Seasons

The Sims 4 has arrived. In this public forum, we can discuss the game. Please don't post links to your Gallery Sims, Lots, and Rooms here. There are separate forums for those. Thank you.

Re: Seasons

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 10th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I am so glad Judi is happy at the church, I think our lives have all changed so much in the last few years, I do long for a time when I'll get lost in the game for hours on end and I do hope that happens for you too Melody, sometimes something so simple can trigger it, the right challenge or seeing a house you'd love to build.
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 10th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Yes, amen!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 10th, 2018, 7:45 pm

ukpoppyberry wrote:I am so glad Judi is happy at the church, I think our lives have all changed so much in the last few years, I do long for a time when I'll get lost in the game for hours on end and I do hope that happens for you too Melody, sometimes something so simple can trigger it, the right challenge or seeing a house you'd love to build.

Me, too, Lisa! I really could use that right now. I wish I had not started this installing the Sims 3 on Terry's computer. I don't know if that has triggered my "grief" into overdrive, or what. I chose not to install seasons or pets on it either, but I did install Showtime - and unfortunately that triggered Origin. Now Origin messes everything up, because it wants all the eps, etc. on there. I've told it no. But now I have to go through Origin to play. So that defeats the whole purpose of having it on both computers. (sigh) :uhuh: Oh, well. Guess I can uninstall. At least it kept me busy for a few days. May leave it on, though, because it is a different sign-in, so both grandsons could essentially be playing the same game at the same time when they are here. :uhhuh:

Back to Sims 4. I will keep trying. I do love how Winter looks. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 10th, 2018, 11:54 pm

I just thought of something that you might be interested in. It's something I've actually thought about doing.I have no idea if you like reading to people, but I have always enjoyed reading to children. If you do, you might ask at your local library, or perhaps a preschool in the area, to see if there might be somewhere where you could do something like that, perhaps once or twice a week.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 11th, 2018, 12:10 am

Thank you for the suggestion, but no. I used to love to read, (and still do) but silently. :uhhuh: It's a great idea though. In an ideal world where there was a library somewhere near me. There's one in Waxahachie, but it isn't that easy to get to. There are no preschools in the area that I know of. We will be starting up our Widow's group at church in January and may expand on that to include grief care. I also plan on going with a lady from church who wants to attend a Grief Share group. She does not want to go alone and that also starts up in January. So I'm going to be pretty busy with our Pew Sister's Bible study on Tuesdays (every other); Grief Share on Wednesdays (every Wednesday) and our Widow's Group on Thursdays (not sure how often we will set this group to meet). Also, we hope to do a Spring "Shut-in" dinner similar to our Thanksgiving dinner we did. There will be planning and preparing involved to get that set-up. I'm not sure I will have the energy or time to take anything else on. :hug-group-2by:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2018, 3:24 am

Those are all good things. Wonderful! You will be a blessing to other ladies to help them through. That's such a great thing. HUGS!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 11th, 2018, 9:35 am

If you do ever get around to reading, you could try the No.1 Ladies detective agency series of books, there are about 15 or so of them now. I recommended to Linda a few years ago and I know she did read at least one of them. They are fun gentle reads, non of the mysteries are scary, just very pleasant reads. Here's a small paragraph from one book.

"How fortunate, also, she reflected, tasting the stew that was thickening nicely, to be a traditionally built lady, at ease in one’s own skin, free to enjoy home-made biscuits with Mma Makutsi or some of the persuasive fruitcake of the indomitable Matron of the Orphan Farm, Mma Potokwani. Tea went so well with all of these foods and gave one time to think,
it really did, particularly when the tea in question was Redbush."
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 11th, 2018, 1:48 pm

I do love a good mystery! That is mainly what I do read. I generally don't care for the "romance" type novels. I enjoy mysteries very much! Although, right now I am about to finish "The Song of Acadia" series. I have truly enjoyed these books (I download them to my nook). This series may be the first I have read that is Christian in nature and I have just loved it. It is about two friends, one French and the other British in a time when they were at war. The two friends married at the same time and both had their babies at the same time. The French baby was sickly and needed a doctor's care but could not get it. so the friends switched babies temporarily so the British lady could take her French friend's baby to the doctor as her own and it would get the care it needed. Before they returned, the British drove the French out of their homes in Nova Scotia and well, the switched babies stayed switched. The British child was raised "French" in Louisiana (where they ended up) and the French child was raised "British" in their Nova Scotia homeland. The story picks up after the children have grown and they find each other!! I spend time reading each morning with my coffee when I get up. I got into this habit when we moved here and Terry started "sleeping in"; so I would have several hours in the mornings that I needed something to do until he got up. I continue this habit, even though he is no longer here and essentially, I am alone 24/7. But, I don't read 24/7 (lol). I just read for a couple of hours first thing each morning with my coffee. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2018, 5:54 pm

I read every one of those mysteries, Lisa...they are wonderful! :joy: My favorite author for the last few years is Dani Pettrey. She writes Christian mysteries/suspense...very well written, totally clean, and gripping.

https://www.danipettrey.com/about/

Melody...that series sounds really good!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 11th, 2018, 7:05 pm

That sounds good, too!

I've read Tea Room Mysteries, Book Store Mysteries, The Blue Hill Library Mysteries, Patch Work Mysteries and really enjoyed The Pot Luck Club Mysteries. A lot of reading, a lot of mystery sets and I am always sad when the series ends. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 11th, 2018, 11:14 pm

Agreed! My mom and sister used to read a series that had cats in them (also mysteries). A long time back, I devoured every Louis Lamour book I could find. I was really sad when he passed away.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 11th, 2018, 11:45 pm

I saw on Facebook that we may have snow Thursday into Friday. Doubt it, but that would be nice, except I wouldn't be able to go to the grave for our 50th Wedding anniversary, I have some Christmas greenery that I thought I would add to the flowers on the grave. Brighten it up a bit. I'll be in the area tomorrow morning to get my hair done, I may stop by and do that tomorrow, just in case I can't get out on Friday. It would also mean my daughter and family won't be able to come by Friday evening. They planned to bring me dinner and hang out a bit with me since they know It'll be a hard day for me. Maybe a little snow would be just the ticket to cheer me and brighten my day. Anyway - it also might be a good day to go into the game and enjoy a little snow there as well!! :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 12th, 2018, 3:56 am

Asking for the Lord to help with timing for everything, and if you get snow, that you all would be able to enjoy it, in Jesus' name. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 12th, 2018, 1:59 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS4 Discussions