Autumn Island October

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS3 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS3 section.

Autumn Island October

Postby MelodyOkie » October 31st, 2014, 3:57 pm

Having had Autumn Island come round on my desktop for it's background, it has made me so homesick for our time with Sims 3. All the wonderful worlds we've created, all the beautiful homes and sims; specifically it has made me homesick for Autumn Island.

I decided today, I will play my Sims 3. Making sure Autumn Island was installed, as well as all of my creations for it and the other islands, I had in mind combining them for this "treat" for me.

Whew - have I really been gone this long? I'm finding lapses in memory on how to do this and that. At least I've not been gone so long that I can't figure it out fairly quickly.

Autumn Island October will be a unique place for me. The Central park has been replaced with one of my churches. It's lot a bit smaller, which has allowed for a few fun additions, like a swing set and tree house - so the "Park" is not completely lost. Of course the bbq and pick-nick tables were already there, making this an excellent place for my sims to spend, not only their free Sunday's, but any day of the week will do.

The 4 Residences consist of The Theory's of course, with their home created specifically for Autumn Island; the Alternates and their home that was created for Spring Island; The Thar's and their home, created for Summer Island and then there is Winter Island. Poor Winter Island never to be complete. So this actually works out very well, because the family (The Bottie's) and their home will fit nicely, right here on Autumn Island October. Then there are the Fullers - the extra family I created - they get to live in one of the bunkers I created for the NPC's. It never hurts to have extra underground living for those extra's...

I am thoroughly enjoying my time in Sims 3. I truly miss the game play and all the options, plus I still prefer creating in Sims 3; whether it's a sim or a house, or a community lot - the sky is the limit (well - actually, there are NO LIMITS to our creativity in Sims 3).

As I continue to customize this wonderful island for this particular gameplay idea of mine; I will relish every moment.

:friends:

I have just completed setting up my little island. As anxious as I am to get in there and start playing, I have rl things I have to work on first. But I am so happy how quickly this island was made ready and I'm certainly ready to play!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Autumn Island October

Postby lindawing » October 31st, 2014, 7:09 pm

Hooray! This reminds me that I need to get Tranquility Ridge finished and published.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » October 31st, 2014, 8:28 pm

:joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » November 1st, 2014, 3:12 pm

That's so wonderful, Melody! I miss playing TS3 too. Have fun! :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 1st, 2014, 6:20 pm

Thanks Carrie! I've even ventured in to Sims 2 for a few moments. Now, it's time to get back to 4, though. I was getting quite frustrated with a build I am doing because of the limitations in design and creativity possibilities in 4. If it were just any old build for myself, it wouldn't matter so much, but it's a request for a replica of a real home I did in 3 that turned out so well and I can't do in 4 what I did in 3 because of the design limitations, exterior and interior. We just don't have now what I had then and after starting it over for the 3rd time, I had to take a break and regroup. :uhhuh: Sims 3 and Autumn Island was just the ticket. :yeah: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 1st, 2014, 9:03 pm

Hooray!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 1st, 2014, 9:29 pm

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » November 2nd, 2014, 2:50 pm

:joy: :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 2nd, 2014, 6:50 pm

:hug-group-6y: Funny thing - I went back into Sims 4 and managed to do one wall. Yes, just one wall has been completed towards the requested home I am creating .... one wall. That is sad. :yeah: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 2nd, 2014, 10:34 pm

So sorry, Melody! :-(
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 2nd, 2014, 11:58 pm

I've managed to get the other 3 outside walls up, on both the 1st and 2nd floors, as well as the windows, doors, steps and roofing on. Now I can go inside and see if I can get the layout right for the home. It will be quite different from the Sims 3 version because of the lack of choices we have in all areas; however, I think it will still be recognizable for what it is supposed to be. :uhhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 3rd, 2014, 3:16 am

I would imagine--given your building skills and attention to detail--that it will be as lovely as the other one, even if missing a few things. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » November 3rd, 2014, 3:58 am

I wish it were just a few things. But I will do what I can. Don't have the right type of windows, can't customize the foundation to make it appear as if it has a basement/cellar with windows; don't have any sheers for the windows (and no drapes that can be made to work as if they are sheers) - no washers or dryers for a utility room ... and the list goes on. (sigh)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » November 3rd, 2014, 8:13 am

True...sigh...
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS3 Storytelling