New Day, New Game

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS3 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS3 section.

Re: New Day, New Game

Postby PattyHeart » August 1st, 2016, 9:29 am

I have Sims 3 on a computer that is never online. Only way to protect it from Origin. Such a beautiful game! Sims 2 and 3 remain my favorites. Just can not stay interested in four. Miss the fun Sims 2 and 3 projects that we used to do back at the old NS.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 1st, 2016, 9:53 pm

I'm about ready to put my Sims games on my new computer. I think I'll start with 3,and see how it runs.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 1st, 2016, 11:23 pm

PattyHeart wrote:I have Sims 3 on a computer that is never online. Only way to protect it from Origin. Such a beautiful game! Sims 2 and 3 remain my favorites. Just can not stay interested in four. Miss the fun Sims 2 and 3 projects that we used to do back at the old NS.

Actually, that's not the case. I have Sims 3 on my computer. I go online all the time (not in-game of course), but I check-in here, go to The Sims 3 site, go to fb, etc. and Origin has not interfered with my game at all. I found that the issue was Sims 4 (which I no longer have because of the content and programming they've added that I think is wrong and don't want to expose my grandkids to in a stupid game). When I did have Sims 4, Origin would take over all of my Sims games and cause all kinds of issues with my Sims 3. But since I no longer have Sims 4 - I have no issues at all with my Sims 3 and Origin has not bothered me any more. And I totally agree with you about Sims 4. It has not bothered me one bit not to have it because it was so boring! The only thing I enjoyed in Sims 4 was creating and putting together the worlds - but I did not enjoy gameplay at all. I also miss our Sims 3 projects. Although I have Sims 2 and it will always have been the best and very much miss all of the projects from Sims 2 - I just can't go back to it anymore. It's just too archaic. Graphics are horrendous in it and it's just not fun anymore. But, Sims 3 is still good. I've just not had the want-to on anything Sim these days. :yeah:

Linda - Hope Sims 3 runs well for you on your new pc. Be aware, Origin may just mess that up for you, once you put 4 back on. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 1st, 2016, 11:56 pm

I'm actually thinking I won't add TS4. It's a good opportunity to give it up, I think. I feel the same about TS2. I do love TS3, but it was SO utterly slow on my other computer. I'm hoping that this new one really does it justice!

I don't know if I'm up for any new TS3 projects but we'll see. These days it seems harder for me to get really involved in anything except Minecraft. If TS3 actually works better, then that might change. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » August 2nd, 2016, 2:24 am

Boy, do I understand!! I've been playing my Mystery PI's and other search and find games. Just have not been able to get back into the Sims. I think Sims 4 just ruined it for me and I just can't seem to get my want-to back, even though I have gotten quite a few worlds ready to play in Sims 3. The Sims are not holding any interest for the Grandsons either. They would rather play the games available on fb. :uhhuh: I wonder why I feel like I should force the situation and make myself get interested in it again? Silly, huh? Maybe it's all that money that I sunk into Sims 3??? What a waste..... :doh:
:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 2nd, 2016, 7:42 am

I did not know that removing Sims 4 will stop Origin from interfering. How very strange.

Sims 2 remains my favorite. Can do so much more with it. Visit the Sims 2 forums and downloads at MTS often. I don't find Sims 2 graphics to be at all horrendous or archaic. It looks beautiful on my PC. :-)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 2nd, 2016, 1:17 pm

When I removed The Sims 4, I also uninstalled Origin. I also had to uninstall Sims 3 and re-install. Although Origin is there - during reinstall of my Sims 3, it does not mess around with my Sims 3. I've done this before, then made the mistake some time back to also reinstall Sims 4. When I went into Sims 4, that is when Origin then invaded and took over my Sims 3 as well; requiring on-line connection and sign-in to Origin to play It. Origin, combined with Sims 4 is quite invasive. :uhhuh:
Now that I have removed Sims 4 for good (and completed the above steps to rid myself of the problem); I no longer have to deal with Origin taking over and requiring on-line connection and sign-in to play. :uhhuh:

I'm using the Sims 2 that we were provided free from Origin. And it does not allow for the graphics to be adjusted. Or, my graphics card is too new and powerful for it? Whatever the cause - the graphics for Sims 2 is horrid!! And the game is too clunky for my taste. I don't have the patience for it. :yeah: :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 3rd, 2016, 12:31 am

Thank you, Melody. After thinking about it I will keep Origin as I have games there other than Sims. Just glad to have an intact, fully updated Sim3 with all of my store purchases all safe and sound on my off line only PC. Now that I am feeling better I want to give 4 another try. I don't feel concerned about the recent updates introducing aspects that may discomfort some folks. There are aspects to all the Sims games that are like this.

Such a shame that 2 does not look well and runs 'klunky' on your PC. That would be a real loss for me seeing how much I play, create for and enjoy TS2. We all have different likes and expectations when it comes to video games. I'm glad that you have 3 set up now to where you can really get in there and play!!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 3rd, 2016, 2:39 am

:friends: I agree. I am also glad to have both 2 and 3 still. However, I just flat don't have the "want-to". I lost my "sim" enthusiasm ... :uhhuh: The games are there, though, if I ever get the urge. :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 3rd, 2016, 3:36 am

I had planned to start putting 3 back today, but by late last night I was raging between being freezing cold and burning up with fever, and not able to do much more than whimper and try to sleep. Then today, thanks to your prayers, I believe, I've been feeling MUCH better, but still not up to much. I went back to bed about 7 PM, and just got up again for a little while. Sure hoping tomorrow is back to normal. Maybe then I can go ahead and get 3 installed. I'll need to put 2 back in, to help Patty once in a while, too. Still not sure about 4.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 3rd, 2016, 4:22 am

Melody, it is not unusual for our interests to ebb and flow and change over time and then somethings become interesting again after being set aside for a time. Years ago I did a LOT of crocheting and nowadays I only do so when something is needed.

I visit my Sims off and on and am mostly kept busy with everyday things and other interests in between. I expect this is the same for others.

What keeps my interest in Sims is the story writing aspect. I use it as a writing exercise tool.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 3rd, 2016, 1:34 pm

:friends: I think after playing for so many years, I've outgrown them and with the changes that has been made along the way, I don't even like them (EA - or the direction they've taken the game). After 16 or 17 years, and have gone through many times of boredom, losing interest, etc. I've not really cared for the Sims anymore for 3 years now and for 3 years I have been trying to force myself back. It isn't going to happen. I am old enough to know life is short and I don't want to spend it forcing myself to like a game I no longer care for and takes up way too much of my time. I would rather be doing something else .... anything else.

This is only where I am and how I feel. It is OK not to feel the same and to continue enjoying the game, if that makes you happy! There's nothing at all wrong with that. :yeah:

MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 3rd, 2016, 6:13 pm

MelodyOkie wrote::friends: I think after playing for so many years, I've outgrown them and with the changes that has been made along the way, I don't even like them (EA - or the direction they've taken the game). After 16 or 17 years, and have gone through many times of boredom, losing interest, etc. I've not really cared for the Sims anymore for 3 years now and for 3 years I have been trying to force myself back. It isn't going to happen. I am old enough to know life is short and I don't want to spend it forcing myself to like a game I no longer care for and takes up way too much of my time. I would rather be doing something else .... anything else.

This is only where I am and how I feel. It is OK not to feel the same and to continue enjoying the game, if that makes you happy! There's nothing at all wrong with that. :yeah:

Well said, Melody. Makes no sense at all doing a thing we truly have no real interest in. Video games are just one of many interests in my life. I began and continue to play different ones off and on because they provide cognitive and fine motor skill therapy that is helpful to me. So, I keep finding ways to keep this varied and interesting.

I am also a 'realistic portrait doll" or "reborn doll" artist which besides being a creative outlet is also therapeutic in many ways. Because my arms and hands are not strong I can work on the dolls for a limited time and must set the work aside for a few days or a week or two once in a while. So, it is a good thing that I do not create these doll babies as a business like some do! (LOL)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 3rd, 2016, 7:02 pm

:friends: It's good to have different interests and wonderful when those interests actually help us and are useful in some way!! :uhhuh: I've always felt it is good to stay busy, because I need to stay busy. :evillaugh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 4th, 2016, 3:44 am

Agreed with you both. For me, right now, Minecraft provides the outlet that I used to have with the Sims, and making videos has given me other groups of people with whom to interface as well. I have really enjoyed/am enjoying doing two of the challenges that are out there, created by a couple of very nice people, and now I'm also doing a match (with a twist) of one other friend's (Our Debra's) personal challenge, and a personal challenge of my own. Those four challenges are keeping me quite busy, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Getting a good computer back is helpful, also!!! ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TS3 Storytelling