2015 in Sims 3

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS3 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS3 section.

2015 in Sims 3

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 5:00 pm

As I am considering my game-play for 2015 and do I want to keep everything I have, which really slows things down as far as loading the game. The Launcher will only be needed at this point, if I wish to install my created content; otherwise it will be bypassed and I will be loading the game directly.

So - to begin, I need to think before I act. In the past, I've not done this and I've spent too much time having to reinstall everything. I really don't have enough time on this earth to go through all of that again. So I will start my story explaining how I got there in the first place. Well - I've not gotten there, yet. It seems to lie somewhere Into The Future.

Working backwards, this final EP is being considered. What has been decided is to keep it. It brings Advanced Technology skills and opportunities to Create-A-Bot. Even the time portal which I don't like how it is thrown into the world, still, unlike that ugly weather stone, it can at least be deleted, if I chose, or picked up and put into my Sims inventory - whether they carry it around in their pockets, or put in the family inventory; they can also place it on a community lot for all the sims to enjoy. :yeah: I also like the new community lot where our Sims can go there and even pick out a Sim-bot and build their skills. Haven't played much, yet, I can't remember if they can work there or not at this point. Still - it's a good addition to the game. I will keep this EP in my game and one day hope to play it.

I now have moved to Island Paradise. Also have never actually played this one. Is it worth keeping? The water taxi is not one of my favorite things - and seems to cause glitches in the game. It is around in all the worlds where ever there is water and really does not fit in except in the world that came with Island Paradise - maybe not even there. I do like that world, it sure is pretty!! And I adore the colorful bungalows and other lots. Don't care for the houseboats so much, nor this type of "hotel?" (resort) that it offers, but overall, it's such a quaint and lovely place!! Isla Paradiso will remain installed in my game. (sigh) :yeah:

As I contemplate my Sims Education, I have decided that Sims University is a "no brainer" and must stay in the game.

From Season to Season, this one is a Keeper. There are many things I do not like about this EP; however, there are even more things I love about this EP. I've decided I will just bury the Weather Stone - it is the thing I dislike the most. Meanwhile, my sims will enjoy the festivals and the seasons and so will I!!

The Supernatural haunts me. I do not like it at all. The only thing I like about this one are build/buy items that came with it. I don't care for the world that came with it and I don't care for the game-play that came with it and I especially don't care for any of the "Supernaturals" that came with it. There really isn't anything I like about this one except the "stuff" included, so this one is a great contender for deletion and will have to be set aside for further consideration on what to do with it.

Now it's Showtime!! I love this EP!! I was so against it at first because of the "Portal". I don't use the Portal at all, but I love what this EP brought to the game. So I will be keeping this one for sure. :yeah:

I struggle with Pets. Game pets do not enthuse me. I love the horses, but the game programming isn't written well for the horses and that makes it difficult. I do like the world that came with it as well, plus the lots - especially the community lots. I really do not like the fact, even if pets are turned off, they still show up in the game - my very own created sims end up with too many dogs or cats in their tiny little home where there is no room for them. Not good EA!! Although, this one should be on the shelf for further consideration - there is just too much I like that I would lose if I gave this one up - so it will remain in the game. (Drats!)

Through the generations I found I could take it or leave it and it really doesn't add a lot to my game-play except irritants; but it doesn't take away from it either ... so I will just leave it there and it really won't matter one way or the other.

Late Night is one of those that is difficult to decide. I believe it added more good things to the game play that I enjoy very much. I don't care, of course for the Vampires, but they can be turned off. I pretty much ignore the irritants of the paps; but those can be controlled as well - even turned off by turning off celebs (I think). Over all this is one I want to keep. :yeah:

Ambitions and World Adventures are no brainers - they are must have game play I do not want to lose. So I will definitely keep those two EP's in my game.

Let's see - that just leaves one that I really don't like but had a lot of good build/buy items in it that I do like. I can turn all those creates off and do not have to play in that world at all. So - I'm thinking my game will remain in-tact and I just need to get started on my 2015 Game-Player Sim!!

Happy New Year to you all AND See you next year!!
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 2015 in Sims 3

Postby lindawing » December 31st, 2014, 8:20 pm

Happy New Year to you and your Sims, too. Love the process you've been through. You ended up as I would have...with a sigh.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » December 31st, 2014, 9:58 pm

:hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 5th, 2015, 1:25 am

After starting to and stopping because there are so many worlds, so many homes, sims, etc. I've created; I had no idea where to start. It seemed a bit overwhelming. Then I decided to start last. It is at least a beginning. What I've done was taken my creations I did for Life Stories and I've rearranged and placed them in Riverview. It turned out to be a pretty nifty fit for them. I carry them around in my library because they have become my favorite creations and I use them as often as possible wherever I happen to land. In this case - it's Riverview. Some nice pictures to get this story started:

Game Shot 1.jpg
It is Winter and the Christmas Lights have been strung.
Game Shot 1.jpg (358.27 KiB) Viewed 625 times

Tall Tales.jpg
The Barista always loves to hear the Tall Tales that get spun over drinks
Tall Tales.jpg (178.46 KiB) Viewed 625 times

Karaoke.jpg
Who doesn't like to have a bit of fun singing in a mike, who cares if it's in tune or not.
Karaoke.jpg (241.84 KiB) Viewed 625 times

Moonshine.jpg
How nice to sit under the stars in the park for a last sip of their favorite drink before heading home
Moonshine.jpg (353.51 KiB) Viewed 625 times

Idiosyncracies.jpg
And of course there are always those little surprises thrown at us. Unchecking all those boxes so we don't have mysterious creatures lurking about ... (sigh)
Idiosyncracies.jpg (273.27 KiB) Viewed 625 times

At the moment, I've left Dylan Kincaid in the Future. He and I have been trying to figure out how he can purchase one of my homes while he's there, so that he has a place to hang out whenever he visits his Descendants. They seem to be avoiding him, though. I wonder if it has anything to do with his History of kidnapping, stealing, and just overall low down no good genes and his criminal career path they are trying to overcome? No one here knows what type of character that is hidden in their closet, buried in the past. They sure don't want it knocking on their front door.

(to be continued)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 5th, 2015, 2:28 am

Great idea, Melody! Looking forward to seeing more of you story-telling photos! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 5th, 2015, 2:26 pm

I am enjoying going back into the past and playing in Sims 3. There is so much for the Sims to do. I'm not sure I will spend time in Sims 2 - unless I feel the need to eat out. :evillaugh: Otherwise, Sims 3 actually offers more to do, more opportunities and so many beautiful choices. Besides, I have 3 of my favorite Sims 2 worlds with the Sims and the homes in Sims 3 that will be a must to play in as the year advances. Although I love the Jordan Run Estates neighborhood I've set up with the Wellspring of Magic homes and sims (in Sims 4). There's nothing for them to do at the moment and that gets a bit boring and tiring after awhile. Sims 3 actually has the best and most interesting as well as the most beautiful game-play. I'm looking forward to Dylan finally meeting up with his descendants. Adventures will be next once he gets home and I move on to the next Sim. :yeah: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 6th, 2015, 12:42 am

Laughing about the eating out! :lol: It'll be fun to see whatever way you go with all this. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 6th, 2015, 1:35 am

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » January 6th, 2015, 10:58 am

What a cool process of un-elimination Melody! Hoping you have fun :joy:
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 6th, 2015, 1:57 pm

Thank you Lisa!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 10th, 2015, 2:11 am

Well, I actually finally got my work done today that I started yesterday, but should have done on Tuesday. (sigh) Anyway - I had a little play time and I am so happy that I finally figured out how Dylan could purchase one of my created homes while he was in the Future!! Also, Dylan finally got one of his descendants to answer the door and let him in. So he introduced himself and hugged his descendants - They weren't too thrilled about that and didn't seem overly happy to meet him at all. They refused to let him stay with them, so it's good I figured out how to purchase that home!! Meanwhile, he was staying across the street in an empty house there, then he spent a night at the base. He flew around with his little jet pack, explored the barren area, met a simbot, tasted some future food and a had a future drink. Took a futuristic purple shower. Then when he moved into his new home, he had a house party. He invited his descendants, his future guide and the simbot he met. He made hotdogs for them. He waited, and waited; but no one came. He called his descendants to invite them over again to his party - but they didn't want to come. I felt so sorry for him. He was so disappointed and sad. I decided, well - it's time for him to go home.

Meeting Descendants.jpg
Meeting Descendants.jpg (169.72 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Purchasing Future Home.jpg
Purchasing Future Home.jpg (252.48 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Planning House Party.jpg
Planning House Party.jpg (293.29 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Returning Home.jpg
Returning Home.jpg (327.22 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Glad to be back.jpg
Glad to be back.jpg (366.61 KiB) Viewed 597 times

If I get a chance to play tomorrow, I will move on to Agora Tchotchke. She will be traveling - but not to the future...
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 10th, 2015, 2:16 am

How terribly sad! I haven't actually tried meeting any descendants in the future. Have just messed around a tiny bit with it. I'll have to go back in and try that someday.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 10th, 2015, 2:24 am

I was pleasantly surprised that at least the one actually looked like Dylan! There were only 2 in the household that were descendants - the others seemed to be just a family living with them and a different color. Didn't look like they really belonged there. It will be interesting to see if, when I get back round to him and take him back again, if that family is still there with his descendants.

When we first got the EP, I took a sim to the future and one of the first things I did was look up any descendants. In that instance, they were happy to meet the sim and let the sim stay with them. I found it amusing that was not the case with Dylan. Dylan, in Life Stories was not a nice guy. He had kidnapped the aunt with the help of Agora and was trying to steal all her money. In Riverview, Dylan remains true to character and is in the criminal field. So it seemed quite appropriate that they didn't really want anything to do with him. Still sad though.... :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » January 10th, 2015, 2:44 am

Interesting that the descendants had that memory, then! Wow!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » January 10th, 2015, 4:26 pm

:uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS3 Storytelling