Workarounds for December TS4 Update Problems

In this public forum, please feel free to post an of the things you have learned about the mechanics of TS4, that you think others would like to know, too.

Workarounds for December TS4 Update Problems

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2014, 12:29 am

There are several things that seem to be happening since the December Update:

(1) All births seem to be multiple;
(2) Visitors arrive in lots, who can't be sent home, who act like household members, yet can't be controlled;
(3) Saved games have gotten corrupted.

Hopefully all of you had your game files backed up before installing the update, or #3 could be disastrous. If you didn't have them backed up, but haven't yet had a game corruption happen, back them up NOW! Today I had my Builder world go bad. I should have tried to go to one of the .ver files, but I forgot about that. Thankfully, though, I had backed up my files before installing the update. I checked first, to see if my Library was intact, and it was, with my Contemporary Christmas lot there, and my Nicholson family with their saved Christmas party clothing. So I just went back to my Builder world from my save (emptied the Saves folder and pasted in my saves from December 11). Then I went to my Library and changed out the exiting lot and family for the Christmas versions of the lot and family.

The solution for problems that could still ensue, for me, will be to back up that Saves folder every time I exit the game!

As for the multiple births, even though I had one in the Nicholson family, they already had two sets of twins (from CaS), so I felt the new twins were appropriate. Not everyone is feeling that way. Patty has solved the problem by deleting the ones she doesn't want, from CaS (using the cas.fulleditmode cheat).

The unwanted visitors are happening because the update caused residential lots to not be tagged as such in the info panel. I don't know if it's happening to EVERY residential lot, but it may be. You should check each one as you play it, from now until this is fixed, at least. So visitors don't know that they're not entering a community lot!

To fix the problem, evict the family, who will go to the Household Management panel (don't worry--they don't lose their relationships or anything). Then go into build mode for the lot, go to the info panel, and change the lot type (which will show a blue square and no type) to Residential. Then SAVE! Go back out to the world view, and replace your family, and SAVE! Done.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Workarounds for December Update Problems

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2014, 1:15 am

Also, I don't know if this was happening before or not, but with EVERY Sim (even already-family members) there is a choice to Add Member to Family. I'd think you want to stay away from clicking that, if the Sim is already a family member. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 23rd, 2014, 2:55 am

I know my created homes are tagged as Residential in build mode (under the lot info panel). It's great to know this should be checked and I will also check the existing homes as well. My Jordon Run Estates, all the homes I made for it are thankfully tagged as Residential. (I've not had this problem yet because I've not been in the game long enough, however, I want to prevent ever having this problem ... :evillaugh: )
Thanks!! :friends:

I am desperately hoping for that multiple birth!! I need a set of fraternal twins. Of course I probably won't get that, but who knows! Hoping this is one glitch I did get!! :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2014, 11:18 am

Unfortunately, the problem with the game not showing the correct lot tag is a glitch since the update. All previously-uploaded lots have tags on them. They can't be uploaded without being the type you made. But something was changed in that process, somewhere, and so some of the lots, when placed NOW, are not being read as anything...just a blank type. So before you add a Sim, check to make sure it's what you want it to be.

I went into another world and checked some of the lots that were already set in there, and didn't find anything wrong. It evidently only happens when you take a lot from the gallery or your library, and add it to a world. Those are the ones that will have the danger of having lost their tags.

As long as we get into the habit of checking the tag first, before using it to play any Sims, there shouldn't be any other problems. If the blank blue square comes up, just change it to what it SHOULD be, and save. Then go back in and add the Sims. All will be well.

I got fraternal twins this last time--one little girl and one little boy--so cute! She also had the choice of just "have baby" or "go to the hospital to have baby." I let her stay home, and she went upstairs to the already-prepared nursery, and had both babies in a very calm manner. Woot!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 23rd, 2014, 3:27 pm

That's good to know, then. It also is not a bad idea to do, even if there weren't the glitch and makes it easier to fix prior to actually playing. :uhhuh:

This gives me hope that I could have fraternal twins!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2014, 5:02 pm

Hoping you do, too. You should have plenty of time to experiment, since it will at least be several weeks before EA does anything about the "problem." :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Workarounds for December TS4 Update Problems

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 6th, 2015, 11:07 am

I think as soon as I get chance to get back into it, hopefully next week or the week after, because by then, the endless appointments for my grandparents will be done, at least for now. I may just start again, I literally had about 2-3 weeks play, mostly building when I made a start back in September, but have had no time since, so might be better to make a total fresh start.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Good idea, Lisa! I'm hoping you get the time to really enjoy things for at least a while!!! :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 7th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Thanks Linda! My grandma's last treatment is today and her last appointment for a while is Friday, however now granddad is back in hospital because he couldn't get back into bed, he slides to the floor after sitting on the bed, I really don't know when all this is going to end! He really is going to have to realise he can't keep living where he is!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 7th, 2015, 10:38 pm

Is there some type of assisted living setup where they could go, too, like Carrie's parents probably will? I'll be praying for you all to be able to get through to your granddad about that!!! HUGS!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 21st, 2015, 5:53 am

Thanks Linda! I've made a post in the grandad area :uhhuh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 21st, 2015, 6:13 am

Just read it and commented. HUGS!