2016 Spring Challenges

This is a public forum. Got a story about your TS4 Sims? Go for it! Publish it here, so we can all read it! Woot!

2016 Spring Challenges

Postby lindawing » April 3rd, 2016, 6:24 am

With the newest update, EA planted two spring challenges in TS4: Easter Eggs to hunt, and the Growfruit Challenge. You can read about them HERE.

After Steph said she was starting to do the Growfruit Challenge, I thought I would try it, also, and add in the Easter Egg collecting, also.

Tonight I went into my Challengeville world and into Windenburg. I chose the Rustic Residence for the Sim that I took from the Unplayed Sims for the world.

At first I thought I might just use the house and Sim as they were, but...I couldn't do it. So I made over the house a litle more than a bit (sigh), and even went as far as giving the Sim I chose a new name, a bit more muscle, and definitely a little more masculinity! I didn't change his facial looks at all, because he was cute to begin with, but...well...not quite up to my Sims' standard for males. :rofl:

I also changed his attributes so that he fits both challenges better than he did before. He was evil, insane, and a criminal! Oh, my gosh! He was way too cute to be left like that1 :grin:

Here's Roberto Gamez (formerly Amir Jeffers) with his new clothing...

RobertoGamez-Clothing.png
RobertoGamez-Clothing.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 880 times

Here's how Rustic Residence looks now (I should have done some before pictures, but you can check that out in your own game if you like)...

RusticResidence-01.png
RusticResidence-01.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 880 times

RusticResidence-02.png
RusticResidence-02.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 880 times

RusticResidence-03.png
RusticResidence-03.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 880 times

RusticResidence-04.png
RusticResidence-04.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 880 times

One of the things I did was move the lot over to the left, so that the little dirt path leading from the front door out to the road worked better, and so that the mailbox (and I chose a new one) was in a more likely place. I made the fence to make sure neighbors (and probably animals, in the future) wouldn't be disturbing his gardens. :yeah:

I did go ahead and uploat Roberto to the Gallery. He can be found with my ID: lindawing.

I may or may not upload his house, but if I do, it will be after he has completed his challenges.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2016 Spring Challenges

Postby Rheassi-Sim » April 3rd, 2016, 5:47 pm

The house make over looks lovely. Great job with his make over also! Can't wait to see more of this challenge story.
Rheassi-Sim
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » April 3rd, 2016, 7:06 pm

Thanks, Steph. I hope to get started on it today.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 3rd, 2016, 8:53 pm

The house looks good! I just can't seem to find the time to do those challenges. I did the egg one last year and my Sim did get the prize for collecting them all - a big old bunny. However, it isn't something that is available to my other sims - so in moving on, all the pretty eggs as well as the prize are gone. Maybe they've changed that this year. It does seem a shame to waste all that time and then not be able to keep the prize and use it throughout my game. :uhhuh: It was fun, though - finding all the different types of eggs. Loved those decorated eggs!! :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 3rd, 2016, 9:54 pm

I gave in and got the rewards unlocker, which makes everything available to everyone, since I rarely play enough for even one of my Sims to get much of the stuff! I know we shouldn't have to, but I'm thankful for modders who help overcome EA's insufficiencies. :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 4th, 2016, 12:22 am

:uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 4th, 2016, 12:41 am

I've been playing for a bit. I realized I hadn't finished changing the interior of the house...quite. I had meant to put in a desk and computer, then I discovered that there was no kitchen sink. Sheesh! Who leaves out the kitchen sink, even for a starter? If I had been making it, I would have just made the second bedroom into a junk room or something, and not paid for a bed in there, so that I could have placed the kitchen sink! *shaking head at EA's "designers'" vagiaries*

Then I realized that Roberto already had a JOB in the criminal career (not just that he had that personality before), so I quickly had him quit that job. That should be interesting, because I also discovered that he is quite good friends with about six of my other Challengeville participants, who already know him by his old name and personality. I wonder what they will think of the new man?! :rotfl:

After quitting his job, he bought a couple of planters and some starter seed packets and began his new self-employment. So far he has put in carrots, spinach, and two herbs, as well as his first plantain tree and apple tree.

After that, I realized that somewhere along the line, my graphics settings got slightly messed up, so I made the change I wanted to make, but that takes a restart to put it into effect, so I have just quit.

Now I'm realizing that I need to get the video edited that I have to post later tonight, so...I'll restart TS4 either later tonight or tomorrow, and try to get the special seed for Roberto, from Jasmine Holiday.

I'd call that an educational afternoon, with all that realizing, wouldn't you? :lol: :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 4th, 2016, 7:01 am

Roberto hasn't found out about the growfruit thing yet, but as he's begun gardening and collecting plants just because he likes to, he has discovered some special Easter Eggs. He started with just one, but after he visited a local park (where he also joined the Garden Gnomes Club--I forgot to get pictures, but he MAY have a romantic interest, now--the cute redheaded director of that club), he came home with three more eggs!

SpringChallenges-040416-01.png
SpringChallenges-040416-01.png (531.02 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-02.png
SpringChallenges-040416-02.png (561.9 KiB) Viewed 868 times

Then he began to garden and garden and garden, with a short break for grilled cheese sandwiches at one point. Even though there wasn't much to do with his first few plants, he kept going out to check on them. He finally did get to harvest everything once around, except for the plantain, which finally grew to a tree after everything else was already thriving.

SpringChallenges-040416-03.png
SpringChallenges-040416-03.png (859.87 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-04.png
SpringChallenges-040416-04.png (831.6 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-05.png
SpringChallenges-040416-05.png (600.82 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-06.png
SpringChallenges-040416-06.png (914.88 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-07.png
SpringChallenges-040416-07.png (900.99 KiB) Viewed 868 times

SpringChallenges-040416-08.png
SpringChallenges-040416-08.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 868 times

Roberto pretty much went day and night, day and night for several days, until that harvest. Once that first lot was in his inventory, he finally decided to get some much-needed sleep, and that's where I left him.

SpringChallenges-040416-09.png
SpringChallenges-040416-09.png (945.65 KiB) Viewed 868 times

- - - - - - - - - -

I would have played a bit longer, but I'm having a hard time sitting still tonight. Unfortunately, if I'm having a hard time like that, it's usually worse when I'm playing TS4, because it just doesn't keep my attention nearly as well as its predecessors, which I find quite sad. :-(

I will get back to Roberto tomorrow, though. I'm determined to see these challenges through. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » April 4th, 2016, 4:21 pm

I am glad you are enjoying the challenge, I completely understand about sims 4 not grabbing the attention quite so much as the others, which is a shame because actually I love the chunky graphics and most of the building tools we get :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 5th, 2016, 1:39 am

I agree! I still enjoy the building part, but I used to get "caught" by the Sims at least every once in a while. It's not that they aren't interesting, but it seems to me that most of the stuff they do is just more tedious, plus there's the clocking. I think that's probably the worst mistake they made.

Also, I suppose mainly we are just Simmed out after all these years. I know some people (with whom I play Minecraft) who have just started with the Sims with TS4, and they really love it.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 5th, 2016, 2:02 am

I think TS4 was originally to be geared more towards the youngsters. My 8 year old grandson loves it! It's so easy to create homes and then he finds what EA has added in patches (I think with the intent to gear it more to adults - but they've failed miserably) - anyway, it's hilarious to the youngsters. I find it disgusting and I'm pretty sure, because of it I won't be letting him play TS4 anymore. Can EA get anymore vulgar and disgusting? Probably - but I sure am sick of them and their sick minds!! I had no idea they had added some plants, that when you either place them in your garden, or see them in other areas you travel to - if you click on them, you can't harvest them - but you can either "fertilize" or "nap" and I guess if you're with someone "woohoo". But if you choose to "fertilize" they unzip their pants and pee on them. So disgustingly vulgar stuff they've come up with to add to the game through the patches!! Just found this out because my grandson was placing plants around the house he created and when he was sending his sim out to take a swim, accidentally clicked one of the plants and well - you guessed it (a child sim, mind you) - he chose to "fertilize" the plant and the child peed on it!! The adults do the same thing. How horrid!! I've heard there's lots of disgusting things they've added through patches, that I did not know they were doing. EA is sick!! I won't be allowing my grandson to play TS4 again. In fact, I am removing it from my computer completely. I hate that he was exposed to such disgusting stuff in the first place. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 5th, 2016, 3:36 am

I just saw your other post, and answered there, but will add basically the same answer here.

At this point I don't plan to uninstall, but I'm on the edge. I don't care for either one of the new options (you hadn't yet seen the option for the Sim to change to Nude at the dresser) being in the game that my grandkids have played on my computer. While it's true that even in TS2, the Sims could woohoo in public, and they could in TS3, but not in as many places--mostly because there are no vehicles in which to do so...sigh, the new additions are just ridiculous.

My grandkids, even Ethan, at this point, really have no desire to play the game, though they do watch me play occasionally. Since I won't be using any of the options in question, that's not a problem. So...for right now I'm still staying with it, but if they add any other stuff like that, I'll be doing the same.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 5th, 2016, 3:52 am

Well, Roberto has made a little progress on his gardening skills (he leveled up to 2). He has also made a tiny bit of progress toward romance with Moyra, the leader of the gardening club.

In an effort to find the Holiday lady, he went to two other outdoor locations in Windenburg. He and Moyra went to the ruins, but found nothing of interest there except...ummm...ruins, and a large ready-to-light campfire. They did light that, and decided to dance there for a little while, by the light of the flames.

Then they went to the wilderness-type swimming area. While Moyra chose to mostly swim, Roberto went around and around and around, viewing all of the special plants in the area (and finding some that smelled pretty nasty--sigh). He wasn't amused.

He was able to harvest a few mushrooms (of which he already had a good supply from other areas), but none of the other plants ever made it to the harvesting point for him.

At one point, he took a break from looking at plants, to try to impress Moyra from the diving steps. He chose to do a (perfect) backflip, but the result was quite disappointing. She never even turned to look at him from the time he stood up there exhibiting his muscles, to the time entered the water flawlessly! Poor Roberto!

So he began his circuit again, and found a few more things to look at. He even rummaged through the park's trash can to see if he could find anything interesting (he didn't).

Finally, he called the club members, and some of them came to join him and Moyra. They found a spot to build a campfire there, and enjoyed "the dunes" a bit, in the early night, but they couldn't even find a good place to look for frogs, which is one of their chosen club activities.

Deciding that he could have more gardening fun at home, Roberto stopped and bought a couple more planting boxes, then began to plant some stuff in those. Then he added some flowers at the edge of his house, over by the kitchen door. After watering, harvesting a small amount of vegies, and helping his original plants to evolve, he went inside.

He discovered that at some point during his full day, he had found another egg, and a pretty red crystal. He called the Geo-Council about that, and after partaking of the aura (of what, I wonder) for a bit, he finally sent the sample off to said Geo-Council. Then he put the egg on the coffee table with two of the previous ones, and proceeded to watch the cooking channel again (his choice), which leveled up his cooking skill to 2, also.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Attachments
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-01.png
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-01.png (1005.49 KiB) Viewed 832 times
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-02.png
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-02.png (930.17 KiB) Viewed 832 times
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-03.png
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-03.png (928.87 KiB) Viewed 832 times
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-04.png
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-04.png (1.01 MiB) Viewed 832 times
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-05.png
SpringChallenges-040416-PM-05.png (824.86 KiB) Viewed 832 times