The Sims Of Widespot

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS2 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS2 section.

Re: The Sims Of Widespot

Postby MelodyOkie » February 5th, 2015, 1:53 pm

It very much inspires me to play in Sims 2 again!! I become so torn between them all and my "worldly" responsibilities. :uhhuh:

Also, like you Anne, I love setting up the Neighborhoods and creating for my own gameplay; then seeing everything in actual game play. I need to just start taking a day out of each week for my Sims. It's just so hard to find an extra day these days, just for me!! :uhhuh: :evillaugh:

It will be fun to watch your progress!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 7th, 2015, 6:56 am

Just today getting back to playing. Spent a lot of time working out how to mend a problem with my Sims2 UC. Refused to give up :-)

Melody, seeing what we've made come to life in the game is so rewarding !
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » February 7th, 2015, 7:06 am

Instead of a detailed story line I will be sharing just the high lights and interesting bits of news and pictures.

It has been found out that Skye Wies sold his Widespot property and has relocated his family way off in desolate, isolated Viper Valley -- where he is working on two secret projects. Skye also has a very hush-hush arrangement with the Beech family and who are benefiting from his secret age reduction juice.

Meanwhile, Penny has been reconnecting with her friends back in Widespot anxious to know every bit of news and gossip and every little detail of everyone's life. You'd think this would rouse suspicion but for the fact that Penny has always been a likeable, nosey busy-body.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2015, 11:19 am

I've had a really busy day today (which is now tomorrow...sigh). Unfortunately, Patty's computer had a major problem today. After spending several hours on the phone with her, her tower is being sent here for my son and I to figue out exactly how to handle the problem. In the meantime, she'll have to get online with her hubby's computer, and she won't have any games installed there. :-(

Then I had some other stuff to do, and finally got into Minecraft late in the evening. Lydia told me about a new challenge map that I downloaded. So I had fun with that, until just now.

Tomorrow (later today), though, I intend to install Widespot and go in and take a look at it. The more you've said about it, the more it seems to me it would work quite well in TS4. We shall see. I can at least have fun seeing what I think. Thanks, Anne!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 7th, 2015, 12:42 pm

Linda. I believe that a Widespot area in TS4 could be a lot of fun. I also believe that Peni would take it as a compliment . She really did an excellent job with this town! Whatever you decide just looking around and playing a little should prove to be interesting.

I hope you can sort out Patty's computer! We had a real mess to clear up a while back after some garbage snuck in via downloading Google Chrome. The infection was so bad that I could not save anything that had not already been backed up and ended up needing to use the return to factory settings option :-(

What I am doing is to create a household based on Widespot to have fun with in TS4.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » February 7th, 2015, 2:21 pm

:hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2015, 8:47 pm

After finding out how much it would cost to send the computer with insurance added, they found a repair man locally, today. He promised to save all her stuff. I hope he does a thorough job of it. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 7th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Oh dear! I'd not thought about postage cost. Sounds like the type of pc task that my husband has done (no charge) for family and friends. Says he enjoys the challenge.

Well, I be off to gather up some things to (at LONG last) upload to Patty Anne's Place here and to visit Widespot..etc, and so on.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 7th, 2015, 10:57 pm

We're the same here--my son Jonathan and I--which is why I had told Patty if she was willing to send the tower, we WOULD get it fixed for her. I'm happy that they got a better price than sending it. I just hope he does a good job. :yeah:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 8th, 2015, 3:14 am

Anne--After installing the neighborhood and beginning to check it out, I got inspired, but not to try to copy it. I've decided to do a new member project, called something like "In the Beginning..." We'll use another emptied world, but we won't try to fill it. We'll have just five or six founding families contributed by our members, with lots or not...depending on what everyone wants to do. Then I'll put it together and play it for a while to get relationships & genealogy established (like Penni did for Widespot), then publish it as a played game. I'll tell how to install it after it's downloaded, in the information when I publish it, and will write up the history similar to what Penni did.

I have some ideas about how to keep the background areas hidden a little bit. This might take some time, but I think we can come up with something fun. It's good timing, too, due to the new EP coming out on April 1, so that we can have at least a viable general store, and maybe a tiny local clinic, and perhaps the town cop will work out of his home...stuff like that. Lots to think about, but it's already giving my mind something pleasant to cogitate. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 8th, 2015, 3:46 am

:joy: :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 8th, 2015, 3:56 am

Linda, I see that you are inspired :-)

I plum forgot that I've a story telling place here at Patty Anne's Place. So, I will be continuing sharing about The Sims Of Widespot there.

Enjoyed spending time there this afternoon with the Land family.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 8th, 2015, 8:17 am

Do you want me to move these topics there for you, Anne?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » February 8th, 2015, 11:23 am

Linda, Silly me, Had no idea how to move this thread. So (being lazy) I copied and moved just the Widespot story bits over to Patty's Place.

Needed to rest and sleep a lot during the day and so here I am still up 'n fiddling around at near two thirty in the morning!!

I suppose this one could be deleted if you wish. Looking forward to seeing what you think up for Sims 4.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 8th, 2015, 9:04 pm

I'll go ahead and delete as soon as you let me know you're absolutely done with this topic. I visited the new one and commented (staying on topic). ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TS2 Storytelling