The World--DOWNLOAD

Download "The Middle of Nowhere." The world has only one developed lot on it. The rest of the world is downloadable in separate Lots and Sims. Some spaces have more than one alternative...you choose which one you want to use in YOUR world. This is a public forum.

The World--DOWNLOAD

Postby lindawing » March 15th, 2014, 8:27 pm

TMON-Redux02-Overview.jpg
TMON-Redux02-Overview.jpg (457.91 KiB) Viewed 988 times

As of June 12, 2014, The Middle of Nowhere has been updated and replaced (for the second time in 30 days). Several things happened to the world when Seasons came out, which changed the way beach lots work. Also, another anomaly happened to TMON at that time, up on Elm Hill. There was a small lot up there (Cherry Hill Park) that was no longer viable...not because of the lot itself, but because of the lot placeholder, and how it worked after Seasons came out. There was another small problem up on Elm Hill that I fixed, as well, and I fixed the huge beach rock that was out of place over at Cypress Mesa (at the coastline). Then, after the release just previous to this, I discovered that the City Dock and the Flea Market (both coastal lots that I hadn't thought about having troubles with the new coastline), were bad, and would crash the game if any building or buying was attempted on the lots. :ohno:

The beach lots (for Palm Beach) have all been reworked to correctly interface with the game now. Any changes will be addressed in the lot topics. The City Dock and the Flea Market have now been replaced, as well.

While I was at it, I redid the "hub" area, and made it back into a single lot, with the butterfly dome on it. It's a hangout, with four activity areas in the basement, I named it "Cypress Mesa Convention Center." I also added a dive well to the Science Center right next door, that will transport Sims to the basement of the the Convention Center.

Additionally, I had to make some changes to Lynn's Stadium lot, since it had things sticking out over the borders, that were affecting the routing in the world when that lot was installed. Also, the cypress trees on the lot kept sinking. Those problems have now been solved.

Down in Willow Flats, I connected Kim's two junkyards and her criminal warehouse with a full set of dive wells, also.

Then I made sure all the lots had placeholder names. So there were quite a few changes for this second redux of TMON.

Due to making the changes now, The Middle of Nowhere should be considered to have been created using the Base Game, all EPs, all SPs, and all available patches. There are no CC and no store items included in the world, which has no lots embedded in it. All lots may be downloaded from the subforums for this world.

Also, I've uploaded a saved game that you may download. I used a random choice of the available lots, and I added Sims to the save. Every residential lot (except one) has tenants. The empty lot (Chestnut Terrace 04) is for the Beau Golden Family, who are presently visiting his sisters, The Golden Triplets, up at Cinnamon Hill 03. They have enough money to move out of that residence, and move into their real home, while they keep their relationship with the triplets.

When you go to the download pages for the Lots and Sims, you'll notice that every subject line has the name of at least one spaceholder code from the map, at the end of the subject, in parenthesis. If you print out the maps below, you shouldn't have any problem matching anything up. If you have any questions, please feel free to post a reply in the topic where you found the download.

TMON-Redux02-Map01.jpg
TMON-Redux02-Map01.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 988 times

TMON-Redux02-Map02.jpg
TMON-Redux02-Map02.jpg (566.5 KiB) Viewed 988 times

DOWNLOAD Part 1 of the updated world
DOWNLOAD Part 2 of the updated world

Once you've downloaded both parts of the zip file, right-click on the first part and choose to Extract Here (or whatever term your archival software uses). The two parts will be automatically combined as the extracting process continues. Install the resulting Sims3Pack as usual.

ENJOY!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The World--DOWNLOAD

Postby MelodyOkie » June 13th, 2014, 2:26 pm

Linda, there seems to be a problem with the zipped file for the world. I've dl'd several times and tried to unzip, however I get this message when I try: Invalid compressed data to extract. I've not encountered this problem before, extracting a sims package file from a zipped folder. :uhuh:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 13th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Blast it! I didn't test the .zip file before I uploaded it. It's definitely broken (I have NOW tested it). I have rezipped it, and will re-upload it. Please forgive me!

It should be up by no later than 5 PM (central) today. I'll post here when the update is finished.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 13th, 2014, 9:31 pm

Oh, that is good then! I will look forward to it! I'm so glad it's just a matter of re-uploading it!! Thank you Linda!! :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 13th, 2014, 10:01 pm

Melody...it's up. I ended up having to do it in two parts...like I did the save. I'll have to tell you the story about our internet soon...different things happening here.

Both Patty and Andrea were able to download the two parts, then use the first part to get the 17.5 MB .Sims3Pack file. Remember...just extract the first part. You don't have to extract anything else.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 14th, 2014, 12:15 am

Will do! Thank you!! :joy: :friends:

OK - I'm having trouble with these two files. They aren't saving like a true zip file and my zip program isn't giving an option to unzip it or extract either one. So maybe I don't know how to work with this type of file, since it isn't actually a "package" file? (I can't extract or unzip - WinZip does not recognize these as zip files.)

Unfortunately, in anticipation of the new files and all, I did not back up the old when I uninstalled and then proceeded to delete all the old files. :doh: :uhuh:

(Right clicking - "Windows does not recognize the file type" ; I finally get the file added to WinZip and it does nothing - it does not unzip or extract it as a Sims 3 Package file ... but only as what it is over and over and no combining, and "Windows can't open this file". My computer just does not recognize this type file.)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 14th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Neither can Lisa. It's Winzip. It's old, old, old technology.

If you download peazip, it will do the job quickly and easily.

Either that or you could get 7zip, which isn't as good as peazip, but it also will do the job quickly and easily.

Either program, once installed, should put a right-click option in your mouse menu for you. When you right-click on the first part of the zip (for either this one or the world file), just choose Extract Here, and the file will be automatically connected and unzipped for you in the same directory.

I can't upload the full files right now. I'm trying to get internet stuff mended to where I can, but I don't know if it will happen. I might be able to get Patty to help, though, since she has already downloaded and recombined the files, and she can upload them to the website for me.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » June 14th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Thank you Linda! I will check out peazip real quick and see if I can't work it that way. :uhhuh: :friends:

Peazip worked!! I think I like Peazip!! :joy: :uhhuh: :friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 14th, 2014, 8:59 pm

WOOT!!! :hooray: :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TMON--The World Itself