Crashes

The Sims 4 has arrived. In this public forum, we can discuss the game. Please don't post links to your Gallery Sims, Lots, and Rooms here. There are separate forums for those. Thank you.

Crashes

Postby MelodyOkie » February 17th, 2018, 10:53 pm

I've recently started experiencing not only Game crashes, but "Origin" crashes as well. (sigh) the game crash was earlier today after I had just completed a home I was building and started the "save" process when the game crashed and lost all of my work .... (sigh). This evening, I couldn't bring myself to start over on the home and decided to just exit the game and I received a notice that there was some sort of "error" with Origin and it "crashed". (sigh) It is so discouraging ... I just recently was trying to get back "into" the game and do something with it. Oh, well ....
:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crashes

Postby lindawing » February 17th, 2018, 11:30 pm

Oh no! If I'm remembering correctly, you restart your computer every day, so that's probably not the problem. I'm still running Windows 7 Pro, and haven't had any crashes. Windows 10, however, I've been hearing from a dozen or so fellow gamers in the last 3 weeks, has been having compatibility problems with quite a few games, since two particular Microsoft updates just before then. People have been really ticked off with Microsoft.

I suspect that might be the problem, rather than EA, this time. I'd suggest updating your video driver, which probably might help, actually, except I know others have done so, with no improvement. It seems to be totally Microsoft, unfortunately.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 17th, 2018, 11:42 pm

Try this search, and a host of references to the problems pop up:
Windows 10 Crashes in January and February 2018

Using this one gives similar results:

Game Crashes after Windows 10 Updates in January and February 2018
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 18th, 2018, 1:19 am

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: Video Driver stays up-to-date. And it is and it isn't a Windows 10 problem. In that, it is only a problem with EA and it is only a problem since I started actually saving my game in a way as not to continue to add to all the saves. If I can explain it, Although before today, I've been saving my game under the same game name, but it creates yet another game. I was at a point where I had 20 of the same game ... however, the #20 was the only one with the latest change. If I pulled up #1 of the game save, it would not include all of my additions to it. So, I deleted all of the previous saves which were not up-to-date and realized I could actually click on the latest one and over-write it. The game does not like that. It crashed and I lost it all. So, after going in again and realizing it didn't even give me a no-name save, I thought, to heck with it and just exited - which then it was Origin that had an issue with that and crashed. No - this issue isn't a Windows 10 problem. This issue is not a driver problem. This issue is a Sims 4 problem and when I checked - hey, I'm not the only one having this issue. However, it does seem to be all of us who have the latest updated versions of Windows. So it's an EA issue with Windows 10 and an EA issue with how they've totally messed up the save for Sims 4. And EA does not know how to fix either. :uhuh: I've no issues with any other games and I happen to really like Windows 10 and have no problem with Windows 10 ... except with EA. :uhhuh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 18th, 2018, 1:50 am

I am actually very excited that I can "over-write" a game with a new game save. As long as it saves prior to crashing. :evillaugh: I truly detest losing a full day's worth of work because of the save issue. :yeah: :friends:

You are going to love this! In all of these years, I have signed up to receive information, etc. from EA ... never have I ever received anything and I would try and try and resign up and never anything. Just now, I received an email from them. After all these years .... It was such a surprise. :-)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 18th, 2018, 10:00 am

How ironic about the e-mail! :lol:

I do the overwrite thing every time I save, in order to only have ONE game by that name. No crashes here, which would be explained by me still having Windows 7, from what you said. The issues you had, though, seem to be exactly the issues other gamers have had with at least three games I know of (Minecraft, and two others that were mentioned on our Discord channel for one of my challenges). One man is a programmer, and he says it's definitely a Windows 10 problem, because of something they did with a previous security issue. They are working on fixing it, but it's not the fault of any of the game companies. It's Microsoft's error.

In the meantime, he and others are being very careful to save more often, but even then they are getting crashes that are even wiping out entire game installations, and there are a lot of unhappy gamers right now.

Another ironic thing...Minecraft is now a Microsoft game, and it's one of the ones that has been hard hit! :shrug:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Wow! Kind of like some of the games I used to play before EA took them over and now they no longer work on my computer (and this was prior to my finally getting Windows 10). I've not had any other issues whatsoever with my Computer and Windows 10 - except regarding EA games. Go figure ... :uhhuh: :hug-group-2y1:
:flower:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 19th, 2018, 1:21 am

Yes...there are a bunch of games that I no longer can play since Windows 7, due to huge Microsoft changes...sigh. EA always seems to be on the list of crashes, when MS makes big changes. Sigh. It's like two grown siblings fighting like 5-yrar-olds to be the biggest, and nobody else wins! :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 19th, 2018, 2:54 am

Tis true. I had a very favorite game that I loved so much many years ago. Terry and I both played it and it was set-up where sometimes we played together on our separate machines. Then one day, MS updated/upgraded their OS to Windows 7. End of game. We contacted the manufacturer of the game, but they chose not to upgrade the game. End of story. I loved that game .... can't even remember the name of it now but we played it all the time, it was so much fun!! I think our OS will constantly be updated and upgraded and it is up to the manufacturers of the different programs to choose to update their products to play nice with the new OS or not - and they don't always choose to do that. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 19th, 2018, 3:02 am

Agreed. :uhhuh: :sob:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS4 Discussions