TMON--Saved World

Download "The Middle of Nowhere." The world has only one developed lot on it. The rest of the world is downloadable in separate Lots and Sims. Some spaces have more than one alternative...you choose which one you want to use in YOUR world. This is a public forum.

TMON--Saved World

Postby lindawing » June 13th, 2014, 4:47 am

TMON-Redux02-Save01.jpg
TMON-Redux02-Save01.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 901 times

TMON-Redux02-Save02.jpg
TMON-Redux02-Save02.jpg (630.52 KiB) Viewed 901 times

In this saved world, I use a completely random selection of the available lots. In the Lots and Sims download forums for TMON, you will find quite a few alternate lot selections. I just chose the ones for this save as they came up in my game library. I didn't try to favor one creator over another or to not favor one creator over another. I just put the lots in as they came up.

Then I moved the Sims into the lots for which they were planned, if possible, and when I ran out of those designed combinations, I made sure that all the remaining Sims were moved into lots that would work for their family sizes. When I finished housing all the Sims who were created for the world, I still had one open residence, so I moved in a surprise family that can't be downloaded anywhere else at NSC. You will know when you find them, because they are distinctly different than the other Sims in The Middle of Nowhere. ;-)

Because this world is jam-packed with both residential and community lots, and because all of the residences are full (see one exception, below), you may experience some lag or hesitation as you play the world. If necessary, you might have to delete some of the residential lots in order for your game to play more smoothly. I can play the world on my computer, but there is some hesitation. I know my computer isn't the best one around, but it's not the worst, either. I hope your world-play experience is good.

About that one empty residential lot...I chose to move the combined Golden family into Cinnamon Heights 01. The family has enough funds to allow Beau, his wife Belle, and their daughter Bonita to move to Chestnut Terrace 04, which is the house that Lynn designed for them. The triplets (Beau's sisters--designed by Lisa) will be left with a zero balance in their bank account, but you can easily go back and play them for at least a few minutes, and give them as much money you want them to have, using "motherlode."

Because of my internet connection right now, I've divided up this 30.4 MB .zip file into seven pieces. You will need to download all of the pieces shown below. Make sure all seven parts are in a single folder somewhere on your hard drive. Then double-click on the #1 part, and it will automatically create the extracted save folder inside that same folder where the parts are. You may also right-click on the #1 part and choose to "extract here," or whatever your installed archival software allows with a right-click. The save folder will be created the same way.

Once you have the unzipped "The Middle of Nowhere.sims3" folder, you can either copy or move that to your game's Saves folder: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. You must, of course, have The Middle of Nowhere world installed, before the save will do you any good. You can download the world HERE.

Download Part 1 of the Save File
Download Part 2 of the Save File
Download Part 3 of the Save File
Download Part 4 of the Save File
Download Part 5 of the Save File
Download Part 6 of the Save File
Download Part 7 of the Save File
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TMON--Saved World

Postby MelodyOkie » June 13th, 2014, 1:05 pm

Very nice! I will definitely update my T-Mon with the latest world and with your saves. That will "Save" me lots of time placing everything individually!! :joy: :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 13th, 2014, 9:59 pm

:hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 14th, 2014, 1:44 am

I decided to see if I could do something with these files, but just like with the world, WinZip doesn't seem to know what to do with them and does not recognize them as zip files although the have the .zip ending on them. When my program doesn't work, or know, then I can't figure out what is going on with it. I don't know if it's the extension, or what, but I can't do anything with the dl's. The world or the saved files. :doh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 14th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Neither can Lisa. It's Winzip. It's old, old, old technology.

If you download peazip, it will do the job quickly and easily.

Either that or you could get 7zip, which isn't as good as peazip, but it also will do the job quickly and easily.

Either program, once installed, should put a right-click option in your mouse menu for you. When you right-click on the first part of the zip (for either this one or the world file), just choose Extract Here, and the file will be automatically connected and unzipped for you in the same directory.

I can't upload the full files right now. I'm trying to get internet stuff mended to where I can, but I don't know if it will happen. I might be able to get Patty to help, though, since she has already downloaded and recombined the files, and she can upload them to the website for me.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 14th, 2014, 9:04 pm

Thanks Linda. Peazip is a pretty neat tool. I have the files now and Peazip has done it's job. Thank you so much!! :joy:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 14th, 2014, 9:24 pm

You're welcome. So happy it worked! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TMON--The World Itself