Hi! I'm Linda W.

Hello there! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you. Even if you have been a member of NS, please do this for the new, recombined Neighborly SimsCraft forum. Thanks!

Hi! I'm Linda W.

Postby lindawing » February 24th, 2014, 11:18 pm

I added the last initial, because we have another Linda here (or will have, soon, when our other Linda gets registered here).

I started playing The Sims when it first came out, but didn't start Neighborly Sims until the year 2004 when TS2 was released. It started as a website only, with no interactive forum. Then Wendy (Hillcrest--now deceased, sadly) became my first fan and contributor. She was followed by Lisa (ukpoppyberry). With just the three of us, we had a lot of fun creating new neighborhoods together. I'll be uploading those in Linda's Library, as soon as I have the time.

Then we began branching out by starting challenges and contests which involved a lot of people from Sims 2 forums all over the place, wherein the three of us were active.

Sometime in 2006 (I think) we added in the forum. Wendy became my one administrator at that point, and Lisa followed soon afterward. When our initial forum bit the dust, we began Neighborly Sims 2 and Neighborly Sims 3, because by then we had outgrown the other, joint one, anyway. At that point, Lydia (FaithfulApostle) and Kim (playKIMSIM--no longer a Simmer or forum contributor) joined our administrative team.

As those sites grew, we decided we wanted some better capabilities, and moved on to a more capable, re-joined Neighborly Sims form, using SMF (Simple Machine Forums) software. Shortly before we started that move, Carrie (psychedelicsim) had joined us, and she became my head admin lady. Shortly after the move was well underway, Patty (MamaLambNC) joined our administrative staff.

When I decided to let go of my flyingacres.com domain (due to several reasons which I won't go into, here), I talked to Carrie, and we decided to buy a completely new domain at 50% off for one year, from DotEasy. We tried out a BUNCH of different forum applications, and finally decided on this one (phpBB), which does much of the same things the SMF forum did, with some added things, and more flexible permissions, so that we could add the Creators' Corner I had been thinking about for quite some time.

As we began this move, Deb (Debra1968) came on board as our most recent administrator, as she just recently gave up her own Sims forum.

I want to say, here, that I HIGHLY appreciate all you wonderful administrative ladies! I couldn't do this any longer, without you all! You are so SPECIAL!!! Thank you so very, very much for all you do! :uhhuh: :hooray: :joy:

Having said all that, I'll see you around the boards. I try to ALWAYS post an answer to a new topic, so I'm sure I'll have some sort of conversation with every one of you at some point or another.

Be blessed!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hi! I'm Linda W.

Postby psychedelicsim » February 24th, 2014, 11:23 pm

Hi Linda! :hi:

Becoming a part of the Neighborly Sims family has been so special to me. I am so grateful to have joined you all and made such good friends! I'm looking forward to the future of NSC. :hug-group-5y:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PierreAndre » February 25th, 2014, 1:51 am

hello linda my bfff,

I am also happy to be a part of the ns family
PierreAndre
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » February 25th, 2014, 9:31 am

:friends: Thank you Carrie and Pierre. :friends:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MelodyOkie » February 25th, 2014, 2:53 pm

A wonderful introduction!! I love the new site and also appreciate all the hard work it took to get it set-up; and will continue to take as we go along and get it put all together. I am so thankful that I have a place to call home!!

:hug-group-5y:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FaithfulApostle » February 25th, 2014, 6:02 pm

Linda, you've given so many of us a safe place where we can enjoy talking about our games and other hobbies. It's been such a blessing to me to be part of these sites and to meet so many truly wonderful people. Thank you so much! :friends:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 25th, 2014, 9:24 pm

Thanks, Melody and Lydia. It's so rewarding to be able to communicate and be friends with all of you. You all are my extended family! :uhhuh: :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Welcome