Howdy!

Hello there! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of NS, please do this for the new, recombined Neighborly SimsCraft forum. Thanks!

Howdy!

Postby Ahsitael » April 28th, 2016, 12:31 am

Hello, everyone! I'm sort of terrible at this sort of thing, but I suppose this is an introduction. I bought a few of the older sims games back in the day, the last one being 3. My old desktop couldn't run TS3 and so it sat in a desk ever since it's release--until last year when I found it worked quite decently on my laptop. I'm still fairly new to the game, spending most of my time decorating or building homes.

Other games I play recently include Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Minecraft, World of Warcraft, and Stardew Valley.

After finding Wendy's lots on TS3 website, I started searching for more of them and that search lead me here. Thanks to Miss Linda for granting me membership!

I'm usually a quiet and reserved person who spends most of my time in forums reading, but never commenting. So, hi, I'm Ahsitael! Both here, and TS3, going by Aellanii on TS forums. c:
Where words fail, music speaks.
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Re: Howdy!

Postby lindawing » April 28th, 2016, 3:34 am

First things first...my grandson Ethan says to tell you that he read your intro and you need to know that he has played the original Pokemon Ruby, but not the Omega Ruby. He also plays (as do I) Minecraft. ;-)

I'm a WoW player, but haven't played in two years, now. I got tired of (and couldn't afford) the $14.99/month. I gave all my guilds to Beau (another member here). ;-)

Melody Okie (here) is back into playing TS3 again. I'm sure you'll really enjoy her TS3 Creator's Corner, Melody Lane, which can be found here: viewforum.php?f=68.

Please let me know if there's anything of Wendy's that you were hoping to find, that you couldn't. I THINK all of the TS3 stuff is up, but I'm not absolutely sure. I believe I have everything on my computer. I say it that way, because one of my hard drives recently "passed away." I'm pretty sure I had already moved Wendy's files off of that drive, but...if I'm missing anything, Carrie (psychedelicsim) has her copy.

Anyway...nice to meet you, and I hope you have a good time finding stuff to use in your game, while you're here. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ahsitael » April 28th, 2016, 4:06 am

Oh, I've played the original Pokemon Ruby as well, which is why I chose to get Omega Ruby. It has all the nostalgia of the older game, but with a bunch of fun new features~

I can't afford the WoW monthly fee either. That's why half of my characters are below 20. It's free to play, even after you hit 20, you just don't level up any more. So I can play those until I feel like paying again. :D

I've been through Melody's pages! Just a quick glace though, tagging things for later. But now I'll be sure to check her page more thoroughly soon. c:

I was really interested in finding the last few of Wendy's creations (which I did!). For that complete feeling. I downloaded a blank Hope Springs from the TS3 forums, but the save files that included Wendy's builds were no longer available. I think it's a beautiful gesture. My mother passed away a year ago, so I find creative tributes to someone's life especially heartwarming.

Nice to meet you, as well!~
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » April 28th, 2016, 8:24 am

Oh I love Meadow's Hope Springs. Glad you got that one. You did get the last builds, then. Good!

My mom passed away almost two years ago, now, also. I have a cantata that she composed, on paper and on casette tapes. My youngest daughter Judi and I keep saying that one day we'll get it put into order and release it in honor of her. She was a wonderful violinist and all-around musician.

Judi has inherited the ease with which Mom played instruments.

I've always loved to sing (but can't much, any longer), and I play some instruments, also, but not the same way either Mom or Judi always have. It's just so innate to some people. ;-)

You almost have me wanting to try the free play on WoW. I still have my game intact on my computer. I'm not sure if I want to get started in it again, though...time is already at a premium, living here with Judi, my husband, her husband, and their six kids (the youngest of our 12 grandchildren and almost three great-grandchildren. :uhhuh:

I did get started playing Guild Wars 2, which is what my son-in-law plays. Once you buy the game, it's totally free to play, for anyone. I really like it. Neither of us has had time to play in a couple of months, though!

I don't know if you've seen it or not, but I have a YouTube channel: Grandma's Gone Gaming. I've done a few TS4 tutorials, but mostly I do Minecraft videos--some tutorials, but mostly LPs and challenges.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » April 28th, 2016, 12:48 pm

:hi: Welcome to NSC!! :-)
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby BumbleBee » April 28th, 2016, 5:07 pm

Welcome to NSC! :) I have played Minecraft as well! My keychain is the diamond sword :D
BumbleBee
Infant
Infant

Postby Ahsitael » April 28th, 2016, 8:45 pm

@Linda

My mother's name was Judi with an "i". She enjoyed painting in her free time. That's hard to come by with three teens/young adults in the house.

I've seen your channel! I don't have TS4, and probably never will since I'm not a fan of the style, but I have watched a few of the MC Let's Play. c:

@Melody & Bumblebee

Hello! And thank you! :D
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » April 29th, 2016, 2:54 am

Oh, how cool about your mom's name! With her name spelled that way, my Judi is always saying to people, "It's Judi...with an "i."

My oldest daughter is Jeanice. We started calling her Jennie, early on. When she started school, people thought she was Jennifer. In later years, she changed her own nickname to Jen, which, for some reason, people seem to just assume is her whole name. :rolleyes:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ahsitael » April 29th, 2016, 3:15 am

Well, my full name is Leatisha. But growing up, I always went by Tisha, so much so when my kindergarten teacher called "Leatisha" I wouldn't answer. She asked why I wasn't answering and I told her that wasn't my name! Things got even better when I met my boyfriend. We were long distance and he didn't know how to pronounce my name, so he shortened it, too. But the opposite way. To Lea, sounding like Leah. So everyone in his family calls me that. When both families are together, it's so confusing for them and fun for me~
:evillaugh:
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » April 29th, 2016, 10:05 am

Gotta love names!

Here, we have Harry (actually Harry II), and Harry III (usually known as Little Harry). Little Harry is getting so that he's NOT so little (a tall 8-year-old...almost as tall as his rather short older nearly-12-year-old brother Ethan). So he doesn't like for us to call him that any longer. Of course, when someone else in the house yells, "Harry!" we generally get answers from both of them: "Which one!" Everyone answers differently, but somehow, the one who is actually wanted, usually gets to where he's supposed to be, with only a slight delay. :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukpoppyberry » April 29th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Hello and welcome! So glad you came out of hiding and found some more of Wendy's amazing homes, hope you enjoy your game! My son Alex was into Animal Crossing not so long ago, we all say Ta Da! now as we kept hearing it do the cute little noises when he achieved something. His studies have taken over in a big way in recent months, so he hasn't visited his little friends in a while!
ukpoppyberry
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ahsitael » April 30th, 2016, 3:30 pm

@Linda

Well, I'm staying with my boyfriend's family for a while and their dog's name is Mia. So when they call her, I think they're calling me!

@Poppy

Thank you! Animal Crossing is hard to put down! But studies come first. :uhhuh:
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » April 30th, 2016, 11:35 pm

"Here, Mia, Mia! Come here, Mia! Good...oh...not you, Sweetie...I was calling the dog!" :lol:

One of the other things we've had to work around, with kids who have both parents and grandparents in residence, is when Judi hollers, "Dad...could you come here a minute?" the kids will sometimes tell Harry that Mom wants him.

That was hardest at the first, but we spent time making sure that the littlest ones understood that Grandpa (to them) is Mom's Dad. (2-1/2-year-old Elizabeth: "Noooo...he's your Grandpa!!!") :rotfl: Repeat with "Grandma" as the subject.

Now, at 3-1/2 years old, she totally understands. It took a while, though. Wesley already knows who's who (he's just over a year old), but I expect that someday, the same misunderstanding will occur. The relationship thing is always a sticking point. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ahsitael » May 1st, 2016, 4:55 am

I have a friend who has Ann as her middle name. When she was little, she thought it was everyone's middle name--because she thought it was AND! Jane And Doe. John And Doe. Because to a child, that was how names should work. c:
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » May 1st, 2016, 5:39 am

Absolutely! :lol:

I know this seems like we're trying to one-up each other with name stories, but I truly have to tell you something else you just triggered in my memory! :grin:

When we were little, my dad would always say things to me, like, "Would you like to go along, Hon?" Then, other times, he'd say things to my brother like, "Not right now, Son." I could never figure out what he had been TRYING to say to him that started with an "S," that he changed to "Hon" right at the last second...you know?!

I think I may have been in second grade before I figured out that "son" was like "daughter," but for boys!!! :evillaugh:

Then there the times when Daddy would be getting ready to go somewhere, and we'd ask, "Daddy, Daddy...where are you going?"

His answer was inevitably, "Chicago...wanna come along?" We knew (we thought) that Chicago was just an imaginary place (like we thought about Timbuktu, as well), which meant he wasn't telling us where he was going, and we couldn't go with him.

We had that part right, of course. It was his way of joshing us out of asking further, when we couldn't go. I think I was in fifth grade before I learned that there really WAS a Chicago!!! Imagine my surprise! :rotfl:

In later years, my sister and her husband moved to DesPlaines, IL, which is a suburb of Chicago. When I got over there to visit them the one time that I was able to do so (they moved to Wisconsin, and then Oklahoma soon after that), I told her, "I guess you took Daddy seriously all those years, and here you are!" We laughed SO hard about that, and the next day, she took me on a tour of "old" Chicago (as old as it gets after the huge fire that burned most of it down, way back when). It was fascinating, and I'll never forget it, and never be able to disconnect it with my dad, even though I don't think he ever really had gone there! ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Welcome