Ticks

This is a public forum that lists some ongoing fun challenges and open group projects. We hope you'll join in with one or more at some time.

Ticks

Postby lindawing » June 24th, 2014, 8:10 pm

I made this video in The Sims 2, for the song "Ticks," by Brad Paisley.

I was building the Redneck Heaven neighborhood (from scratch), and it was perfect for the song. The two characters in this video were my main characters in the world.

I made all the custom content that I used for the video, including the "butterfly tattoo" which you'll see throughout the video.

If you use Firefox, you can download a plug-in to run this right here. Otherwise, just download the file and watch it on your computer.

Ticks.wmv [ 6.57 MiB | Viewed 801 times ]

NOTE--01/15/2019--The video was created on September 17, 2007, after "Ticks" was released by Brad Paisley in March 2007. I never published it on YouTube because of his copyright on the music...just uploaded it here, for the enjoyment of our members. If I were to publish it on YouTube, now (on my Grandma's Gone Gaming channel), it probably would be allowed (if described correctly), but I'd need to try to do it in, say, The Sims 4 (hmmm), with MUCH better graphics and movie-making software.

I'm uploading an .mp4 version of it right now, in case any of you are just seeing this, and would like something that can be read by any browser or music player. Unfortunately, the quality was already poor enough, because our Sims 2 photographs, back then, were so very small. That could actually be remedied, now...hmmm...another thought. ;-)

At any rate...whichever file you use to watch the video, I do hope you'll enjoy it. :grin:

Click here to load the .mp4 file, which you should just be able to watch in your browser.

http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/lind ... /Ticks.mp4
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ticks

Postby MelodyOkie » June 24th, 2014, 11:04 pm

That is fabulous Linda!! Well Done!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 25th, 2014, 1:28 am

Thanks, Melody! I had a great time making that TS2 neighborhood and the song. I had heard the song for the first time, when I was first working on the hood, and it stuck with me (such a tacky, yet cute song), and I just HAD to do it! :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 25th, 2014, 12:10 pm

It was so perfect, too!! It's amazing how you were able to get just the right pictures/poses to match up with the song. I really enjoyed watching it! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 25th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Adorable! ;-)
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 25th, 2014, 8:19 pm

I made it in the Windows Media Player storytelling thing, with stills, and I then timed each frame to change in the right place with the music. Each time the chorus plays, it's just a copy of the previous chorus sequence, which really helps with the auto-animation. It took a while to assemble and tune, but it was fun. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2 Fun Stuff