Larissa Delaney

This is a public forum where you may tell your TS3 Sims stories. Please don't add downloadable files here. Those should go into the appropriate areas within the TS3 section.

Larissa Delaney

Postby MelodyOkie » June 3rd, 2014, 7:12 pm

This is the life and times of Larissa Delaney.

Larissa Delaney came to existence in the mind of Jan Fields as she wrote Wellspring of Magic for her daughter, Rachel. She came into being as a Sim a few years ago when I created a contest centering around the 6 girls from Wellspring of Magic.

Larissa preferred to be called "Rissa". Rissa and her Dad, who used to be a police detective in Indianapolis, but became Chief of Police in Portal; had moved after her Mom died in a tragic car accident.

Larissa and her Dad recently moved once again, to Monopoly. He continues his career in Law Inforcement and Rissa just recently celebrated her Birthday. She is now officially a Teenager. A very intelligent young lady, she earned a University Diploma while she was still in elementary school.

Having taken a field trip to the Restaurant the day before her Birthday, Rissa has become very interested in "cuisine" and is now considering a Chef's career. She plans on going back to Univeristy to study the fine art of dining.

Rissa hopes to make every moment of her Teen years memorable.

A few pictures I snapped as Larissa became a Teen and the beginning of Her Life Story:

1 Larissa Delaney.jpg
Larissa as a child, soon after moving to Monopoly
1 Larissa Delaney.jpg (138.81 KiB) Viewed 487 times

2 Birthday Time.jpg
Larissa was very excited when her Birthday came round. At that age - we always want to be "Older" and Rissa is no different.
2 Birthday Time.jpg (90.32 KiB) Viewed 487 times

3 Birthday Cake.jpg
Even though her Birthday snuck up on her dad - so there was no "Party", no invites for others to share this occasion with them - he found a really awesome cake!!
3 Birthday Cake.jpg (110.89 KiB) Viewed 487 times

4 Growing Up.jpg
Her Dad is so great! He bought her some make-up for her Birthday. She could hardly wait to put some on.
4 Growing Up.jpg (132.39 KiB) Viewed 487 times

5 Going to School.jpg
Larissa begins her first day of school as a teen
5 Going to School.jpg (313.44 KiB) Viewed 487 times

6 Library and School.jpg
Larissa attends a small community school right across the street from her house. She still rides the bus - because it's fun!!
6 Library and School.jpg (285.39 KiB) Viewed 487 times

7 Snowing at School and Library.jpg
This time of her life has really started out so special. It even snowed for her first full day as a Teen!!
7 Snowing at School and Library.jpg (283.55 KiB) Viewed 487 times

8 Home in the Snow.jpg
And it continued to snow all day!!
8 Home in the Snow.jpg (262.88 KiB) Viewed 487 times

Rissa will spend her Teen years studying and learning, as she continues to mature. She has great plans for her future, which includes attending University, then traveling to several different countries to sample their cuisine and learn new recipes as she strives to become a "Master Chef".

This is only the beginning ...
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Larissa Delaney

Postby lindawing » June 3rd, 2014, 9:43 pm

That's so cool! Thanks for sharing, Melody!

How did you get a small school?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 3rd, 2014, 11:12 pm

I wanted to use my Library I had Created (pictured) and decided to put the school underground. But I did not want to use those large schools, so I used the small one from Lunar Lakes, built a small building to house the elevator down to it. Of course, talking about it made me question, why didn't I just build my small building around it and leave it on the same level as my Library? Next time I'll do that. I love those Lunar Lakes rabbit holes!! They are perfect for incorporating into your own creation. Also in Monopoly - I've used that beautiful large theatre from the store, but as you know, it does not "act" like the rabbit hole theatre and can't be used for the jobs, etc. So - there again, I put an elevator behind it and below is another Lunar Lakes rabbit hole - the theatre. So now, the theatre is all it's supposed to be!! Again - next time I will build around the rabbit hole, rather than bury it. :doh: :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 4th, 2014, 5:08 am

That's a great idea! I've never used those Lunar Lakes RHs in anything, because they're from the store, but probably most people have them, anyway, right?
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 4th, 2014, 12:43 pm

Well, the world and all that is in it is a "Store World". Although I loved it when they produced it and scooped it up right away - there were so many other Simmers at the time that hated it and refused to buy it. So - I don't know if most would have it by now. It depends on how many may have changed their minds. The Library itself, which I created for Kim's New Orleans style world, I modified in order to use it as both a Library and School for that spot in Monopoly and is for my own personal use. I love those New Orleans style creations! I've also used the Residential Apartments I had created for it, here in this Monopoly I'm playing right now. I may take another world and see if I can have an area just for these builds. They would probably work very well in the world that came with Island Paradise!! :yeah: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 4th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Larissa settles into her new Teen self.

Larissa is intent on doing well in school so she can get into the best college. She spends many hours with her homework, her studies, her reading and learning.

1 Homework.jpg
1 Homework.jpg (245.07 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Larissa has taken over the cooking chores. Her first "Brunch" item - PB&J!! She was very pleased with how it turned out and even her Father enjoyed this delectable dish.

2 PB&J.jpg
2 PB&J.jpg (184.58 KiB) Viewed 479 times

3 Yum.jpg
3 Yum.jpg (126.9 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Part of Larissa's Birthday Surprise from her Dad was a Gift Card to be used for a new wardrobe. She had quickly outgrown her clothes on her Birthday and really did need a new set. Since the Bookstore was right behind the Salon, Larissa decided to use some of her funds to purchase as many cookbooks and information on cooking as she could.
So off she went. Spending more than her gift would allow, but she thought it was important to her education and did not think her Dad would mind. Afterwards, she headed over to the Salon for her new clothes.

4 To the Store.jpg
4 To the Store.jpg (146.08 KiB) Viewed 479 times

5 Buying new clothes is so much fun!.jpg
5 Buying new clothes is so much fun!.jpg (135.44 KiB) Viewed 479 times

To her surprise, she received a visit from a college mascot, who left her a package of information and goodies to help her in her search for a college and to encourage her to keep up the good work!

6 College Goodies.jpg
6 College Goodies.jpg (247.78 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Larissa had no intentions of letting anyone down and decided to take some professional cooking courses as well as learning a little about mixed drinks. She headed over to The Bistro where she knew she would get excellent instructions - as well as be able to sample a little fine dining. While she was there a protestor decided to make a scene outside the restaurant yelling someting about fat people, lazy people, couch potatoes, and so on. There's always one in every crowd, isn't there?

7 Protestor.jpg
7 Protestor.jpg (370.45 KiB) Viewed 479 times

Larissa had just finished her classes and dining experience when she received a call reminding her about the "Formal Dance". She had totally forgotten about it and actually didn't plan on attending, since she hadn't really met anyone and would have to go alone. Everyone else would be bringing dates. However, she was already dressed for the occasion, so why not stop by for a little while. Turns out it was the Prom!! Already? Well - it seems she had a great time and got to dance. Although it did not help her socializing skills at all.

8 Dressed for a Formal Dance.jpg
8 Dressed for a Formal Dance.jpg (60.94 KiB) Viewed 479 times

The next day Larissa was invited to go home with Leroy Ballard after school.

9 Ballard.jpg
9 Ballard.jpg (413.1 KiB) Viewed 479 times

It is good that Rissa is finally making new friends. It's too bad Leroy had to go to work at his part-time job almost as soon as they arrived at his house. David had already left for work. Leroy and David both had taken part-time jobs at the grocery to earn a little money to help their Mom out. Their Dad had run off with his secretary a few years back and left their Mom to raise the 3 kiddos all by herself. Their sister was home to entertain Rissa until they got off work. However, Rissa decided to take the opportunity to do her homework and studies while she waited on Leroy to return. Unfortunately, the hour was late by that time and Rissa had to go home - so they didn't get a chance to really get to know each other at all. Maybe next time. Who knows, maybe Leroy will ask her out on a date over the weekend.

Meanwhile, Rissa's Dad has decided to join the Vice Squad and is doing very well in that new position. He's even been offered an Athletic career, but turned it down. He prefers the job of "protector" and doing what he can to keep Monopoly safe.
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 4th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Great story! I love all the little twists and turns. Sure wish I had a couple of those "gift cards!!!" :roftl:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 5th, 2014, 12:27 am

Thank you Linda! I sure would love one of those gift cards too!! :evillaugh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 6th, 2014, 2:36 am

All Work and No Play is No Fun

Exciting things happened over the last couple of days for Larissa. First of all, her Prom pictures came in. What was surprising, the dress she wore into the Prom is not what she was wearing when the picture was taken. It's a really great picture, though and Larissa had a very good time.

1 Prom Picture.jpg
1 Prom Picture.jpg (166.98 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Spring had arrived and Larissa enjoyed studying on the back balcony.

2 Studies.jpg
2 Studies.jpg (259.69 KiB) Viewed 472 times

She also had lots of fun trying out new recipes. Her Dad enjoyed this too - but not so much the clean up afterwards while she did her homework!

3 Trying new Recipes.jpg
3 Trying new Recipes.jpg (322.11 KiB) Viewed 472 times

She was so happy when Dustin Broke invited her home after school this week.

4 Home with Dustin.jpg
4 Home with Dustin.jpg (246.64 KiB) Viewed 472 times

She was so tickled to meet his little brother, Beau.

5 Beau Broke.jpg
5 Beau Broke.jpg (97.68 KiB) Viewed 472 times

It was sad, though, because he had no place to sleep. His baby crib still sat in the living room.

6 Inside Broke Before.jpg
6 Inside Broke Before.jpg (308.92 KiB) Viewed 472 times

It was such an honor when Brandi asked for her help in doing a little rearranging and adding some furniture.

7 New Living and Dining.jpg
7 New Living and Dining.jpg (186.23 KiB) Viewed 472 times

9 Broke Home After.jpg
9 Broke Home After.jpg (322.25 KiB) Viewed 472 times

8 New Desk in Kitchen.jpg
8 New Desk in Kitchen.jpg (258.74 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Larissa really enjoyed Brandi's company and spent sometime after the remodel just relaxing with her watching TV.

10 Relaxing with Brandi.jpg
10 Relaxing with Brandi.jpg (246.6 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Larissa seemed to have a knack for this - maybe if the cooking business doesn't work out, she can go into home design... or not.

The Spring Festival was in town this weekend and Larissa went with her Dad. It was kind of fun riding around in his police cruiser.

11 Riding with Dad.jpg
11 Riding with Dad.jpg (212.08 KiB) Viewed 472 times

She was so glad they took the time to get a family picture of the two of them while they were there.

12 Spring Pic.jpg
12 Spring Pic.jpg (56.67 KiB) Viewed 472 times

Time is flying by. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done that she wants to accomplish! How she wishes there were a way to stop the clock, if even for just 1 day...
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 6th, 2014, 7:12 pm

Wow! What a busy and productive young lady! She's so pretty! I didn't know the family could ride in the personal cruiser like that! Woot!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 6th, 2014, 7:17 pm

I didn't either. Before I started actual game play, I had gone through to clean up all the lemons and junk heaps - deleting them off all the community lots, then going into each family and deleting them out of their pockets. Since he was employed with the Police Department, he already had the police cruiser in his pocket and it has become his main source of travel. I was so pleased when they went to the festival they both hopped into his cruiser!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 7th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Weekend Fun

It was quite an exciting weekend for Larissa. Starting with a Spring Dance, she was happy her friend Dustin Broke was named the Spring Dance King. She was surprised, however, that Olive Spector was named the Spring Dance Queen. After all, Olive was an Adult and even had a child!! Of course she was a bit jealous that she was not the one who won that title and then could spend the rest of the dance with her crush - Dustin.
That was Friday night.

The circus was in town and Saturday morning, she and her Dad got up early to go to it.
Her first stop at the circus was the Carousel!! She loved Carousel's and could hardly wait to ride!!

1 Circus.jpg
1 Circus.jpg (416.01 KiB) Viewed 465 times

2 Riding A.jpg
2 Riding A.jpg (412.36 KiB) Viewed 465 times

3 Riding B.jpg
3 Riding B.jpg (320.02 KiB) Viewed 465 times

4 Riding C.jpg
4 Riding C.jpg (310.76 KiB) Viewed 465 times

5 Riding D.jpg
5 Riding D.jpg (329.41 KiB) Viewed 465 times

6 Riding E.jpg
6 Riding E.jpg (370.94 KiB) Viewed 465 times

7 Riding F.jpg
7 Riding F.jpg (386.79 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Unfortunately, rain dampened the fun and they had to rush home.

8 Rain.jpg
8 Rain.jpg (414.38 KiB) Viewed 465 times

9 Rain.jpg
9 Rain.jpg (333.81 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Larissa was so wound up that she could not sleep that night and kept hearing the strangest noises, almost like groaning. Seems the the circus must of stirred up the spirits at the graveyard.

10 Graveyard.jpg
10 Graveyard.jpg (347.81 KiB) Viewed 465 times

One of the Spirits was so restless, she left and made her way to haunt the Junkyard!

11 Escape.jpg
11 Escape.jpg (166.67 KiB) Viewed 465 times

12 Haunting.jpg
12 Haunting.jpg (243.08 KiB) Viewed 465 times

Sunday, Larissa spent studying and preparing for the week ahead.
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 7th, 2014, 6:33 pm

Fantastic! Love the circus venue. It looks so cool!!! What a treat for Larissa!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 7th, 2014, 7:18 pm

It was a good way to check it out. It was fun watching the antics of the sims as they rode! :yeah:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby SeriphinaFyie » June 8th, 2014, 6:08 pm

The pictures of them at the circus are great! Love the story so far!! :joy:
SeriphinaFyie
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Next

Return to TS3 Storytelling