A New Year - A New Start

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS2 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS2 section.

A New Year - A New Start

Postby MelodyOkie » December 30th, 2014, 4:08 pm

My story begins yesterday. I've not been born yet, maybe my time will come tomorrow. I'm from the past but have become the future and soon will be the present. I've no name yet, since I've not come into being; but am anxious to start a new life in 2015.

Someone became very bored with all the changes made in Sims 4. It's ironic that just as she tired of creating, they've brought the game into such a simplicity, it's no longer fun to play. She spends a little time in Sims 3 and can not fathom why that game takes so long to load and so she considers bringing it back to basic, except that is boring; so maybe basic with a little ambition and some adventure thrown in. Meanwhile, this drastic action will take away hundreds of her creations. She may not have the patience to fix them so they can still be used. But it may be worth it. She doesn't like most of anything that came along after Ambitions and Adventures anyway. Weather she does, but it's over-done and ruined by the way it's programed and she detests the Weather Stone where there is no choice with it and it is thrown haphazardly into her game - the thing is so very ugly! Then she comes up with a brilliant idea; and this idea involves me!

Sims 2 is quick to load and fun to play. She misses all it offered in it's prime and loves all the choices - especially Kitchen and Bath - one of her favorites for creating Apartments. So I know my time is near - to live again in the New Year!!

Happy New Year Everyone!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A New Year - A New Start

Postby MelodyOkie » December 30th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Melissa Simmeister has just moved into a Mini-Victoriana in Pleasantview.

The Home:

The Home.jpg
The Home.jpg (164.93 KiB) Viewed 1273 times

With Melissa:

Melissa Simmeister.jpg
Melissa Simmeister.jpg (140.22 KiB) Viewed 1273 times

So Melissa stomps around, not happy with her new surroundings. Although she can get around, there is something bothering her and she is very upset. So I think, maybe she would prefer the flowerbed along the sidewalk shortened so she can easily get into the rest of the yard from the front. I shorten it. She's still not happy. Then, I realize she does not seem to like the flowering shrubs I had added into the beds. So I delete them. Now she's happy. I did not expect this:

Changes for Melissa.jpg
Changes for Melissa.jpg (200.62 KiB) Viewed 1273 times

Seems Melissa likes to crawl around in the flowerbeds and the bushes that were there prevented her from getting down to smell the daisies?

This is going to be interesting.
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 12:06 am

Looking forward to seeing how this goes, Melody...or whatever your name is now! :rotfl: :evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 2:23 am

Oh, this really isn't about me at all. It's about my new Sim who wasn't before she was. Melissa. :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 3:24 am

Oh, OK...I went back and re-read, and now I understand better! :evillaugh: Cool!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 5th, 2015, 3:15 pm

It's always confusing when one goes back to the future, thinking about the past, yet trying to live in the present. :doh: :evillaugh: :friends: And me - I'm always confused! :uhhuh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2015, 12:40 am

:evillaugh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 6th, 2015, 11:01 am

:rotfl: I share a lot of your views Melody! Maybe I'll open up Sims 2 again sometime! If only we had the speed, beauty and build tools of Sims 4 with the charm of Sims 1 and the expansions of 2 and 3!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 6th, 2015, 1:58 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2015, 11:20 pm

:uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 7th, 2015, 1:49 am

I'm actually enjoying the Sims 3 gameplay very much. There's so much for the Sims to do. There are those programing issues and the Sims 3 engine could have been designed a bit better, but I've become so accustomed to the open world, easy building in Sims 3 and so many designs to choose from and customization options as far as patterns and colors that we don't have in Sims 4. Plus the worlds are beautiful in Sims 3 - I think more so than Sims 4, which a lot of what is seen in Sims 4 isn't really there. But, I do like that it offered a perfect neighborhood set-up for my 5 Wellspring of Magic families and their homes (even though we are even very limited in that area as well in Sims 4). I will, though - get back to my Jordon Run Estates in Sims 4 later. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 7th, 2015, 2:24 am

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 7th, 2015, 1:02 pm

I totally agree about the worlds, there are many and I really love the beachy ones!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 7th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Me too! Since I mainly created during our Sims 3 days; I seldom really got to play and experience all there is to do; so I just need this time in Sims 3. Although I did create a lot during Sims 2 days, I also played a lot and actually did experience all that Sims 2 offered us. This wasn't the case with Sims 3, so I need that before I move on fully to Sims 4. After all, I sure did spend an awful lot of money on the game (as I know most of us did). So I need to at least get some of my monies worth. :evillaugh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 7th, 2015, 10:18 pm

lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2 Storytelling