16w20a (Released Thursday, May 19, 2016)

This is a public forum where we can discuss the News & Rumors about upcoming Minecraft updates. If you like to live your {Minecraft} life on the edge, try using the newest snapshot to start a new game. It's great!

Re: 16w20a (Released Thursday, May 19, 2016)

Postby Ahsitael » May 27th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Thanks for your help! Now I just have to decide on something to build! X3
Where words fail, music speaks.
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » May 27th, 2016, 9:39 pm

I know that feeling well! Would love to see pictures when you do decide! I just wrote up a personal challenge that I'm going to practice and hone, then begin again with a different map, and serialize, offering the challenge to the public. I've called it "The Railroad."
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » June 8th, 2016, 10:59 pm

1.10.1 has officially been released today--June 8, 2016! Hooray! :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ahsitael » June 9th, 2016, 7:19 pm

I was so confused. I didn't notice the update included an auto-jump. Working on a castle and trying to dig out a trench, constantly hopping over the dirt instead of smashing it. x3

Also working on how to get the game working on my boyfriend's laptop. He has the same thing, graphics and RAM-wise, but Java apparently doesn't like it. Has some kind of Runtime error and crash at start up. :c
Where words fail, music speaks.
Ahsitael
Infant
Infant

Postby lindawing » June 10th, 2016, 12:20 am

I had the same problem when trying to get MC to run on my husband's laptop. I finally gave up on it, but that was before they came out with the new MC system that actually INCLUDES Java.

I THINK (not sure, but you could try it), if you delete the existing game that you already tried, AND the existing Java from his laptop, then restart the computer, then do NOT reinstall Java, but install the new Minecraft that makes a system folder (I think that's the only existing one, now), onto his laptop, then try to run the game, it MIGHT work.

If it doesn't, at least you tried. ;-) You can then uninstall MC and all will be well. If he NEEDS Java, then you can go to https://java.com/en/ and make sure you download the right one, and reinstall it for him.

Regarding the autojump...I knew about it, but had forgotten. I'd been playing in snapshots, and it was turned off, but when it upgraded my regular game to 1.10.1, autojump was turned on. Took me a few minutes to realize why it felt like I was flying and hadn't landed all the way, you know? :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Snapshots