1.9 Snapshots--15w49b--Any Port in a Storm

This is a public forum where we can discuss the News & Rumors about upcoming Minecraft updates. If you like to live your {Minecraft} life on the edge, try using the newest snapshot to start a new game. It's great!

1.9 Snapshots--15w49b--Any Port in a Storm

Postby lindawing » December 4th, 2015, 8:07 am

I was playing a game I created in the newest snapshot, tonight, and found two foes sharing a "port in a storm," as I went out to look for more Diorite and Granite to continue building my home.

Can you spot the Enderman and (new type of) Skeleton sheltering together?

AnyPortInAStorm-120415.png
AnyPortInAStorm-120415.png (1.39 MiB) Viewed 412 times
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1.9 Snapshots--15w49b--Any Port in a Storm

Postby FaithfulApostle » December 8th, 2015, 5:03 pm

I need to go and look at all the new stuff that's going to be in 1.9. I'm always lazy about that and I'm always behind the crowd. From what I'm hearing, this is going to be another huge change with lots to get used to. It's very exciting. :joy:
FaithfulApostle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1.9 Snapshots--15w49b--Any Port in a Storm

Postby lindawing » December 8th, 2015, 8:33 pm

It is definitely a big one. At first I didn't like some of the changes, but I'm getting used to them, and most of them make a lot of sense. There are things that don't interest me, like all the stuff about the End, but the kids are having great fun with all that stuff.

One BIG thing to remember when killing things in 1.9...do NOT SPAM with your weapons! Hit...wait a quick second for the weapon to charge, repeat. Each time you swing if you spam, you lose power. Each time you swing if you wait that tiny space, you get more power. Spamming makes a zombie that would have taken 4 hits before, take sometimes 8 or 9. Waiting and hitting wisely might get you down to 2!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Snapshots