpg (440.79 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-09.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-09.jpg (467.01 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-10.jpg
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-ContemporaryChristmas-10.jpg (384.94 KiB) Viewed 674 times

Pictures of the family in their Christmas party gear (the little ones didn't get any special sweaters for some reason)...

TonyNicholson-Christmas.jpg
TonyNicholson-Christmas.jpg (166 KiB) Viewed 674 times

LarissaNicholson-Christmas.jpg
LarissaNicholson-Christmas.jpg (153.32 KiB) Viewed 674 times

DerekNicholson-Christmas.jpg
DerekNicholson-Christmas.jpg (151.77 KiB) Viewed 674 times

MichelleNicholson-Christmas.jpg
MichelleNicholson-Christmas.jpg (144.4 KiB) Viewed 674 times

TimmyNicholson-Christmas.jpg
TimmyNicholson-Christmas.jpg (121.96 KiB) Viewed 674 times

SusannaNicholson-Christmas.jpg
SusannaNicholson-Christmas.jpg (101.8 KiB) Viewed 674 times

The Nicholson's decorated home and family (in a combo .zip file)...
MerryChristmas2014-TS4-Decorated-lindawing.zip
(474.13 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

IMPORTANT...You must have the new game update (12/16/2014) and the Holiday Celebration Pack (also 12/16/2014) in order for the house and the family to show up any differently than they did before. If you don't have them, the only change you will get, is that Larissa IS pregnant. :uhhuh: :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Merry Christmas--TS4--Linda

Postby MelodyOkie » December 12th, 2014, 4:06 am

Very nice Linda!! Well Done!! And thank you!! :hug-group-2y1:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 12th, 2014, 5:47 am

You're welcome, Melody. It was a fun house to build, and I love the family. Hope you enjoy them, too. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » December 12th, 2014, 12:15 pm

Everything is absolutely beautiful. Wonderful job with everything, Linda. :joy:

Thank you! :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm

Thank you, Carrie. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 16th, 2014, 11:54 pm

Now that the December update has been added to my game, along with the Holiday pack, I'm going to decorate the Nicholson's home and add the holiday version here, probably later this evening. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 17th, 2014, 7:11 am

I've just uploaded additional pictures and files for the decorated version of the lot and family, to the end of the first post:

viewtopic.php?f=348&t=2581

I discovered three things while doing this:

(1) I thought I had uploaded a pregnant Larissa the first time, but that evidently was not the case!

(2) Evidently I didn't upload the PLAYED version of the family, either, so they're all brand new (sigh).

(3) When you have the testing cheats on and get curious about the the words "Add as Head" on the mailbox (another sigh), DON'T DO IT!!! It becomes the head of the active Sim.

That probably would have been OK if I'd realized what I'd done and changed Tony's head with whatever means there is of doing that...at least one would hope there IS a method for doing that. However, I evicted and DELETED the family, thinking that would rid them of the problem, thinking also that I had the played, pregnant family uploaded here, which I didn't...yet another sigh.

So...with the new family that I installed, from my previous upload (that is still the same as it was, by the way), when I went back into the house, I discovered that there STILL was an extra mailbox in the master bedroom (giggle), since that's where Tony had been when I gave him his new head--in bed--asleep--with his wife, who had jumped out of bed in fright!

Still...if I'd given Tony any head except for the mailbox, things could have been easily rectified. However...MAILBOXES CANNOT BE DELETED! Oh, for Heaven's sake!

So...I ended up deleting the saved Christmas versions of the house and family, which I had already uploaded to the gallery. When I took them down from the gallery, the new house had already been downloaded four times! Any other time, I probably wouldn't have seen any downloads happen for a MONTH! Tonight, however, four people already got the house with two mailboxes in it--one up in the master bedroom! I'm almost guffawing now, thinking what they are wondering what THAT'S all about! The one that's uploaded NOW does NOT have the mailbox in such a stupid place, thankfully, because...

...I had to start all over adding the Christmas decorations. It was much easier the second time, actually, since I already knew just what I wanted to do, and it went along clip, clip, clip. I also made a couple of changes to the way that I decorated the family, so that was OK, too. THEY had only had TWO downloads, and there was nothing wrong with them, either...EXCEPT...in the first version, Larissa STILL wasn't pregnant! :evillaugh: :rotfl: :rofl:

Now I have replaced the house and the family on the gallery with corrected versions, now, and the ones I've uploaded here are also corrected, AND...

...Larissa is expecting a new baby sometime soon!

So if you WANT Larissa to have a baby, grab the decorated version with their (I think) pretty Christmas sweaters as their second party outfits (their first ones are still there--the Christmas ones are just extras).

OH...I'm glad they put the "moveobjects" cheat in with this pack. If they hadn't, it would have been a LOT harder to decorate the house, because just about everywhere I wanted the lights to go, around the bottom floor, there was already something in the way (flowers and other decorations). Plus, in the living room, I was able to move the chair closest to the front door over just a bit, to make room for the Christmas tree where the coffee table used to be. I should have thought and put the coffee table (along with the dirty dish that was on it) into the family inventory, but I didn't, so if you ever want to UNDECORATE the house, either just bring in the old one, or buy a new coffee table once the decorations are pulled down! :lol:

Also, I was glad they made the resized objects STICK in lots, now. I resized a tree for one side of the house, and one of the snowmen for the other side.

Since they didn't put any GIFTS into our lovely Holiday Celebration Pack, I put a train under the tree in the house, by the way. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS4 Fun Stuff