The Monopoly Board--International

This neighborhood is a facsimile of the familiar board game--with an international twist. Because we have forum members from quite a few nations, we decided to represent all the versions of our members' games. We also originally ran this hood as a progressive contest, and awarded deeds for the best lots in the periodic polls. At this point in time, there is no further contest, and anyone submitting a new lot will obtain a deed. Check out this public forum for more information, and to download the Monopoly Board and its lots, to date.

The Monopoly Board--International

Postby lindawing » April 19th, 2014, 6:07 am

N122_Neighborhood.png
N122_Neighborhood.png (523.34 KiB) Viewed 1265 times

Because we had forum members from all over the world (well...not all over, but from quite a few places) when we began this progressive neighborhood, we decided that we would at least represent the Monopoly Boards from all of the places where our members lived.

Accordingly, to use this neighborhood in the way it was designed, you will want to follow THIS LINK to see and perhaps print out our full chart of the layout of the board. It shows the colors of the lots, gives the different nationality street names, and shows how much money the lots should sell for when they are complete.

You'll need the SC4 Files to run the neighborhood. Unzip the file, and put all the resulting files into your game files, inside the SC4Terrains folder.
SC4TerrainFiles-MonopolyBoard.zip
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 64 times

The board (neighborhood) comes with only some of the empty lots on it. You will be able to download all the lots that have been completed, to date, as well. Or just fill the board with your own lots. The following photo shows how the residential lots should be placed. You can use the blank ones that are already placed in the hood, as templates for building, if you move them to your lots bin. Just be sure to rename them when you use them. If you download our created lots, just replace the existing lots with the ones you've downloaded. The blank Community lots are all on the board. If you download a completed one, just trash the one on the board and replace it. use the blank ones to build your own.
ResidentialLotLayouts.jpg
ResidentialLotLayouts.jpg (249.52 KiB) Viewed 1264 times

The N122 neighborhood should be unzipped, then placed into your game files, inside the Neighborhoods folder.
N122.zip
(1.25 MiB) Downloaded 60 times

Have fun playing Monopoly!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Monopoly Board--International

Postby MelodyOkie » April 19th, 2014, 3:39 pm

Wow!! So amazing and quite an accomplishment. I've saved the files into a Sims 2 Monopoly folder, copied the instructions and printed that chart. I must set this up in my Sims 2 game!! Thank you for posting this project!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 19th, 2014, 7:50 pm

I'll be working on getting more lots posted today, Melody. We had contests for all the first side, that were completed. I've already uploaded the first two properties, and will be getting the light blue ones up today, for sure.

The contests were never polled for the pink lots, which are almost complete, so I've just been renaming the lots for the ones that are there, and doing the same around the rest of the board. No more contests. As soon as I make the pictures and the deeds, I'll get them all uploaded.

The corner lots are all done (no contests there...just first-come-first-serve), as are the railroads and utilities. None of the community chest or Chance lots have been done. The Community Chest Pile and the Chance Pile are done (for the center of the board. I'll be uploading those soon.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 19th, 2014, 10:18 pm

Sounds good! I've dl'd the first two and will get the others as you are able to put them here. :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 20th, 2014, 12:12 am

I have almost all the community lots up, now...just finishing up the chance and community chest piles. Then I'm going to take a break. I've also been looking at 1964 quake stuff...feeling a little low, looking at all the old pictures and thinking of the friends we lost at that time.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 20th, 2014, 1:00 am

:hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 20th, 2014, 5:51 am

Thanks, Melody. I'd been thinking about Patty's situation, and yours last year, and then that anniversary was just so recent. Doing better, now. It's a good thing we're resilient, isn't it?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 21st, 2014, 1:47 pm

Yes it is. I can't believe that on May 20th, it will be one year later... I hope I don't relive it in nightmares, but in celebration that we were in our storm shelter - we survived!! :uhhuh: And although we struggle with adjusting, and we both continue to have some depression over it all, we praise God for our many Blessings and Thank Him for sustaining us through it all. :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » April 21st, 2014, 2:08 pm

:hug-group-5y:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » April 21st, 2014, 7:44 pm

Amen!