Need help with my game

In this public forum, please feel free to post an of the things you have learned about the mechanics of TS4, that you think others would like to know, too.

Need help with my game

Postby PierreAndre » April 14th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Hello to all of my nsc bfff and simming family i had to restart a fresh new game because when i sent my sim to the hospital to give birth my game crash i have no mods in my game the only cc i have are custom clothes for my sims any help on avoiding another game crash will be welcome thank you
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Need help with my game

Postby lindawing » April 14th, 2015, 9:19 pm

Don't put in any custom content...

Sorry...but that was probably your problem.

If you just have to do it, then take it all out and run the game first, to make sure everything is OK. Then BACKUP your saved game. Then add one clothing item and run it again for a while. BACKUP. Add another. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If/when you get a crash. Take out the last piece of CC you added in, and test again. Do that with every piece of CC, only keeping the pieces that don't cause a crash.

In your instance, you'd want to test taking a Sim to the hospital with that CC clothing each time. If it isn't something that would impact a Sim going to the hospital to give birth, then you can probably not worry about having to test that particular item, at least for the present. Up to you.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » April 14th, 2015, 9:32 pm

lindawing wrote:Don't put in any custom content...

Sorry...but that was probably your problem.

If you just have to do it, then take it all out and run the game first, to make sure everything is OK. Then BACKUP your saved game. Then add one clothing item and run it again for a while. BACKUP. Add another. Lather, rinse, repeat.

If/when you get a crash. Take out the last piece of CC you added in, and test again. Do that with every piece of CC, only keeping the pieces that don't cause a crash.

In your instance, you'd want to test taking a Sim to the hospital with that CC clothing each time. If it isn't something that would impact a Sim going to the hospital to give birth, then you can probably not worry about having to test that particular item, at least for the present. Up to you.

thank you linda my bfff i have run game repair and i have turn off origin so far no game crash yet :friends:
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » April 14th, 2015, 11:44 pm

You mean you turned off Origin online...right? If you just clicked the X in the top right corner, you didn't actually turn Origin off. It's still running in the background. It won't allow you to turn it off while TS4 is running...sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » April 15th, 2015, 1:37 am

lindawing wrote:You mean you turned off Origin online...right? If you just clicked the X in the top right corner, you didn't actually turn Origin off. It's still running in the background. It won't allow you to turn it off while TS4 is running...sigh.

i quit my game to turn off origin then reloaded my game Linda my bfff :friends:
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » April 15th, 2015, 3:40 am

OK. You should have Origin set so that every time you shut down TS4, Origin turns itself off. That might be one reason you had a problem with that crash. Origin recently had an update, also, so it may just have not been able to properly coordinate everything without a restart. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS4 Tutorial, Tips, Tricks, & Help