Merry Christmas & Happy New Year x 3 (for 2016/2017)

This is a public forum that lists some ongoing fun challenges and open group projects. We hope you'll join in with one or more at some time.

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year x 3 (for 2016/2017)

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2016, 10:08 pm

Before I installed the house and Birdie, I unclicked the two files in the installer that just had number names. Then I used the Save As button at the bottom, added CLEAN to the file name, quit Clean Installer, and then brought up the newly-saved file without those two whatever-they-ares in it, and installed the lot and Birdie. All is perfect, as far as I know. I don't know if she should be wearing some special Christmas clothing or anything. If she was, that may be what the unknown stuff is. If not, then it's no problem, since all works perfectly. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 23rd, 2016, 10:38 pm

No, nothing special - only what came with the game. I did try to put something red on her for Everyday and wherever there was normal clothing available in red. :friends: If you package it (the Sim with the home) those two files are generated automatically. Go figure? I installed it also, without the files, but when I repackaged - there they were. Something the game generates I think due to the fact a sim is part of the package? But it's good.... :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 23rd, 2016, 10:48 pm

I figured that was the case. Whatever they are, they aren't essential to installing, so they also, I'm 99.9% sure, aren't harmful in the least. Besides which, I know you always run a clean game, so there you are!

She's a lovely Sim, and the house is beautiful and cheerful! Thanks again! :joy: :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 24th, 2016, 12:16 am

Yes, I was afraid to post the packaged lot without the game generated files, just in case. I know I've not used them to install the lot and it works just fine, but each time it's packaged, the game generates those files, so rather than take a chance I just ul'd as is. :uhhuh: Since it seems to work, though without them, do you want me to switch out the file with the one that does not contain those files? I can do that if you like. :uhhuh: UPDATE: Since we know the package can be installed without those 2 extra game generated files, I've gone ahead and uploaded the package without those files in case someone prefers that. :friends:

:friends: It will be interesting what the New Year holds for that one. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 24th, 2016, 2:55 am

OK...sounds good. Me, too! LOL
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS2 Fun Stuff