Seasons

The Sims 4 has arrived. In this public forum, we can discuss the game. Please don't post links to your Gallery Sims, Lots, and Rooms here. There are separate forums for those. Thank you.

Seasons

Postby MelodyOkie » December 5th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Has anyone actually played the game since Seasons came out and what do you think about it?

I went into the game for the first time in, well a very long time - since I don't know when and just now saw you have to choose a season to play in. Does this mean that is the only season that will be on until you exit the game and choose a different season? That the game does not rotate the seasons itself, you do it manually?

Of course I started with winter! It is very pretty!!

Winter in 4.jpg
Winter in 4.jpg (251.7 KiB) Viewed 38 times

Just a note. I also found it really nice that the game automatically places warm winter clothes on your sims when they head outside. I did not have to take them back into whatever it's called and get them some winter clothes - the clothing was automatic (even though the seasons are not - big smile here). :friends:

Sorry, I had originally intended on posting this in our area on FB, however, in the evenings, I can't get FB to work for me - it is slow, slower than molasses that was kept in the fridge … lol!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Seasons

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2018, 1:35 am

It's fine to post here. :uhhuh: I'll see it here faster than FB, also, since I am not a huge FB fan. ;-)

Seasons...yes...I love it! You just pick your beginning season, and they will rotate. There are other ways to confine a world to a single season, though off-hand I'm drawing a blank.

I like the game-chosen winter clothes, too, in case you haven't chosen any previously.

The only thing that I have found, so far, that I think is a little overdone, is that when building during a storm, things don't brighten up in build mode very much at all, making building a bit more difficult during those times, than necessary.

Other than that, I really like the pack. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2018, 1:42 am

Carl's...about Seasons...good info, as always...

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expan ... s/seasons/
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 6th, 2018, 4:10 pm

Thank you LInda!! The language was a little misleading in the game where it asks what season do you want to play in. That is what made me think that once you choose the season you want to play in, then the seasons don't change on their own and you have to change the season yourself if you chose to play in a different season. Sims 4 still seems to have complicated some of the aspects of the game like saves, for me. But then, I haven't gotten used to it because I don't go into the game enough to become comfortable with it.

It is good to know that the seasons will rotate. Winter sure is pretty in the game. I will have to check out the other seasons when I am up to another trip into Sims 4.

I love Carls Sims guides. I have used that site to guide me through all of my Sims games. I found it to be the most informative and easiest to follow out of all the informational sites for the Sims. I'll have to spend some time there when I am able and maybe it will even inspire me to play again in the new year. :uhhuh:

It is good to hear from you and praying all is well with you and your loved ones!!

Did you get the new Celebrity ep?
:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2018, 7:55 pm

I agree about the confusing language...typical EA. ;-) I've finally gotten used to the saves, which probably means it's about time for them to confuse the process once again. :grin:

I was realizing, when I saw your photo, that I haven't yet seen snow in the game! The hilly lot I started is almost to that stage, and so is the connected farm lot, but the holidays have cut into my game time a lot, so it will probably be January for me before I get much time with my Sims, as well. :uhhuh:

I haven't been able to afford the celebrity EP yet...another thing for the new year, probably. I have a feeling my brother and his wife will send an Amazon gift card for Christmas, once again. If so, I'll treat myself to the celebrities. :joy:

It's good to hear from you, too. Been thinking of you a lot over the last week. All is well here, but I will sure be glad to get through winter, even though it's not even officially here yet! :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 6th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Ditto on the "Winter". I am not one to enjoy being outside when it is cold. I do not mind the heat as much as I mind the freezing temperatures. Today is very cold and rainy. At least I am now home and dry and warm! I don't think I will need to get out again until the sun comes out … Sunday, I think. :evillaugh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 6th, 2018, 11:22 pm

Agreed! I have had to be out 3 days of the past 5, in the cold and snow...brrr. Don't have to go anywhere, now, until the 16th. Hooray!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 6th, 2018, 11:56 pm

You made me curious about the other seasons. I've actually not seen anyone post about Seasons, what they thought or pictures. I am slightly disappointed, but remember - I've only experienced them for a few moments just to take pictures.

Since I've already shared Winter and I do love, love Winter, I will start with Spring. I have 3 pictures of Spring and I don't like Spring - at least not the few moments I experienced of it. The trees look like they belong in a haunted place, or maybe they were burned? It's rather dark, even though it should be quite bright outside - I guess it's overcast.
Spring 04 1.png
Spring 04 1.png (2.14 MiB) Viewed 26 times
Spring 04 2.png
Spring 04 2.png (2.55 MiB) Viewed 26 times
Spring 04 3.png
Spring 04 3.png (2.48 MiB) Viewed 26 times

Summer. I happened to enter summer at night and a storm was in progress. I have 4 pictures, the last one being during the day and it's pretty dark still. I thought the rain had cleared, but I guess it didn't because it did start raining again. So far my few minutes in Spring and Summer consists of constant rain. I don't think I like rain, rain all the time.
Summer 04 1.png
Summer 04 1.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 26 times
Summer 04 2.png
Summer 04 2.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 26 times

Summer 04 3.png
Summer 04 3.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 26 times
Summer 04 4.png
Summer 04 4.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 26 times

Fall. I only have one picture for Fall. It was pretty self-explanatory. A little boring - the colors. I expected more vibrant Fall colors. Maybe at the park or in a different world than the one I was in. :) At least it wasn't raining and it was a nice bright, sunny day!! :)
Fall 04.png
Fall 04.png (2.58 MiB) Viewed 26 times
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 7th, 2018, 3:24 am

Wow! I hadn't seen spring yet, either. I suspect, though, that it changes and greens up. I do know that summer has definitely seemed more normal to me, except that when it does rain, it definitely (to my way if thinking, at least) is too dark. I seemed to have more rain in the fall, so now I'm thinking it may be totally random. I do know, from building the hills lot, that the fall definitely gets brighter, more vibrant colors as it goes along, plus it depends on the types of trees. Also, flowers and bushes change color, too. Since I've been building in fall, I may have some strange looks in summer. Hmmm...

Also, I was reading at Carl's that each type of world has a different setting for the mildness/harshness of each season.

They do seem to have put a lot of thought into the overall mechanics and gradual changes. Mostly, so far, I just haven't been fond of the fact that when you go into build mode if the day is dark in live mode, it will be so in build/buy, as well. I suppose their aim is that you would see how things look, for better choices, perhaps, but...yeah...too excessive for me.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 7th, 2018, 12:33 pm

Thank you! It is good to have this information and helps me. I thought, possibly, there would be gradual changes and even improvements in the way everything looked for that season. I look forward to the opportunity to see those gradual changes that have been built into the game. :joy:

I want to also go to Carl's and read more about Seasons and learn about those settings. Thank you for that information as well. :-)

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 7th, 2018, 5:11 pm

I need to read the Carl's guide fully, too, and finish the two lots I started in October and November. The holidays kind of took over. :rotfl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 7th, 2018, 5:47 pm

:uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » December 7th, 2018, 9:14 pm

Oh goodie, so glad you have it and are playing :joy:
Christmas plans have kind of taken over the last week or so, but here's my neighbourhood right now, 6th day of autumn, wondering do the trees get more colourful as you go through the season as in real life. Alex always laughs at how I say, look, just like sims, instead of look just like real life :evillaugh:
Attachments
12-07-18_8-11-13 PM.png
12-07-18_8-11-13 PM.png (3.05 MiB) Viewed 20 times
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 7th, 2018, 10:03 pm

I have had it, but I'm actually not playing. I just went in to check it out, but I can only handle a few moments of it. For some reason the game stresses me. Maybe after the holidays, I'll try again. I don't even know why I bought it. I purchased Seasons when it first came out and this is the first time I'm even looking at it. I even purchased Pets and have never been into the game to check that out. I'm just grasping at straws right now to help me through these long lonely days. I'm just not able to use the Sims for that right now. I was hoping to, but :uhuh: So instead I've been shortening all my long pillow cases so they will fit my pillows. First time I've pulled out my sewing machine in 15 years or so. :evillaugh: But I would rather do that right now. It helps keep me busy. :uhhuh: :friends:

Your picture is very pretty. :uhhuh: :friends:

I forgot to say that I at least have been in the game and starting to get curious about the eps I've purchased, but haven't played. I remember years ago, before the tornado and the move here, I was in the game all the time (Sims 2 and Sims 3). It's only been since Sims 4 that I've lost interest, however, I think that is because it was "change". I can't handle change. Hoping in the new year, I can rekindle my interest. :hug-group-2y1: For awhile I was enjoying it, though. I did those challenges. But then I don't kow what happened. I didn't even finish the last one. What I did, though, was rebuild a lot of my homes and families from Sims 2 and Sims 3 for Sims 4. I really enjoyed doing that. Then, I don't know, it just started becoming stressful for me. Oh, well - next year. :)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 7th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Oh, I love that photo, Lisa! I haven't gone into any existing neighborhood to take a whole picture like that, yet...just individual lots. I am enjoying the mechanics of both the weather and the terrain manipulation, quite a lot, except for that darkness thing while building, and the game has held my interest more since they put the toddlers back, than it did before. :uhhuh:

I'm always saying that about the Sims, too. Judi has always thought that was hilarious. I wish she had more time to play...anything. I miss being able to play either Sims or Minecraft with her. She's working at the church, now, though, and thriving. I'm very proud of her, and she's doing great, both personally and professionally. It's just different. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS4 Discussions