The Sims Of Widespot

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS2 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS2 section.

The Sims Of Widespot

Postby PattyHeart » February 4th, 2015, 12:58 pm

First of all, I should explain that Widespot is a small, wacky, very unique custom neighborhood created by Peni Grifin at Mod The Sims. Basically "To some it is just a wide spot in the road but to those who live here it is thier whole world."

The Sims in this rural community were not intended to be pretty and neither are their homes. Much better than perfect or pretty both the Sims and thier homes are ..well..interesting. Each household has a backstory and everyone knows everyone when you first visit.

This is the third or fourth time that I've played this neighborhood and it is the very first thing I added when I got my beloved SIms2 (the UC) all set up and updated and repaired on this newer computer.

The first to settle out here was a hermit scientist with two odd looking children to raise. All too soon a few others, needing to start over or to hide out, found thier way here. There is no shopping other than a small general store . For recreation there is a small park with a swimming pool and a wooded 'make out spot".

I have completed the second round -- and I've been enjoying this so much that I've remembered to take only three or four screenshots! So, what I will do is to back track and introduce each one of the households as they are at the start.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: The Sims Of Widespot

Postby MelodyOkie » February 4th, 2015, 3:07 pm

I really like that the Sims 2 Ultimate is so easy to access now. I've gone in and set-up a few areas, but just don't seem to have the time to play them all. Enjoying Sims 4 right now. I love how you can pretty much customize a neighborhood and set up a perfect area in Sims 4 as well. :joy: In fact, I plan to do as many of the Sims 2 Challenges I enjoyed way back then, in Sims 4!! :yeah: :joy:

Anyway - this sounds very interesting and a lot of fun! I bet you fly through it in no time at all!! I would love to see the Challenge and try it in Sims 4! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 4th, 2015, 11:51 pm

I'm thinking we could do a Widespot in the road...hmmm...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 1:53 am

Melody, Widespot is a small neighborhood that I am playing through in "rounds". One household per season. While it is not a challenge - it does have its challenges (LOL). So much fun. Love the quirky characters.

Linda, are you thinking of creating a similar town in Sims 3 or 4? I wonder how the characters would carry over?

What adds interest to this Sims 2 town is seeing that a lot of living and mingling has gone on before you first visit!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 5th, 2015, 2:23 am

I would think Widespot (when I saw it, I immediately thought of that phrase "just a wide spot in the road," would lend itself quite well to just a small section of TS4. Can you post a link to it at MTS, so I can see it in TS2?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 2:24 am

THE HOUSEHOLDS:

BEECH
Daytona Beech has worked untiringly for the development of Widespot. Will the stress of change make this family stronger, or tear it apart?

HART
After the Hot Tub Dome Scandal and his wife's diagnosis with Rodney's Sudden Death Syndrome, international sports star Valentine Hart retired with his family to the quietest place he could find. Can he and his children recover from the trauma of her untimely death here? Or just make everyone else as big a mess as they are?

MANN
Rich Mann has it all. He came to Widespot to protect it from prying eyes, and retire in comfort.

LAND
Homer and Beulah came to Widespot to get away from parental disapproval. Now that the highway's here, their kids are in public school, and with Mary home Beulah got a job. Their kids face lots of opportunities now - for good and ill.

WEISS
Skye Weiss came to Widespot, with his trust fund, to watch the stars. They watched back. Now the trust fund is gone, Penny's grown, Woody's growing, the highway's come through bringing new people with it - what's a hermit to do?
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 2:28 am

ROUND ONE:
This time around I have begun with the Beech household. Beech family members automatically inherit Grilled Cheese as a second aspiration. I have also decided to limit each household to specific careers. A common trait in the Beech family line is a desire to have some control and influence over others. Careers they can choose from are" Politics, Law Enforcement, Education and The Legal profession.

ROUND TWO:
Where to begin? Each one of the households have been played for a season and all of the expectant mums have given birth.

HART: Valentine (who did not really wish to wed anyone!), but who takes being a father most seriously; married Mary Land for the sake of his unborn child. OK. Well, Valentine jumped at the chance to improve his reputation. He had a home built meant to impress other Widespot residents as part of his plan to claim a spot at -- or at least close to the top of the local pecking order - right up there with the Mann and Beech families. No one's business that Valentine took out a loan and that his part time job as a dance instructor is more than "just a fun hobby thing". He and Mary named thier daughter Sweet Hart.

MANN: Junior is following in his father's footsteps career wise. His mother is urging him to find a wife from a suitable family (preferably one who will not ask too many questions and will just be happy having money to spend). A façade of respectability, honesty and clean living is most important to the Mann family. A legitimate heir is needed.

LAND: The parents are doing well career wise and take pride in raising well behaved off spring (well, we won't talk about Mary "getting herself in trouble" out of wedlock!) who are doing very well in school. They miss Mary being there to take care of her siblings as well as housework and cooking.

WEIS: Shortly following the birth of Penny's son, Oldand Wise, the entire Weise family packed up and moved far off from Widespot - in the middle of the night of all things! That old hermit scientist had become even more reclusive and downright secretive. For some reason Woody was recruited into the military while yet in high school and the family has kept silent about whatever job it is that Penny has taken on. Very mysterious goings on out there on the far edge of Widespot. Where oh where have they vanished to?

BEECH: Career wise all is rolling ahead smoothly for this Political family. Daytona has her sights set for her family beyond Widespot and will do or encourage whatever it takes to reach the very top.

(I moved the Kat household from Pets into town simply because she is the type who is naturally attracted to such a place.)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 2:40 am

One thing that becomes very evident right at the get-go is that there has been a lot of 'hanky panky; going on amongst the adults. Oh well, it has been a long winter with little else to do. Anyways, the result is a new crop of babies and plenty of story material!

Because there are now two separate Hart households I've six to visit each round -so, will take a little longer. What I plan to do is to visit and report on one at a time. Also I will take more pictures.

Here is a peek into the Beech household from early on. Daytona runs her family with a heavy hand. How else will they beat out any local competition? (Well, other than cheats and bribes..) Her daughter in law's job is to produce healthy grandchildren for Daytona's political stable.
Attachments
snapshot_bdbd17fb_21daf354.jpg
snapshot_bdbd17fb_21daf354.jpg (12.16 KiB) Viewed 846 times
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 2:43 am

Linda. here is a link to Widespot:

http://modthesims.info/d/497926
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 5th, 2015, 3:47 am

Love your stories, Anne! Looks like you could be quite busy with these Sims for quite some time to come! :uhhuh:

Thank you for the link. I'll check it out, and see what I think about TS4. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 5th, 2015, 4:24 am

This does sound like loads of fun! I bet it would be really fun and interesting to adapt it for both Sims 3 and Sims 4, where all the sims continue living and doing and aging at the same time. Very reminiscent in a way of the "My 3 Sims" where (even though they were all in the same household), you only played one at a time for a certain period of time, then the next for that amount of time, then the next and so on. The others were left on their own during the play time with the one. It would be even more fun to do that with families - the adapted version could be called "Roundabout"... :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 4:31 am

There is much that I enjoy about TS4, however, I find that I can do ever so much more with TS2 when it comes to neighborhoods (and rotational game play). I was hoping that the way sub-hoods can be built and connected to the main town would carry over to 4 in a more complete way. I do realize that TS4 is a different game and has its own style. TS4 is fun, but, does not keep my creative interest for as long as does 2.

What you have in mind to do with 3 and 4 does sound interesting.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 5th, 2015, 5:33 am

I really enjoyed out time with My 3 Sims. That was a blast! Very similar play, I think.

I'll see what I can come up with. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 5th, 2015, 8:22 am

This has been an eventful visit with the Beech family :-) So much to tell, but, that must wait as it is quite late and I am quite tired.

While I enjoy building and setting up for game play what I enjoy most is getting in there and playing. I actually only enjoy building when whatever is being built will be used in my own game.

Something that makes Widespot even more interesting ( and social and fun!) is that Peni also plays and shares the goings on in her version of Widespot. Fascinating how several of us can play with the same ingredients and end up with very diferent events and story lines!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 5th, 2015, 11:00 am

Agreed! I think that's one of the most enjoyable things about any of the Sims games--sharing our different stories, created from the same original settings! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS2 Storytelling