The Writer

This is a public forum. Got a story about your TS4 Sims? Go for it! Publish it here, so we can all read it! Woot!

The Writer

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2015, 2:28 am

After a stop over at Carl's, I managed to come away with a lot of ideas. I really wasn't sure where to start, so decided to start at the bottom and work my way to the top. That put me in the W's - Writing. They are showing there are two ways to go in the writing career - Author Writing was given just the one choice ... thank goodness. I am no good when it comes to making choices - it's better not to have too many - or in this case, really, none.

Author Writing:

Well - he's not much to look at. Quite homely or maybe a better word for him is creepy.

Aurthor Writing.jpg
Aurthor Writing.jpg (90.34 KiB) Viewed 791 times

I've placed him in a home that is somewhat of a replica of a Courtyard "Studio" Apartment that my husband and I lived in when he was stationed in Long Beach; which I created a replica of for Sims 2 as well as Sims 3. I was a bit lazy on this one. I used some of those premade rooms, then re-did the walls to make it work well enough. The layout is pretty much the same, except Author's computer area was actually my little dressing area. It is necessarily larger and so I went with a larger bathroom as well. Anyway - I thought the Studio would be a better set-up for a Writer just starting out. They don't make a whole lot of money early on in their career. Like Painters and such - well "Starving Artists" and all.

Courtyard Studio.jpg
Courtyard Studio.jpg (324.35 KiB) Viewed 791 times

It doesn't look like much on the outside, and it isn't. But it will be a good starting point for this Writer just starting out.

CS Layout.jpg
CS Layout.jpg (360.88 KiB) Viewed 791 times

Living Area.jpg
Living Area.jpg (241.7 KiB) Viewed 791 times

Sleeping Area.jpg
Sleeping Area.jpg (260.03 KiB) Viewed 791 times

Writing Area.jpg
Writing Area.jpg (342.34 KiB) Viewed 791 times

Bathroom.jpg
Bathroom.jpg (339.28 KiB) Viewed 791 times

Kitchen Eating Area.jpg
Kitchen Eating Area.jpg (253.56 KiB) Viewed 791 times

He doesn't look to bright in this picture. It's like - "duh, where did my food go? It like jumped out of my hand and onto the table." Maybe he just isn't fully awake yet.

I was going to have him start practicing his writing skill, since that is what is expected of him in Level 1. Well, that and actually writing a Children's Book. However, he had to go to work. Wonder how that's going to go? Especially since he doesn't know the first thing about writing, yet. How he landed a job as a writing assistant, I'll never know. Hoping he actually learns something from the real writer he will be assisting. Tomorrow, then, I'll see if I can get him through level 1. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Writer

Postby lindawing » January 15th, 2015, 4:37 am

I love the writing career! My Simself is a writer, in our NS Project #1. It was so much fun seeing how it developed. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2015, 3:23 pm

I really wanted to do the Cooking career; but I love the cooking career and always tend to lean towards the cooking career; so I chose to do something different this time. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2015, 5:32 pm

(sigh)

Fire.jpg
Fire.jpg (247.86 KiB) Viewed 786 times

Safe Place.jpg
Safe Place.jpg (207.83 KiB) Viewed 786 times

Fire Spreads.jpg
Fire Spreads.jpg (307.49 KiB) Viewed 786 times

Well - I'm tired of this now. Typed in a few cheats, he's at level 5 and promoted to Blogger. He's been doing nothing but writing, working, sleeping, eating and no time for anything else - let alone meeting someone. He knows not one single other sim. Decided after the fire he needed a vacation, but he's arrived at a bad time and there's no one there but him.... I can't stand going round the clock like this ... I feel confined to just the one spot, where my sim is and in order to do anything or go anywhere, even to meet another sim - there's the clocking, even if something is right there, he walks over to it, but before he can knock on any door or enter - it goes to the clocking screen. (sigh) And of course I forgot that even though there are fire alarms, there's no firemen, fire trucks or fire department ... so it's left up to the sim to fend for himself and I forgot. He almost died because I'm sitting there waiting on the fire truck to respond to the fire alarm. I am not putting any fire alarms in the homes again - there's no reason to. Have to remember to do those sprinkler systems.... I forgot. (sigh) I'm heading back to Sims 3 until I recover. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 15th, 2015, 8:24 pm

I'm sorry, Melody! The pictures, at least, are hilarious! I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time in TS3! :ohno:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2015, 10:03 pm

:friends: I did for awhile. :uhhuh: I think I'm simmed out now. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 15th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I understand. It happens!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 16th, 2015, 2:27 am

Author Writing decided to explore Granite Falls Forest National Park. While there, he discovered a cave which he went through.

Exploring.jpg
Exploring.jpg (364.82 KiB) Viewed 778 times

On the other side, he discovered a beautiful glade. Happening upon a house surrounded with herbs and flowers, he met the Hermit Sim.

Meeting the Hermit.jpg
Meeting the Hermit.jpg (172.42 KiB) Viewed 778 times

They hit off and talked and talked, watched the clouds roll by, confessed secrets, discussed new ideas and became best of friends.

Taking Selfies.jpg
Taking Selfies.jpg (163.16 KiB) Viewed 778 times

I've left him there, where they ate lunch together and he also was allowed to take a nap on her bed. What new discoveries will tomorrow bring?
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 16th, 2015, 4:22 am

Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing, Melody! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 16th, 2015, 2:57 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » January 16th, 2015, 3:36 pm

Great pics, Melody! :joy:

I haven't played The Sims in a couple months. Haven't had the time or felt the urge. :ohno:

Have fun in TS3 and TS4! :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 16th, 2015, 4:01 pm

It has been difficult for me. I'm struggling to re-build my interest and enthusiasm for the game. I've actually been pretty well "simmed out" for some time now and trying to get back into the game. We'll see how it goes and if I can be successful. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 16th, 2015, 10:22 pm

With me, I enjoy it once I open it up and get into it. I have to admit, though, that it's not the first thing I choose--any of the three choices (2, 3, or 4).

I'm still really enjoying Minecraft, though even that palls after a while. Making videos, though, as renewed my interest in it. I plan to do some for TS4, also.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 16th, 2015, 11:47 pm

I actually spend a lot of time on quick games. Some of those on fb - my favorites being Monster Busters, Farm Heros Saga, Voyage to Fantasy and Criminal Case. They are quick - that is why I like them so much. Not so time consuming and involved, but a good respite when I take a break or need a rest. I get quite stressed out trying to play the sims because they are so very time consuming and at my age ... time goes by fast enough as it is.

That being said, I did spend much too much time in the game today with the Writer. I did finish it up in a hurry though, considering. I had to use the cheats in order not to be stuck never getting anywhere and just getting too bored and antsy with it.

So Author Writing maxed out his skills in writing, charisma, fishing and due to somewhere he needed to go - he had to also max out his skill in Handiness as well. That actually came in "handy" around his home, too. :yeah: :evillaugh:

Author noticed a strange tree out his window this morning and decided to check it out.

A Strange Tree.jpg
A Strange Tree.jpg (307.42 KiB) Viewed 769 times

He looked at it and looked at it. Then decided to water it and water it, then he talked to it, admiring it's branches and leaves. Next thing you know a door appears in the trunk of it. So he went exploring inside of it.

Entry to Sylvan Glade.jpg
Entry to Sylvan Glade.jpg (411.29 KiB) Viewed 769 times

It's a very beautiful place inside this tree.

Sylvan Glade.jpg
Sylvan Glade.jpg (392.49 KiB) Viewed 769 times

After arriving, he did a little fishing. Then got bored and went home.

Arriving in Sylvan Glade.jpg
Arriving in Sylvan Glade.jpg (312.23 KiB) Viewed 769 times

He noticed something on a map on his computer in Oasis Springs. So he decided to check that out.

A Cave Entrance.jpg
A Cave Entrance.jpg (122.06 KiB) Viewed 769 times

This is where his handiness skill came in. He did have to open up that entrance - ripping the boards off and all. :doh:

The Forgotten Grotto.jpg
The Forgotten Grotto.jpg (154.31 KiB) Viewed 769 times

Once he was there, he wished he hadn't wasted his time, though. It was dark inside this place and hard to really see anything at all. He did do a little digging.

Inside Fogotten Grotto.jpg
Inside Fogotten Grotto.jpg (158 KiB) Viewed 769 times

And more fishing. No wonder his skill in fishing is maxed out... after awhile, though - one gets a bit tired of fishing....

Fishing.jpg
Fishing.jpg (172.96 KiB) Viewed 769 times

So, he went home. He was missing his new friend a lot. Meanwhile he was writing book after book, of every kind. His writing skill got maxed out. He sold everything he wrote and was on the best sellers list. He got so many promotions for his work that he made it to the top of his career. He was missing his new friend.

He decided to take another vacation and go look for her - but got lost in the woods and so went home dejected and lonesome. He decided to give her a call and see if she could come see him. And she did! So we leave Author Writing visiting with his friend.

The end.
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 17th, 2015, 7:54 am

Sheesh! At least his pretty new friend came to visit him! :yeah:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS4 Storytelling