Snapshots 14w02a & 14w02b & 14w02c

This is a public forum where we can discuss the News & Rumors about upcoming Minecraft updates. If you like to live your {Minecraft} life on the edge, try using the newest snapshot to start a new game. It's great!

Re: Snapshots 14w02a & 14w02b & 14w02c

Postby Debra » February 21st, 2014, 8:14 am

Even if I played in the snapshot profile?

I'm ok with it either way though, the snapshot was wonderful. :happy:
Debra
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 21st, 2014, 8:16 am

Debra1968 wrote:That worked, thank you Carrie! :wave:

You're welcome. :wave:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 21st, 2014, 8:17 am

As long as you made a separate snapshot profile, you'll be good. That starts up at new minecraft folder that's kept entirely separate from the regular one. You can play any game in there that you copy into that saves folder, but you can't take a game back over into a previous version.

I tried one the other day, because I had wanted to see how my Daily Villagers would do with the new AI. I didn't get rid of my old one in the regular profile. I just copied them over to the snapshots saves folder.

Then after I had played them for a while, I wondered if I could take them back, with all the progress I'd made on the village and the surrounding area. So I copied that file into my regular saves folder (without getting rid of the original, for safety).

Well...the progress was still there, but my inventory and chests FULL of stuff were wiped clean! There was NOTHING in them at all! So I quickly trashed that copy and went back to start working toward those improvements in 1.7.4. :yes: :happy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 21st, 2014, 8:17 am

I enjoyed watching a villager farm last night but I wish they did something with their crop. I guess the file would get too large if they stored it all though. :lol: It is cute to see them doing it though.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » February 21st, 2014, 8:18 am

Of course, they only do their farming tasks when you're there. After going around picking up after them, then going back to 1.7.4 where they DON'T yet do their farming tasks, I decided I like it better when they DO do them! :lol:

At least you don't have to spend your time harvesting as WELL as replanting. You can just run through, pick everything up, then quickly replant. Works for me!

It kind of would be nice, though, if they absorbed some of the crop and then traded it to you! :grin:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Snapshots