The Studio

This is a public forum dedicated to discussions about the TS3 Store venues or individual items (not worlds) that we like (or don't like, as the case may be).

Re: The Studio

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2016, 1:12 am

And the glitchiness with the hesitation which the lags, a lot of it is caused by poor programming and had nothing to do with a person's computer capabilities at all. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 15th, 2016, 8:00 pm

I know, but maybe an amazing computer may be able to make that less obvious, but I am talking way into the future of computers :uhhuh:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 15th, 2016, 8:21 pm

:evillaugh: Ironic, isn't it? "Into the Future" is one of the packs that causes some of the problems ... :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 15th, 2016, 10:06 pm

:lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 16th, 2016, 1:02 am

And if we only play one or two of the eps at a time, then the lag would not be an issue, either. Also, I actually think that if we played without all that store content (at least for me) - the game would come up quicker and run smoother. I actually have what one would consider a top of the line fast computer - but it doesn't do anything to have a great computer if the program is not written properly. However, the more stuff you pile into a game, the more cluttered it becomes and the game can't handle it (has nothing to do with the computer at all). So there are work-arounds for some of the issues, but unfortunately, not all of them. I think the major issues with lag, etc. and just overall glitchiness came with the latter games, starting with Seasons and just getting worse with each additional ep; to the point I think the programming of the game itself had a complete breakdown with the last few eps - especially with Islands.

All of that said, I really do miss the concept of The Sims 3 and the open world. It was outstanding - we just added to much into it and stuffed it too full. If I can just make myself play with less, I think I would still enjoy The Sims 3 more than The Sims 4. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 16th, 2016, 1:22 am

Seasons definitely made a difference the actual game, not just the loading time. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 18th, 2016, 9:54 pm

Yes, it did seem to get much worse with seasons, too bad the one we all seem to really want is one of the big culprits, the islands too, but I just about would miss something or other from most of the EP's or SP's :ohno:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 19th, 2016, 12:58 am

Oh, me too! That's why it's so hard to play with just a few of them and even the ones I didn't really care for, or those that created a lot of extra problems, there was a lot of stuff in them that I used and really liked, with my creations. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 19th, 2016, 1:03 am

Yes... :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS3 Store--Photos & Discussions