Beverly Dai--Policewoman

This is a public forum. Got a story about your TS4 Sims? Go for it! Publish it here, so we can all read it! Woot!

Re: Beverly Dai--Policewoman

Postby MelodyOkie » April 9th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Big Hugs Linda!

Yes, I really don't like a lot of the decisions EA has made when it comes to our TS4; however, like you, I've tried to go back and play TS2, but I just can't. Even with TS3!! Since I finally started playing in TS4 (with the challenges I've done, but starting even earlier with our creating the Neighborhoods early on - I enjoyed that tremendously!!); I am playing TS4 -and I'm enjoying it, regardless of everything. I've not had an opportunity to play the new EP; but I will and even with the idiosyncrasies I don't like what they've done - I know I will enjoy it as well!!

I may actually do some faux buildings for the community to at least have the appearance of the police station at least. When things slow down around here - later in the year and after I've had time to play. I want to finish my two challenges I'm in the middle of, but I may not do anymore after that - but continue my generations into the new EP. :uhhuh:

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 9th, 2015, 9:23 pm

I'll be finishing the challenges so far, as well, though they're on hold right now. I still want to finish my Mansion challenge, as well. I keep wondering how Iona and Ishudava are doing while I've been ignoring them! :lol: I'm not playing in that save at all, so that's just a joke. :uhhuh:

I haven't played anything but TS4 for the past five days, and that's rare for me. So you can tell why I'm saying what I have. I haven't been this immersed since TS2!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 9th, 2015, 11:41 pm

I understand. I'm chomping at the bit wanting to go ahead and play the new ep, but at the same time, I have this ocd need to complete my challenges I've already started. :doh: But - I may have to put them on hold, because as far as I'm concerned - it's taking way too long for promotions in this game!! And that spells b-o-r-I-n-g !! :yeah: I can't even make it 2 Sim days without just wanting out!! :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 10th, 2015, 3:07 am

I hear that! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 10th, 2015, 11:48 am

I goofed up earlier and had built my whole police station on a world lot that was turned the wrong direction. When it imported to the real lot, it was turned the wrong way. I was able to turn it, but it then goofed itself all up.

So I went back to the world lot and turned it there, successfully, then saved it and imported it to the lot again, and it went in BACKWARDS again...but goofed up. So I took a chance and tried to turn it, and it righted itself and fixed the misplaced things. Glitchy, glitchy game...sigh.

Anyway...after that, I kept on playing, and after several more hours, everything is working (except one thing...more about that in a minute), and Beverly has now attained Senior Detective in her career, and she has her new uniform. Woot! :hooray:)

the one thing that doesn't want to work is cross-referencing the clues in the police database (which would give her more clues to process to make a more-informed arrest).

I THINK this happened because there are clues stuck in her own database from the previous arrest, which finally aborted itself when she couldn't use the interrogation table. Then I had her get a new case in the default station, but after that, I replaced the station.

So I HOPE that when she solves the case she's on (the last guy she arrested turned out to be innocent), she will have FRESH clues with which to cross-reference the police database. That seemed to happen that way before, also, and it did finally get rectified.

Thankfully, all the equipment IS working this time around. :joy: The cross-referencing happens on any computer, and even if you can't do it, there are plenty of other things to do to advance the case, and it can finally be closed, even without the additional cross-reference clues.

Here are some pictures.

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-ActingAsPoliceReceptionist.png
This was in the faux police station. Many parts of it work...you just can't do everything, even though the choices are there. It's at least fun to have the police station in the world. I made it a generic community lot. It could be used for fun, at least, by making it a park or maybe a lounge, or even, perhaps, a museum, since it's full of fun stuff to peruse!
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-ActingAsPoliceReceptionist.png (1004.88 KiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-AdvancedWorkOnCrimeBoard.png
Beverly did some advanced work on the Crime Board, but she wasn't able to deduce anything new, so she just went ahead and put out the APB and went immediately to the place where a suspect had been seen that matched her clues (wearing a long-sleeved shirt, male, grey hair, wearing slacks, clumsy, and...ummm...wearing a blouse...something obviously had gone wrong with THAT deduction!). She did finally arrest a guy and took him back to the station.
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-AdvancedWorkOnCrimeBoard.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-InterrogatingSuspect-HeWasInnocent.png
She interrogated him, and went through her whole box of tricks for good cop and evidence (she hates being the bad cop, and it usually just scares the suspect and makes him/her uncooperative, anyway). Finally, she had to let the poor guy go, since he obviously was not guilty.
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-InterrogatingSuspect-HeWasInnocent.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-SearchingASuspect.png
She then spent some time searching other incarcerated suspects, until it was time to go home. She figured she wasn't going to get the promotion that had been almost due, because of arresting an innocent man, but...
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-SearchingASuspect.png (1.25 MiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-PromotedToSeniorDetective-A.png
Woot! She made it!!!
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-PromotedToSeniorDetective-A.png (131.56 KiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-PromotedToSeniorDetective-B.png
Yup...it's a done deal...only two more levels to go, to make CHIEF!
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-PromotedToSeniorDetective-B.png (235.03 KiB) Viewed 493 times

GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-NewUniformAsSeniorDetective.png
Here she is back home again, in her new detective "uniform."
GTW-041015-BeverlyDai-NewUniformAsSeniorDetective.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 493 times

Tomorrow I'll get some pictures of the new police department, and hopefully get another guy arrested. She was just about ready to do that, when she suddenly had to go home at the end of her already-extended shift. Hopefully she'll be able to find that guy again when she goes back to work!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 10th, 2015, 1:51 pm

These are great pictures and I'm so anxious to get into the gameplay. It looks like so much fun!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 10th, 2015, 10:29 pm

It really is fun...at least I think so. It's repetitive in some ways, but because most of the detective work is based out in the world--in different lots and on the streets--where your Sim gets to meet and get to know the existing neighbors and townies, it's quite interesting, and obviously it doesn't always end the same way. It can varying amounts of time to gather and process the clues, and then to make the arrests, which may or may not end up solving the crime, either. Also, you can get fired for making false, unwarranted arrests, so it makes you pay attention to the notifications and to the body language of the Sims around you. "Methinks thou dost protest too much," body language is a pretty good clue! :lol: When one Sim you've been questioning while out on an APB call starts pointing the finger at everyone around him, then it's time to take a closer look, you know? :grin:

I want to get Beverly up to Chief, then I'll move on to the Doctor career.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 10th, 2015, 10:53 pm

:joy: I hope I get some time to spend in the game to play it soon!! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 10th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Me too!!! :joy: