Crafting update

This is where I'll be sharing my real life creations. It's a public forum.

Moderator: Rheassi-Sim

Crafting update

Postby Rheassi-Sim » July 30th, 2017, 12:45 am

I am not doing a lot of crafting right now. I have been finding it hard to concentrate on it. I did start a new therapy based hobby that had proven to be helpful. My therapist suggested a journal and as I was getting into it I discovered bullet journals and travelers notebooks.

It's kinda a mix of art, writing and planning. I have a collection of journals, craft paper, stickers, stamps and lots and lots if ink, colored pencils and pens now lol.

If I can figure out how to do photos from my phone I will share some pictures. You can follow my Instagram also. It's not updated alot but I do share my craft stuff there. @Rheassi_Musings

No new soaps or candles but I am trying to get back to my cross stitch. I would like to do a birth sampler for our first grandchild who is due to arrive in December.

I have not pulled out my beads or charms in a while but I want to make some journal charms and some beaded bookmarks at some point. My craft stuff is really disorganized. I gave my craft room to our eldest when she moved back home so my bedroom looks like a craft store exploded in it. One day I will get it organized :)
Rheassi-Sim
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Crafting update

Postby MelodyOkie » July 30th, 2017, 12:56 am

Understand that! I have all this yarn and material for quilting, but it's not happening. I've no desire right now to do much of anything - and can't seem to get into my knitting. Quilting takes too much out of me... so it all sits. :uhhuh: Not sure if I will ever get back to any of it. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Crafting update

Postby lindawing » July 30th, 2017, 1:20 am

Same thing here! I've done some necessity sewing between surgeries, and I can sit more comfortable at that table, now (and it will only get better from this point, thankfully), but I'm not sure where I'll go with that. I did start reorganizing my embroidery threads, back a few months, shortly before the right hip went. I do want to do some cross stitch, but also have thought about doing some traditional embroidery, as well. I always loved doing that, so we'll see.

The knitting machine has been sitting still since just before Christmas last year, when I finally finished my brother's afghan. I knitted mittens for all the grandkids here, by hand, and that was fun because of the smallness of the projects. Been trying to think of what I might do for them all this year. The sewing machine is kind of beckoning...might try some matching shirts, perhaps. Again, they (except for Harry and Ethan) are still pretty small. They are, too, but getting up toward adult sizes. Ethan turned 13 just a few days back.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Rheassi's Creations