Christmas Quilt--The World Itself

This is a public forum. Read about and download The Christmas Quilt world.

Christmas Quilt--The World Itself

Postby lindawing » March 30th, 2014, 4:27 am

Though it's a uniquely stylized world with red roads and green lots (to echo traditional Christmas colors) that is completely flat, Christmas Quilt is totally functional. It even includes a swimmable coastline and two seasonal parks (one of them a festival lot).

ChristmasQuilt-Icon.png
ChristmasQuilt-Icon.png (103.98 KiB) Viewed 561 times

The world comes with all the Rabbit Holes and other community lots plus a few of the "collectible" residences embedded. This was 2012 Christmas project, but it is ongoing, and anyone may add anything to it at any time, so you may want to come back and look for other lots to add to your game, from time to time.

Because it's a work in progress, you should consider that any EPs or SPs may have been used in any given lot. Some of the lots also contain free, seasonal store items. Even if you don't have these items in your game, the world and the lots will work for you. The game will just substitute items that you will have to work around and replace if necessary.

If you just want to download the Community Lots separately, you will find them HERE.

The Residential Lots can be downloaded HERE.

Sims that were created for Christmas Quilt can be found HERE.

Any member may create Collectible residences and/or families for download, at any time. Just upload them to the forums listed above.

ALL RESIDENCES should be some sort of a typical New England style home. The idea for this quilt came from this website:

Department 56's New England Village

Feel free to build as many as you like, using any of these little collectible village houses, or other similar designs.

After you download and install the world...

...you may want to also add my SAVED WORLD FILE, that includes all of the residences and Sims we developed before the end of November 2012...

CQ-World-112112.jpg
CQ-World-112112.jpg (449.57 KiB) Viewed 561 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Christmas Quilt--The World Itself

Postby MelodyOkie » July 16th, 2014, 3:28 pm

For this particular link - I get a page with code on it, but no file. Oh, well .... :tmi: (I've not had a problem with the other links for the worlds I've been dl'g today. I'm re-dl'g due to my clean install and will add back into my game as I can.) Right now - this is the only one I've not had success with. However - I may have it somewhere in one of my preserved folders I have, just for times like this. :yeah: )
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 16th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Melody--I just checked the link, and found that I never had gone back and uploaded this one as a .zip file. I've now taken care of that, and changed the link in the first post. Here it is again:

http://www.neighborlysimscraft.com/lind ... 112612.zip

Sorry about missing this one once we discovered it was all about the zip files! :ohoh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » July 16th, 2014, 6:58 pm

Oh, Thank You!! That is great!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » July 17th, 2014, 1:23 am

You're welcome, Melody. ;-)