Miles and Miles to Go, Completed Jan 1, 2016

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS3 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS3 section.

Miles and Miles to Go, Completed Jan 1, 2016

Postby TeresaJo » January 9th, 2016, 4:33 pm

So I wanted to share a challenge I finally finished. This is a Differences in the Family Tree challenge, and it took me a little over 3 years to complete it. The storytelling is non-existent and you can tell there are some generations where I was really bored. This is the last Sims 3 challenge, legacy, or game I will probably attempt as I am fully committed to Sims 4 now.

A Sims 3 challenge, Difference in the Family Tree -otherwise known as DITFT- is a fifteen generation challenge (with an optional 16th gen that is the 'supernatural' creatures so those whom don't wish to deal with them don't have to) that takes aspects of the Sims3 game and challenges you to try out new things. It has different paths for each generation for replay value and for those whom don't, can't, or would much rather play it their way. Feel free to randomize generations.

Miles and Miles to Go

Objectives by Generation

Generation Updates / Each generation will receive a single update. :)

1. Farmer/Fisherman: Fiona Miles (Sunset Valley) ~10/10/12
2. Singer/Writer & Painter: Delilah Miles (Starlight Shores) ~10/21/12
3. Explorer/Inventor/Firefighter/Cook: Juliette Miles (Twinbrook) ~10/29/12
4. Family/Daycare/Music: Pia Miles (Hidden Springs) ~11/7/12
5. Athlete/Fortune Teller/Alchemist: Beau Miles (Moonlight Falls & Dragon Valley) ~8/15/14
6. In the Spotlight/Celebrity/Acting/Mixologist/Vampire: Willow Miles (Bridgeport) ~8/17/14
7. Criminal/Law Enforcement: Adrian Miles (Lucky Palms) ~12/6/14
8. Service/Military: Felicity Miles (Riverview) ~1/1/15
9. Pets Hoarder/Horse Trainer/Unicorn/Imaginary Friend: Jeffrey Miles (Appaloosa Plains) ~1/11/15
10. Politics: Penny Miles (Monte Vista & Roaring Heights) ~3/8/15
11. Musician/Sculptor/Fairy: Caryl Miles (Aurora Skies) ~3/21/15
12. Science/Doctor/Plantsim: Briar Miles (Lunar Lakes) ~4/19/15
13. Ghost Hunter/Time Travel-Into the Future/Plumbot-Simbot: Ariel Miles (Midnight Hollow & Sunlit Tides) ~12/11/15
14. University: Lucy Miles (Sunlit Tides) ~12/29/15
15. Back to the Beginning: Zylen Miles (Barnacle Bay) ~1/1/16

Generations Completed: 15/15
Objective Sets Completed: 45/45

The story that began on October 10, 2012, has gone the Miles and reached the end.
  • 15 generations
  • 45 challenge groupings completed
  • 75 family sims
  • 6 horses
  • 8 dogs
  • 1 unicorn
  • 6 cats
  • 3 rodents
  • 6 birds
  • 6 snakes
  • 4 turtles
  • 4 lizards
  • 2 butterflies
  • 2 beetles
  • 2 fireflies
  • 1 mummy
  • 1 simbot
  • 1 plumbot
Active Story, Founding Generation | Babbling Brooks, an Insane Sims 4 Legacy
Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Re: Miles and Miles to Go, Completed Jan 1, 2016

Postby MelodyOkie » January 9th, 2016, 5:00 pm

How interesting! I started a "generational challenge" in sims 4; it actually didn't start out that way - but "played out" that way and that is what it has become. Linda and I have had a lot of fun with it, but I've not moved on to Generation 5 because my generation 5 is still a child. Each generation actually completes the challenge as adults, but, they are able to build skills for it while they are children.

Anyway - this seems like something I would enjoy, if I made it back into Sims 3. :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 9th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Wow! I've only made it through the 3rd challenge Melody mentioned...I think I am into the 4th... :lol:

Maybe I can get back into it, or start something new.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby TeresaJo » January 10th, 2016, 3:14 am

I saw the challenge series Melody posted. I have done something similar in the past but I never make it past the 3rd generation. That is about where my attention span falters. This was done over 3 years, but in spurts, so I would play for a few weeks and then take a few months off. I finally got so close to the end that I made myself finish.
Active Story, Founding Generation | Babbling Brooks, an Insane Sims 4 Legacy
Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007 | All of my Completed Stories
TeresaJo
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » January 10th, 2016, 7:54 am

You are to be highly-commended for getting through the whole thing! :hooray: :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 10th, 2016, 3:21 pm

My challenge does not have to played "generationally"; it's how it's worked out for me, but I did not set-it up that way and it is open to choice. I found it to be more fun and interesting to play it that way, since it seems to take a sim life-time to complete anyway. Plus I've only been creating the next challenge as I complete the previous, since I don't know what direction I want to take the challenge in. In other words - I am pretty much making it up as I go along. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 10th, 2016, 9:10 pm

Right, and my attempts at those challenges have involved similar but different choices in evolution. If I can settle in again for a while, I might take some of my challenge family members and branch them off to other things.

One thing that I might do, since I can now upload my own You Tube videos as they get done, is do a mini-series taking a Sims 4 Sim through one of the old Sims 2 challenges I have on hand from some other sites...hmmm...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 10th, 2016, 10:16 pm

I really enjoyed the Sims 2 Challenges that were available and made an effort to recreate those for Sims 3, but then along came Sims 4... :evillaugh: I really do want to get back to my challenges I started with Sims 4, they really got me back into the game when I was thoroughly unhappy with Sims 4, I very much enjoyed doing those. That is my plan, as I have the time, to continue with my sims in Sims 4 as they strive to complete my challenges. Circumstances right now, means it will be slow going for awhile, but if I do anything in the sims - it will be completing my challenges, which I have found very interesting and fun when I am able to be in the game. :yeah: :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS3 Storytelling