A Big Hello

Hello there! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of NS, please do this for the new, recombined Neighborly SimsCraft forum. Thanks!

A Big Hello

Postby FaithfulApostle » February 25th, 2014, 6:36 pm

Hello, everyone. My username is FaithfulApostle. Most people call me Faith, Faithy or Lydia (my real name) -- I will answer to any of them. I've played the Sims since the original game and I've also played the Sim City games as well (never did play the roller coaster games, though). I played the original Sims all by myself and it wasn't until I had a question about Sims 2 and went looking on the internet that I realized that there were forums out there based on the game I loved. I was so surprised to realize that other people were talking about the game and sharing their creations with each other. I joined the Sims2 forum and met a lot of wonderful people there and really enjoyed sharing my love of the game and my creations with them.

One day a friend from the forum (Deb, another admin here) shared a tiny micro house she had created on a 1x1 lot. I was amazed by this tiny thing and it got my creativity kicked into high gear. When I asked her about it, she said that she had created it for Micronesia, a neighborhood being developed at Neighborly Sims where she was a member. I asked if she thought I could create some lots as well. She asked Linda and was told that I could. So I created a few lots and sent them to Deb who put them on the NS forum. Soon I was speaking directly with Linda to give her my lots. She told me I should just join the forum and post the lots myself. I was a little worried about that because I was still new to the whole joining groups on the internet thing but finally she said to me that she had created a membership for me and I could use it or not (you gotta love how no nonsense she is). So I cautiously stuck a toe in the water by dropping by the site and immediately everyone said that they were so pleased to meet me and how they loved my lots and they were glad that they finally had an opportunity to tell me that. I was totally sucked in by their warmth and caring and generosity of spirit and I became a permanent member of NS -- and no one has been able to get rid of me since. :rotfl:

So beware all you new members. You will find that you love it here and never want to leave. ;-)
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: A Big Hello

Postby lindawing » February 25th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Woohoo! I remember those days, Lydia! It was so good to have you sharing directly, and it still is! BIG HUGS, my friend! :hug-group-2y2:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » February 27th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Hi Lydia! :hi: We are so thankful to have you with us here at NSC! I have enjoyed getting to know you over the years. You have helped me in so many ways. It's wonderful to know that I have someone there for me no matter what. Hugs! :friends:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 27th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Hi! That's how I first found my way to NS! I loved the Micronesia project and loved all the little houses. I also had not ventured out past the EA forum and was nervous about joining other sites; but I did create a few little community lots for the project and eventually made my way over to a few fansites, NS at some point, as well!! :uhhuh: :yeah:

I appreciate you all so much!! :hug-group-6y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Welcome