About This Project

This is a public forum. The members of Neighborly SimsCraft have completely rebuilt both Willow Creek and Oasis Springs for your downloading pleasure. There are still five unbuilt lots in Oasis Springs, but Willow Creek is completely filled up. All the lots are now available to replace the lots in a fresh save in your game.

About This Project

Postby lindawing » September 5th, 2014, 9:07 am

When TS3 came out, we started our first project by making a saved world from the Riverview map, bulldozing all the lots, and evicting all the Sims. We named the new world Creekside, and made quite a few new lots for it between the beginning of the TS3 franchise and the next EP, and before EA came out with CaW. We never did finish Creekside, but we had a lot of fun building for it as we learned the game, and I, for one, still use some of the lots we built there, in my other TS3 saved games.

So...that's what we did with our new TS4 world. I emptied all the lots on a map in my own game, then renamed and numbered them. Here's the way my map looked right after I did that.
WillowCreek-Map-Project#1.jpg
WillowCreek-Map-Project#1.jpg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

OasisSprings-Map-Project#1.jpg
OasisSprings-Map-Project#1.jpg (127.18 KiB) Viewed 1266 times

Then our members began to build brand new lots to fill up both maps. We had a lot of fun, and now we want to share the project with you.

As of today (October 31, 2014), I have called this project complete, though there are still five lots open. Carrie has claimed two in Oasis Springs and Lisa has claimed one in Oasis Springs. There are two lots in Oasis Springs that were never claimed. Carrie and Lisa may get the time to work on their claimed lots, or they may not (they may add them here at any time), so there are five lots ready and waiting for you to add on your own, in Oasis Springs, or you may want to fill in the two unclaimed lots and wait for Carrie and Lisa to add the other three...up to you.

You may use the downloaded lots and families any way you like, of course, but here are the updated maps, to help you install them into a fresh save in your own game if you would like, so that you can have everything in a nice, fresh world of your own.
NSCProject#1-WCMapUpdated-100114.jpg
NSCProject#1-WCMapUpdated-100114.jpg (204.74 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

NSCProject#1-OSMapUpdated-103114.jpg
NSCProject#1-OSMapUpdated-103114.jpg (456.68 KiB) Viewed 1116 times

I would highly recommend emptying the new world completely before adding in the new lots and families, if you intend to do the whole thing. Use the info panel in the lots to bulldoze the existing lots (don't bother renaming them--you'll need to do it when you install the new lots from your Library, anyway). Then go to Household Management and delete all the families (played and/or unplayed) except one random unplayed one (which will have to remain in order to save your game). Then save your game AS whatever world you want to name it.

Once you've done that and installed all the new lots and households, save again, before you start playing. If you'd like, you can also save a BACKUP of that world right then, by using the Save As option again. Then you can reload the save and start playing. As you play, the NPC families will start to fill in your Household Management, unplayed area. You will NOT get the "famous name" families this way...you will only get randomly-generated families that are a lot of fun.

Most of these files have NOT been uploaded to The Gallery. They have all been uploaded here, as zipped files that need to be unpacked then added to your Tray. There's a tutorial here, to help you learn how to do it, in case you don't already know.

You may download all the lots and families for Willow Creek, HERE.

You may download all the completed lots and families for Oasis Springs, HERE.

The holding topics for the claimed, but not-yet-completed lots are HERE.

If you have any questions, members may post here, and I (or another member) will reply. Guests may e-mail me at lindawing@neighborlysimscraft.com, and I'll answer as soon as possible. While you're at it, why not ask to become a member? :uhhuh:

Also, if you'd like to just download a complete save, with my slightly-played lots and families, let me know, and I'll make one available. We have a tutorial about downloading and using those, HERE, if you haven't done it before.

We hope you enjoy our very first NSC Project for The Sims 4. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: About This Project

Postby lindawing » April 15th, 2018, 1:21 pm

QUICK UPDATE...

I came in here to look at this project just to find out something about one of the lots I had built for it. That got me started making a completed world that I am going to upload soon, using all of the lots that we planned for the project, plus I've filled in the few missing ones in Oasis Springs. I updated my "Empty Lots--Slot a" world earlier tonight, and uploaded it. That's what I used to start putting an unplayed project world together, now that I know how to do it (which I didn't, back when we were working on the project right at the beginning of TS4).

I'm still working on updating all of my community lots with traits, and am changing some of them very slightly in order to reflect more of the lot types that we now have. I also plan to add traits to all of the residential houses, based mainly on the types of families who are supposed to live in them. I may add the families in, if the size of the world doesn't get way, way, way too large. I'll see how large it is with no families in place, but I think as long as the families are there, but not yet played, and there are no extra Sims (Lotza Stuff will even be deleted, as she'll no longer be needed).

All of the neighborhoods except for Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are completely empty (except for the hidden lots for Get to Work and Jungle Adventure). So there will be plenty of space for those downloading the world to build and add their own Sims.

Once I get it all into a complete package, I plan to make a video to showcase it, and it will have it's own Topic in the same forum as the earlier one, with an exterior shot of each lot, and (for the residential lots) a family group photo. I won't go into details about either, but have a brief description, so the variety in the neighborhoods can be seen. I figured I'd make that as a downloadable spreadsheet, as well, so that those people who like to play full worlds for generations, etc., might like to download the original information and change it as they go.

Anyway...those are my thoughts right now. It's giving me some fresh impetus in the game, and I've been really enjoying myself tonight. I won't be able to work on it every night, as I have a pretty full video-creating and uploading schedule, already, but I'm trying to get more Sims content on my channel, and I thought this would be fun to update and use for part of that. :hooray: :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 15th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Melody, you and I made most of the stuff in this project. Carrie made her few things, Pierre made two things (that I helped with), Lisa made a few, and Patty made a few.

I'm not changing anything in any of the lots anyone else made. I did put in Patty's updated version of her own home, that she changed after we got the pools. None of the lots ever had traits, since those have been so recent.

I wondered if you might want to go through your own lots and let me know what traits you think I should add, or if you'd mind if I just go ahead and do that on my own, for this new edition. Lisa, if you read this, I have the same question for you. ;-)

I know Pierre won't care if I just choose the traits for his two lots. I can try to reach Carrie, but these days, I don't even get any answers from her on Facebook or Messenger, so I don't even plan to try.

I'm also not planning to "advertise" this in the Facebook group until it's complete, and then I'll just place a link with probably a screenshot of each of the two completed maps.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 15th, 2018, 6:43 pm

Linda, although I do have the completed project (for those empty spaces in Oasis Springs, I created something for them in my game so that it would be complete). The one thing I've never done was to mess with "traits" for the lots. Never understood the purpose of EA adding that to the game and just didn't have the inclination to limit my creations with particular traits. They are whatever you want them to be or need them to be. :evillaugh: So, you have my permission to assign traits to them, if you so choose. It won't bother me at all. :friends:

P.S. Is that the easiest thing for you? It seems like it would be, but maybe not? If you need me to do it, I will do it and re-upload them; but if it's just easier to assign the traits from your perspective, please feel free to do so. Just let me know if you need me to do anything to help. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 15th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Oh, no problem, Melody! I'm really having a blast with this. As long as you don't mind, it's giving me something fun to do. Thanks! Nothing will change for your originals, of course. It will just be what I assign in my game. People can always change them if they want, of course. It just has grabbed my fancy for a time. Thanks! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 15th, 2018, 11:35 pm

;-) :hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » April 17th, 2018, 11:43 am

Oh my goodness, I can barely remember the homes I made! I am not worried about you making some changes to the lots in any way, whether that be traits or anything else for that matter :friends: I'm not sure what traits are available, I did get into play a few weeks back and had a good old rummage around the jungle with my sim family, but however life takes over again and steals my time away!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 17th, 2018, 1:39 pm

OK, thanks Lisa. I'm having a blast adding the traits to the lots. I've learned a lot about how and why they were concocted, while I've been at it, so far. For the lots who have tenants planned for them, I've been checking the family traits all-together, and then choosing the three traits for their home that seem to best go with their wants & needs. With larger families (like the Lamb Family...working on getting them established in their home has been making me feel really close to Patty), it's somewhat difficult to choose only three lot traits, but so far it's been working out pretty well!

I've finally figured out a pretty good routine to get the one lot photo and one family photo for a neighborhood folio for Willow Creek, and one for Oasis Springs, that I will upload in .pdf form when done, that will be a guide for anyone really wanting to generationally play the families.

We still have a lot of downloads being done, so I think the finished world will get quite a few. If not, well then I have an updated copy for myself! ;-) :joy:

I know what you mean about life taking over. I'm trying to carefully manage my YouTube channel and this site, and still do other things here. I've been sleeping fairly long hours, because that's what winter does to me. I think spring will actually be here after the snowfall they expect for us on Wednesday. The forecast shows the temps shooting up by 20-30 degrees right after that. Once we're sure of no more freezing nights, David and I are just itching to get our gardening project (our joint plans) going. I only have the one surgery (the big spur in my left shoulder) coming up this summer. I may have at least one of my knees done in the fall, but I want the rest of my spring, and my summer free to have a good, fruitful garden with stuff to can (jar) and freeze for next winter. I'm tired of having to buy things like canned or frozen vegies, when we have a FARM, you know? Now that I can get around better, I plan to "Get 'er done!" :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to NSC Project #1