Merry Christmas!

This is a public forum that lists some ongoing fun challenges and open group projects. We hope you'll join in with one or more at some time.

Merry Christmas!

Postby lindawing » December 4th, 2014, 11:15 am

I'm putting one of these topics into the TS2, the TS3, and the TS4 areas.

If any of you want to make a lot or a Sim (or more than one of either or both) to give away for Christmas, just add a new topic to the Fun Stuff area for the applicable game, and post your downloadable gift. Title it, "Merry Christmas 2014--TS2/TS3/TS4--Your Name."

Please do not use CC or store items, because others may not have the same items you have--no matter which game for which you choose to create.

Nothing has to be fancy (unless you want to create fancy stuff just for the fun of it). All of these forums are open to our guests as well as our members, so we may not see a lot of thank-yous or ooohs and aaahs. This is just for us to give something away that we haven't posted somewhere else.

Nothing needs to be expressly-holiday related. Just make a little gift for someone else to enjoy during their coming year.

I had planned to make an Advent Calendar and post a gift for every day from December 1 through December 25, but I just haven't had the time to do it. I confess...I've been playing Minecraft more than Sims, so it's entirely my own fault that I haven't had the time.

At any rate, I hope some of you will join me in posting at least one gift. I hope to get several done. I have a residential lot and a family to go with it, for TS4, that are in the works right now. I should get them posted in the next couple of days.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Merry Christmas!

Postby psychedelicsim » December 4th, 2014, 12:37 pm

This is a wonderful idea, Linda. I will definitely be participating!
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 4th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Hooray! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 5th, 2014, 12:30 am

I'm thinking on it. I have the home to build yet for The Delaney's and Christmas is coming round fast. It would be nice to do something for all three areas. Just don't know if I'll be able to. If I can, though, I will. Maybe add some "after Christmas Goodies"? (Specials) But most likely, maybe something for Sims 4. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 5th, 2014, 12:34 am

After Christmas specials would be good, too...they can be New Year's gifts. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 5th, 2014, 1:38 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 5th, 2014, 2:22 am

I just spent two hours working on my house and letting my Sims have their way every once in a while, in order to get some of their relationships more developed. They are a nice family, with two sets of twins--teens and children. The dad is white, and the mom is brown. The kids have a mix of the skintones and features, and a few similar traits. I do wish the teens were shorter. I think if there's anything that really does bother me about TS4, that's it...that and the lack of toddlers. I can deal with the lack of matching things, because, after all, EA is well known for their non-matching furnishings and accessories. :lol: I really would like to see the teens go backwards in height, though, and look more like teenagers than young adults!

Anyway...I've been nodding off for the last hour, while trying to get at least the bottom floor of the house (it has three stories) completely furnished. I did get the kitchen and the downstairs bathroom done, and the entry to the stairs (a reading area, though I may change that to a den). There's one computer in the kitchen (for recipes and such...right?). With that large of a family, though, a more formal computer setting might not be a bad thing! :uhhuh:

Then the living room and the two upper floors are yawning at me--wide open and waiting! Back to it tomorrow, or maybe later tonight.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » December 5th, 2014, 11:52 am

Sounds wonderful! :joy:

I'll be at home today, so I'm hoping to stay awake long enough to do some gaming. These meds are still making me drowsy. I fall asleep at the strangest times. :rotfl:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 5th, 2014, 9:37 pm

Story of my life, Carrie, since I am narcoleptic.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 6th, 2014, 2:05 am

I've decided to go ahead and do a Sims 4 Christmas Home and then I will get The Delaney's home done.

I was inspired by the picture of my Uno Con Dios that I created in Sims 3 that was in my background today. I thought a replica for Sims 4 would be a nice gift. I love the name - "One With God" :yeah: I've started. It really is amazing the difference in spacing between Sims 3 and Sims 4, etc. But it will be so nice to have a version of this home for Sims 4, I think. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2014, 3:18 am

I love that name, too, Melody. :joy:

Looking forward to seeing the TS4 version.

I've been working more on my offering, this afternoon, after knitting for several hours. I have the bottom floor done now (until I change something again, of course). :grin: I've also set the colors for the middle floor and the top floor, and have the hallways and the drapery done throughout. So...just the bedrooms and the upper two bathrooms to do, then the yard.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » December 6th, 2014, 12:52 pm

Sounds wonderful, Melody! :joy:

lindawing wrote:Story of my life, Carrie, since I am narcoleptic.

:friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 6th, 2014, 2:49 pm

:hug-group-6y: Since I have the frame up, I've started with the yard first and then will move inside. My home is small, built for 1 or 2 (One Story). Hoping to make it lovely, though. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2014, 8:44 pm

:joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 7th, 2014, 1:32 am

Worked some more on my house. As expected, when I began working on the upper floor furnishings, I ended up changing some things on the first floor, and then changed my colors yet again on my middle floor and top floor. :lol:

I also discovered that I hadn't actually put in my second set of stairs, and that led to finding the correct railings to match the other fence and railings I had changed to on the exterior a couple of days back. So I'm still not done, but I have made progress.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS4 Fun Stuff