Beverly Dai--Policewoman

This is a public forum. Got a story about your TS4 Sims? Go for it! Publish it here, so we can all read it! Woot!

Beverly Dai--Policewoman

Postby lindawing » April 6th, 2015, 10:58 pm

While checking out the Detective career in Get to Work, which is also involving checking out my new police station build, I first tried Simon Copper. I had him placed in a totally empty world except for his own home and the gym he needed to visit. I couldn't get him past the second day's training, fully, and he didn't do well. I tried him twice, with the same results--once with the canned police station--once with my rebuild.

So today, I tried Beverly Dai, who is in my Builder world, living in my floorplans tutorial house. Right away, she was was sent to a crime scene at my other tutorial lot--Bed Bath & Pool Motel. Apparently someone had burned up all the appliances in the motel rooms. Clients were woken up and questioned, pictures were taken, and evidence collected. Then Beverly took everything back to the crime lab, where it was discovered that the suspect had black hair.

The next day, while getting to know area residents, Beverly also noted that the suspect was male, was wearing a long-sleeved shirt, was probably ambitious, and had black hair.

On her second day of training, Beverly was able to ascertain who the criminal was, even though there were two suspects down in the motel basement pointing fingers at each other. I tried to get BOTH of them arrested, but only the first one was taken to the police station, at the very end of Bev's extended day. She got him fingerpritned, searched, and photoed, but didn't get him into his cell. Apparently that was enough, because she got promoted to Officer immediately, with a bonus as well as a paycheck, plus some new clothes (uniform, I guess...haven't actually checked yet...she's on her days off).

So...here are pictures from both of my detective wannabes.

Simon...the first two are from the first time...the third one is the first day of the second time (different Simons for both tries)...

GTW-040615-SimonCopper-A.png
GTW-040615-SimonCopper-A.png (90.84 KiB) Viewed 797 times

GTW-040615-SimonCopper-B.png
GTW-040615-SimonCopper-B.png (114.34 KiB) Viewed 797 times

GTW-040615-SimonCopper-C.png
GTW-040615-SimonCopper-C.png (98.82 KiB) Viewed 797 times

Beverly...much better...

GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-A.png
GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-A.png (93.42 KiB) Viewed 797 times

GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-B.png
GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-B.png (166.14 KiB) Viewed 797 times

GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-C.png
GTW-040615-BeverlyDai-C.png (117.03 KiB) Viewed 797 times

I haven't tried Bev with the new police station yet, but since I tried Simon with the regular one when the above pictures were taken, I think the problem was probably due to the fact that I didn't have enough developed places and added Sims in the first two worlds.

Here are shots of Bev booking a criminal during training...

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-D.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-D.png (659.91 KiB) Viewed 796 times

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-E.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-E.png (723.62 KiB) Viewed 796 times

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-F.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-F.png (730.05 KiB) Viewed 796 times

Here she is investigating the case, later on...

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-G.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-G.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 796 times

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-H.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-H.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 796 times

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-I.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-I.png (876.75 KiB) Viewed 796 times

I'm going back in, now, to change out the police stations, and I'll have more pictures of different things, shortly.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Beverly Dai--Policewoman

Postby lindawing » April 7th, 2015, 12:53 am

OK! I have changed out the police stations and made a couple of pathing changes to the new place, but it seems to be running just fine.

Before I changed it out, I made sure that Beverly had gotten her new case, because the only option she'd have on a new crime board is to create a new scenario, and she'd need to be able to obtain her new case from the brand new board. I did learn that last night. :uhhuh:

So...after doing that and saving my game, I used the "bb.enablefreebuild" cheat once again, then brought in my copy from last night (I did copy the existing one from a new world, to my library, by the way, so I have that there for future reference if necessary).

Once the import was done, the new story began. Obviously there was a disaster drill of some type, and everyone was required to wait out on the front sidewalk until the all-clear whistle was blown.

GTW-040615-PSFireDrill-A.png
GTW-040615-PSFireDrill-A.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-PSFireDrill-B.png
GTW-040615-PSFireDrill-B.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 795 times

After a few seconds, everyone drifted back into the building, going right to their expected places, pretty much. I think maybe I need to have a special door on the chief's office and maybe on the detectives' office, though it really doesn't matter, in that any staff member can use any computer throughout the building. Every staff member is identified if you hover over the Sim, so you can always locate the receptionist, assistant(s), chief, detectives, officers, crime lab head, and criminals.

During that same work day, the criminals also went back into the building (how responsible of them!). They didn't immediately go to the cell blocks, but finally they did all go to the second floor. I think if I had taken off the security door and the cell door to each cell block, they would have gone to their beds, or at least within the confines of the cells. As it was, they hung around chatting to all the police on the second floor, until Bev finished her shift and went home. She just stuck around the police station all day, taking reports from the civilians who entered the station, and trying to search the suspects. She couldn't actually do that, because in order to do so, she would have had to let them out of their cells and take them to the booking station. Since they weren't IN their cells, that didn't work, that day. At any rate, she still had a good report that night.

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-J.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-J.png (103.2 KiB) Viewed 795 times

During the night, obviously someone with keys came along, and put them all back into their cells, because when she went to the work the next day, there they were--just as they should have been. That's when I took this picture--two criminals were crying, and hiding under their covers, on their beds. :lol:

GTW-040615-PSCriminalsEmbarrassed.png
GTW-040615-PSCriminalsEmbarrassed.png (950.48 KiB) Viewed 795 times

Here are pictures off the new police station. I think I will make at least a couple more changes before I upload it, and will continue to test it for a while, but I thought you might like to see how it looks, basically.

GTW-040615-NewStation-01.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-01.png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-02.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-02.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-03.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-03.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-04.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-04.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-05.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-05.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-06.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-06.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewStation-07.png
GTW-040615-NewStation-07.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 795 times

On her next work day (which is when the above pictures were taken), Beverly did go to the crime board to start her new case (she already had her assignment, and it worked perfectly), then she went out to the crime scene (once again, the motel, which is one of the three community lots in that world right now) and began to investigate.

GTW-040615-NewCase-01.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-01.png (851.3 KiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewCase-02.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-02.png (775.99 KiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewCase-03.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-03.png (978.71 KiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewCase-04.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-04.png (974.43 KiB) Viewed 795 times

Back at the station, she used the crime lab equipment, then added her clues to the crime board.

GTW-040615-NewCase-05.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-05.png (811.16 KiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-NewCase-06.png
GTW-040615-NewCase-06.png (820.19 KiB) Viewed 795 times

Then she spent a little time deducing things, and by the time she went home, there were two notes in her notebook.

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-K.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-K.png (111.02 KiB) Viewed 795 times

GTW-040615-BeveryDai-L.png
GTW-040615-BeveryDai-L.png (152.01 KiB) Viewed 795 times

So...the new station is working well, except for I MIGHT need to put in something special to make the chief use her desk...not sure about that, but as I said...it really doesn't matter. She can be located wherever she is in the building, when Beverly has instructions to go and talk to her. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 7th, 2015, 2:14 am

Looks like a lot of fun!! :uhhuh: :yeah:

I like how they give the clues for who the criminal is. It's like one of the "Criminal Case" games that I used to play on face book. I really liked playing the detective career in Sims 3. That was always a lot of fun, so I am sure to like this as well!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 7th, 2015, 3:34 am

It is, and I did have to make a choice for those last two. The older man did have black hair, and he did have a long-sleeved shirt, but it was rolled up at the elbows, which was what finally made me make the choice I made. It was fun to try to outguess the game on that one, though. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 7th, 2015, 7:53 am

Well, I haven't been able to get the booking to work correctly in the rebuilt police station. I can't see anything that would be stopping it from happening, but...

So I saved Beverly and took her into a new world with the old station intact, and got her to search a suspect already in custody and that worked. So I had her go out on a case (she's a corporal now) and try to arrest the suspect (it's the same clues I had for the one I was working on before she moved), but I kept getting "unlawful arrests." Then she lost her job. :-(

I didn't save. I'll try again tomorrow. I may have to try for more clues or something. I only have four, and from what I've read, that's often not enough.

I'm too tired to try again tonight.

I'll get this all figured out. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 7th, 2015, 2:54 pm

:ohno: I'm sure you will figure it out and get it to work!! :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 7th, 2015, 8:02 pm

I'm stubborn that way. I guess we all are, to deal with EA's foibles. Right? :evillaugh: :rotfl:

I mean, they obviously KNEW we'd want to build new police stations, etc., yet they turn around and make it so you have to jump through the hoops. OK...so we've already started jumping through the hoops. Yet obviously there are some HIDDEN hoops we haven't found yet. That's what's more frustrating to me than anything. All but one thing work by just using the cheats. The one thing is an elementary issue! The item is there. It places without a problem. But there must be a contingency somewhere that I haven't yet found. I've been researching, but everyone's in the same boat so far, and you have to have found someone who found the answer. Ridiculous, EA!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 7th, 2015, 10:12 pm

I guess, even though they give us the "cheat code" to do it, they also advise against it because it can mess up your game. :uhhuh: I will want to try it as well, because I would love to recreate my police station/jail house as well as firestation (I don't remember - did they give us firestations in this new ep with firemen?); anyway - definitely will want to do my own as well!! :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 8th, 2015, 1:21 am

No firemen yet. I suspect if these first three careers go fairly well (and there are definitely glitches...I've been checking some things out today), then they'll begin to shift some of the others, and add in the fire station.

The stuff that doesn't work in the changed-out stations don't really seem to affect the careers themselves, because we get lots of stuff to do, and not everything has to be done. At least it seems that way, so far, to me, and also from what I've been reading today.

There is a glitch with the hospital, from what I've seen, that may cause pregnant Sims to not be admitted to the hospital, as the doctor and nurse hang around by the entrance and don't actually take over. That seems to have been few and far between, but it HAS happened to at least several people that I saw (vanilla games or mods...either one the same).

Also, the science center area is so graphics-intense, evidently, that some people have had to turn down their graphics rules in order to make the area load correctly! Others have mentioned that they think it only happens for people who have CC. So I'm not sure about that. I didn't see any vanilla comments on that one. :uhuh:

As for the police station, other people have had one or more of the items glitch, and not always the same one. It seems to be random.

As for other glitchy things...it seems like your genealogy problems may not have had anything to do with your having removed the ghosts. I can't remember the date you did that, vs. the date of the patch. If you did do it before the patch, it WOULD be related, because the same problems HAVE been happening to other people (exactly what you've had happen--if the ancestor was there, it was greyed out or blank, with no names, etc., + the urns and/or tombstones no longer contained the remains, evidently--just no trace of the ancestors left).

What evidently happened, is that a household management cull happened, at the time of the patch. Probably why I haven't seen anything like that, is because I only had the 3 generations so far, at that point, and nobody had died. When Larissa passed on, her picture is there, with her info, as well.

Either way, since you basically did a cull yourself, whether it happened before or after the patch, that would definitely be the culprit, I think. It definitely should NOT have happened, and EA IS promising to not have that happen in the future (though, of course, until they FIX it with a patch--sigh--it WILL still happen in that same sort of circumstance). :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 8th, 2015, 2:45 am

I was wondering if it was because of the patch. Glitches like that seem to come along with patches... just like in Sims 3. :doh: :evillaugh: They may fix one thing, but they generally break another. :uhhuh: It's really sad, though, for those of us that have built on our generations and each generation accomplishing different goals. :uhuh: A lot of time and effort went into those generations. I know there are glitches with the ep - I'm wondering if it (the ep) also added glitches to other areas of the base game? I will know soon enough, I guess. Even though I've not received a shipping notice YET! My order still shows delivery for tomorrow. In effect, I guess I'll get same day delivery since they've not shipped it yet! (sigh)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 8th, 2015, 5:52 am

I forgot to mention the other reason it didn't happen in my game! :doh: It's because it ONLY happened when the homes HAD been occupied by NPCs (or ghosts, which are one kind of NPD/Townie). Since none of my homes were occupied that way BEFORE, from what they said, the culling would NOT have affected my already-played Sims. It's when the game found townies/npcs/ghosts in otherwise-unoccupied homes in the world, anywhere, that the sweep in that part was done.

At least that's what I was understanding from what I read.

I think maybe it was a combination of things, and the timing of the patch, for you, unfortunately. :-( What is so very irksome, of course, is that they didn't warn anyone it was coming! They just pulled it in a sneaky way, not even trying to imagine what might happen to our generational games...even though they GAVE us the generations to play with. :ohno: :ohno: :rolleyes:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 8th, 2015, 2:05 pm

:doh: :rolleyes:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 9th, 2015, 12:27 am

It just dawned on me that most of the work for the hidden lots, once you know what you want to do and how big the lots are, can be done on ANY lot, then placed in the proper place while the Sim is visiting the lot, for the final tuning. I can be so dense sometimes!

Also, it could be done in rooms, if you want to make sure to save stuff on the existing lot and then change the whole building by just adding rooms after you move pertinent stuff out for safekeeping. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 9th, 2015, 12:46 am

I'm not sure I would even want to put in all the effort to build something nice if it's just going to be hidden.... :uhuh: That's too sad... :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 9th, 2015, 5:14 am

Well...you get to see it when you go there. Also, if you want to build one for DISPLAY, out in your regular world, there's nothing to stop you from doing that...except...sigh...you're really going to be upset about this. A few of the things that are required are not in the regular build/buy catalogs. They are debug (hidden) objects. It's not everything, so it's totally inconsistent. Then...the other thing...some of the objects (not the NECESSARY ONES...just some of the FUN and INTERESTING ones) are reward items. So I KNOW you're not going to like that at all, and I totally agree with you on that.

What were they thinking? I know...I know...they're EA...who knows what they are EVER thinking...sigh.

Regardless...I actually do like the EP, and I'm hoping against hope they'll at least correct some of the things that they need to. There's a lot of fun to be had with it, and I've played more in the last four days, than I have since way back in the beginning of it, and truthfully, a lot more than I ever really did in TS3.

I played SO much in TS2, but when I try to go back to it, now, I don't like it in the least, so...I'm pretty much stuck with TS4, but that's not really right, because I do like it, for the most part.

I feel like I should apologize about that, but...I don't know...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS4 Storytelling