Pleasantview...A different take?

Moderator: MamaLambNC

Pleasantview...A different take?

Postby MamaLambNC » October 3rd, 2015, 1:59 am

You've seen towns that thrived from gossip....you've also seen towns that busted wide open at the seams from gossip. Well, Pleasantview falls right in the middle somewhere. Let's go back in time for a little while if you will....

Don Lothario was an up & coming young man. He had his faults like any other but the one credit you had to give Don....he loved the women! And for a long time, that was okay but one day all of that ended when Kaylynn Langerak called him up & said, “Don? We have a problem!” “Come on over & we'll talk about it”, was his reply. Kaylynn showed up at his door & he saw right away what the problem was..she was PREGNANT!!! First question out of the box...”Is it mine?” “If I wasn't so upset right now, I'd slug you, Don! Of course it's yours!” (“At least I'm pretty sure it's yours...she thought.”) “Well, I can give you some money each month if you want...and maybe even see about getting the baby on my insurance, once it's born.” “That's all well & fine, Kaylynn countered but that's not the problem!” “What do you need then?” “I need you to raise your son or daughter!” “Here's the thing...if I keep the child, I'll lose my NPC status & I don't want that. “I'm your maid which means I'm at the house everyday so I'll be around to interact in the child's life. And I spend a lot of nights here so it'll be almost like we're a true family.” “But what about when Cassandra & I get married?” “Then you have a ring bearer...I don't know Don!” “You should have thought about that BEFORE deciding to cheat on her!” “Okay, I'll raise my child but you gotta spend the night tonight!” Kaylynn rolls her eyes behind his back & thinks...Men are soooo easy!

A few months after Kaylynn gave birth to Connor & had dropped him off at Don's, she found herself in the exact same predicament again. Except this time the baby belonged to Daniel Pleasant. Kaylynn knew she couldn't just go up to Daniel & practically demand that he raise his child like she had with Don. Daniel had a wife & twin teenage daughters! Daniel's wife, Mary-Sue would probably kill both of them...no, Kaylynn had to be very sly with this one. After several weeks of playing scenarios over in her mind, it hit her what would be the best thing to do! On the night the baby was born, Kaylynn took Brandon Pleasant & laid him very quietly on the porch step. Ringing the doorbell, she ran over to a dark section in the yard where she could watch from behind some bushes. Mary-Sue opened the door & yelled for Daniel! “Come quick! There's a baby out here!” She read the note....Please give him a good home & love him! “Oh honey, can we keep him?” “I suppose so, Daniel replied but what will we name him?” “According to this, his name is Brandon”, Mary-Sue read from the paper pinned to the blanket that was wrapped around Brandon. “Well, welcome to your new home Brandon!” Kaylynn smiled from the bushes & figured she'd tell Daniel later on that the baby was his.

Meanwhile across town at the Caliente sisters house....

Dina went into the bathroom reading the box... “a plus means pregnant & a minus means not pregnant.” (SAFE FOR ANOTHER MONTH!) Dina laid the strip on the back of the toilet as she waited. NO...NO...NO! “This can't be happening to me!” With Michael away on business for 6 months, what would he do when he found out that she had been unfaithful with Don Lothario? She could always have an...no, that wasn't possible. She didn't have it in her to harm a baby, even if by not doing so, they both might end up on the streets! She could only hope that Michael would understand & not kick her out. They had thought he was dead for so many years but he finally showed up in a hospital having been in a coma for all that time. He now worked in a job where he traveled far distances for long periods of time. And well, a girl gets lonely on cold nights. But enough of that! She needed to think of a story & think of one FAST!

A month later later, Nina was walking home from Don's after telling him what the Doctor had said. She was pregnant with Don's baby! Don had promised to help her out financially & ask if it would be okay if their baby could be raised to know that Connor was his or her ½ brother. Nina promised that they could play together & they would probably be best friends! Now to break it to Dina...who had just found out she was pregnant with Don's baby last month. Don had made her the same promises. What was going to be the kicker was when Dina found out that they BOTH had been woo-hooing with the same man!
Loving Helpmeet To: Bryan (40 yrs.)
Proud Mama To: BJ - 36, Angel - 32, Kathy - 28, & Shaun - 25
Caring Grandmother To: Rafael - 9, Nadya - 7, Bruce - 4 & Brooklyn - Newborn
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Goths)

Postby MamaLambNC » October 3rd, 2015, 2:00 am

Now up-to-date...(The Goth Family)
Over on the side of town where the 'Old Money' lived, Mortimer, Bella, & Cassandra were sitting talking. Alexander had gone to school & Cassandra was trying to get her father to buy her wedding gown....

“Dad, I'm a couple hundred simoleons short for the dress I was looking at.” “Well, maybe your Mother should go with you & help you pick out your dress.” “That way you'll be sure to get the very best one,” Mortimer added. “I'd be honored, Cassandra.” “I need to do some clothes shopping for all of us anyway.” “Alexander's jeans are getting tight & that dress you're wearing is from two years ago.” “And Mortimer, really!” “Shorts in the fall?” “Plus, this dress I'm wearing, seems like it's seen it's better days, don't you both think?” So, it was settled! The ladies were going shopping. Mortimer picked up the paper & browsed through the want adds.

Mortimer reading the paper.jpg
Mortimer checking out the Want-Ads
Mortimer reading the paper.jpg (216.97 KiB) Viewed 916 times

He thought he'd look into getting a job in the Natural Science field. An old colleague from his Physical Science Days had told him they needed his expertise in the field. Now that the trial was over from Bella being kidnapped several years ago. She had escaped & come home a few months ago. Things were just now getting back to normal. Since Cassandra was determined to marry Don Lothario, he might as well get on board. But for the life of him, Mortimer couldn't see what Cassandra wanted with him. He had cheated on her with at least 3 women & had babies to prove it! He was raising one of them & the other 2 would be raised by their mothers. What ever happened to just falling in love & marrying for life? He needed to stop by the lawyer's office & get a prenup. typed up. He didn't want that gigolo getting the family fortune!

Bella & Cassandra went in the clothing store & while Bella was buying clothes for the whole family, Cassandra ran straight to the wedding gowns & tried on the one she had been looking at for so long.

Cassandra trying on wedding gown.jpg
Cassandra trying on wedding dress
Cassandra trying on wedding gown.jpg (192.4 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Bella looked over at her & thought, “Yes, that's the perfect one for her!”

They called a taxi & headed back home. Cassandra was anxious to try on her new clothes & Bella was feeling pretty tired & just wanted to sit down & rest for a little bit. Cassandra went upstairs to try on her new clothes & after trying everything on, she looked in the mirror & decided to change her looks a bit. Put the hair down, change the make-up a bit. She wished she could ditch the glasses but for some reason contacts always gave her an eye infection so for now at least she'd go with the glasses. Bella snapped a picture of her later on downstairs.

Cassandra after her make-over.jpg
Cassandra's Make-over
Cassandra after her make-over.jpg (190.38 KiB) Viewed 916 times

When Bella went upstairs to read, Cassandra followed her & returned the favor!

Bella, after her make-over.jpg
Bella's Make-over
Bella, after her make-over.jpg (109.92 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Now it's Mortimer's turn...

Mortimer's make-over.jpg
Mortimer's Make-over
Mortimer's make-over.jpg (54.7 KiB) Viewed 916 times

After supper, Mortimer helped Alexander with his homework & taught him how to study. He was in a Private School where it was expected of him to do his very best & that meant straight A report cards! Alexander had a B- now so it wouldn't be long before his grades were at the top!

Mortimer helping with homework.jpg
Mortimer helping Alexander with homework
Mortimer helping with homework.jpg (85.95 KiB) Viewed 916 times

Once his home-work was finished & he was feeling good about what he had learned, he sat down & has his make over picture taken.

Alexander's Make-Over.jpg
Alexander's Make-Over
Alexander's Make-Over.jpg (187.79 KiB) Viewed 916 times

As everything was settling down for the evening, Bella suddenly remembered that Mortimer had asked her to call & contract a butler to come around & do the chores & what not. She had told him that she could handle the house keeping & gardening but he would hear nothing of it & insisted on a butler. “What's money for if you can't enjoy it”, he told her. She guessed he was right.

Bella talking with butler service.jpg
Bella contracting a Butler
Bella talking with butler service.jpg (212.84 KiB) Viewed 916 times

After the children had gone to bed, Mortimer asked Bella what she thought of having another baby...from the looks of the photo, I'd say she was completely on board, wouldn't you?

Trying for baby.jpg
Trying for baby
Trying for baby.jpg (160.87 KiB) Viewed 916 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Pleasants)

Postby MamaLambNC » October 3rd, 2015, 2:00 am

It was a wild one on that first morning after the home renovations! The girls were fighting like crazy...Lilith had actually tried to slap Angela but Mary-Sue caught her in time & shooed them both out the door to walk to school since they had missed the bus. Daniel was playing with Brandon & Mary-Sue had to shoo him out too...Time to play with the baby later on! Go to work! Right after they found Brandon on their doorstep (Now what kind of a Mother leaves a baby on a doorstep?), Mary-Sue found out that she was pregnant again! Well, they'd wanted a large family....guess they were getting one. Mary-Sue fed Brandon & took him up to his crib. Then she called up Cassandra to see if she like to go shopping with her. There was a new shopping center that Mary-Sue had been wanting to check out & seeing as how she needed maternity clothes badly, this was the time to do it. Next she called the nanny to come & watch Brandon while she was gone. Shopping is always easier without trying to deal with a newborn.

Mary-Sue putting Brandon to bed.jpg
Mary-Sue at Brandon's crib
Mary-Sue putting Brandon to bed.jpg (219.92 KiB) Viewed 905 times

After shopping for new clothes for the entire family, she hit the maternity section & got her some decent clothes to last this pregnancy. Then she went over & poured some tea for her & Cassandra.

Shopping for new clothes.jpg
Shopping for new clothes.jpg (175.03 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Mary-Sue pouring tea.jpg
Mary-Sue pouring tea.jpg (185.64 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Mary-Sue remembered that her & Daniel had decided to get the girl's a cell phone so she went to the electronics store while Cassandra was looking at wedding dresses again. They had promised Lilith a cell phone if she brought her grades up & they were at a B+ right now. Mary-Sue was so proud of her. She was really starting to apply herself! All of a sudden, Mary-Sue decided to throw caution to the wind & bought her & Daniel one too!

Buying the girls a cell phone.jpg
Buying the girls a cell phone.jpg (188.17 KiB) Viewed 905 times

She met Cassandra over by the tea room & they chatted for a few minutes before saying good-bye & heading their separate ways. Mary-Sue had to get home to relieve the nanny plus the girls would be home from school before long & then Daniel would come in. It was going to be a fast paced evening. Cassandra had to meet Don for an early date.

Mary-Sue chatting with Cassandra.jpg
Mary-Sue chatting with Cassandra.jpg (193.9 KiB) Viewed 905 times

After supper, they split the girls up...Daniel took Lilith & Mary-Sue took Angela & they worked on homework. It's so much harder as a teen in high school.

Daniel & Lilith after homework session.jpg
Daniel & Lilith after homework session.jpg (206.38 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Mary-Sue & Angela after homework session.jpg
Mary-Sue & Angela after homework session.jpg (200.54 KiB) Viewed 905 times

They had no sooner gotten done with homework than Daniel said, “Let's have the baby's birthday party!” So they all traipsed downstairs to watch their little baby become a toddler!

Getting ready to blow the candles out.jpg
Getting ready to blow the candles out.jpg (209.76 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Cheering for Brandon's 1st birthday!.jpg
Cheering for Brandon's 1st birthday!.jpg (220.22 KiB) Viewed 905 times

As Daniel held Brandon after he became a toddler, he couldn't get over the feeling that Brandon looked like Kaylynn Langerak, their maid! Even with the red hair, he still had her features. He knew that she had been pregnant but just assumed that she had given the child up for adoption. And yes, they had an affair about a year ago but he ended it right about the time that Mary-Sue got pregnant. Brandon couldn't be a child from the affair, could he? Surely Kaylynn would have told him, wouldn't she? Well, maybe not since they hadn't talked that much since he ended the affair. But to lay your child on the porch steps of somebody's house! Who does that? He was going to sit Miss Kaylynn Langerak down the first chance he got & have a heart to heart with her! Could he keep this from Mary-Sue & the girls? Would Mary-Sue notice how much Brandon looks like Kaylynn? Questions were swirling in his brain but no answers were popping up!

Daniel & his son Brandon.jpg
Daniel & his son Brandon.jpg (192.64 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Mary_Sue took Brandon away from Daniel & headed upstairs with him. She put him in his new clothes & showed him the new toys he had gotten.

Brandon Pleasant in his new outfit.jpg
Brandon Pleasant in his new outfit.jpg (178.15 KiB) Viewed 905 times

The girls were turning in for the night & Mary-Sue was waiting in bed. Daniel picked up Brandon & cuddled him as he whispered in his ear... “Are you my son for real?” Brandon smiled & reached for him as Daniel placed him in the crib & adjusted the side. Then Brandon immediately dozed off.

The birthday boy sound asleep.jpg
The birthday boy sound asleep.jpg (210.66 KiB) Viewed 905 times

Daniel climbed into bed beside Mary-sue & as he took her into his arms, he silently asked that nothing would mess up his family from how it was now. He loved his wife & kids. And he realized that he was a fool to ever stray from her. He promised himself that it would never happen again!

Cuddling before bed.jpg
Cuddling before bed.jpg (219.27 KiB) Viewed 905 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Lothario)

Postby MamaLambNC » October 3rd, 2015, 2:01 am

Prelude...

After Kaylynn dropped Connor off with Don, he was terrified at first. What did he know about a baby? Besides the obvious 'how to make one'....Don Lothario was at a loss! He was going to have to figure out what that little screaming, stinky, thing in the crib wanted & needed...When Kaylynn was there during the day, she spent time with him but poor Don knew how to give him a bottle & that was about it. Eventually he figured out the diaper thing and that was only after Kaylynn laughed at him for putting it on backwards...Well, he was covered, wasn't he??? He had stopped crying, hadn't he??? Kaylynn took the time one day to show Don how to properly give Connor a bath. Hey! This was great...no more clothes pins on the nose. And with all this new knowledge Don was getting, the screaming had all but stopped! Maybe being a Dad wasn't going to be so bad after all. Don was actually daydreaming about the days when they could throw a football around in the back yard. He did some renovations to the house & had a couple of extra rooms built on. Now the sweet little mess had his own room. No more waking daddy up in the middle of the night because you have a bubble on your belly! Man up kid! Roll over...you'll feel better! That's what daddy does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As he stood looking down at Connor sleeping, Don could hardly believe how far they both had come in such a short time. He had told Cassandra about Connor & about Dina & Nina being pregnant. He thought it was best if she heard it from him rather than through the gossip mill. BOY! Did they ever have a fight! She came so close to breaking up with him. But Connor had saved him. He started one of his marathon crying spells about then & Cassandra picked him up. When she had him in her arms, she looked over at Don & said, “I'm in love!” Once she got Connor to sleep, she came over to Don, looked him straight in the eye & said, “I'll marry you but if you EVER so much as even THINK about looking at another woman, I'll leave you & take you for everything you have! I'll also take Connor!!

Watching Connor sleep.jpg
Watching Connor sleep.jpg (196.03 KiB) Viewed 899 times

He had gone to the mall to get a few things for Connor & who should show up but Cassandra! She was very happy to see him & they even got their picture taken in the photo booth. The lady behind the counter didn't like it very much when they got the photo booth a rockin' & a rollin' but that's okay. (Who knew public woo-hoo could be so much fun?)

With Cassandra.jpg
With Cassandra.jpg (214.05 KiB) Viewed 899 times

One day, Don was playing on the computer when he saw Nina walking by. Well, he might as well get it over with. He called her in & let her down as gently as he could...with what he like to call...'good-bye woo-hoo'. She said she understood & promised not to cause any trouble for them. In turn, Don promised to keep the checks coming & to be there if the baby ever needed him. It worked so well with Nina, Don decided to call up Dina & Kaylynn the next night & make amends with them also. And then, from that moment on...Don was going to be true blue to Cassandra!

Telling Nina that it's over.jpg
Telling Nina that it's over.jpg (228.7 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Saying good-bye to Dina.jpg
Saying good-bye to Dina.jpg (201.07 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Parting ways with Kaylynn.jpg
Parting ways with Kaylynn.jpg (185.76 KiB) Viewed 899 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Bachelor-Caliente)

“I'm home”, Michael yelled as he walked through the front door. Nina ran into her room & locked the door. She wanted no part of this argument! Dina stood in their bedroom shaking. She had told Michael that she was pregnant & he hung up on her. Later he called her back & said they would talk when he got home. Ever since the phone call, Dina had been dreading this moment. She held he tummy & felt Don's baby kick back as though to say, “It's okay, Mom”... “You've still got me!”

Dina was sitting in the chair when he walked in. “I got you something pretty sweetie!” Dina couldn't help herself...she felt herself get all giddy inside! She loved getting presents from Michael! “I saw this & it had Dina written all over it...how do you like it baby?”

Dina's present from Michael.jpg
Dina's present from Michael.jpg (245.11 KiB) Viewed 884 times

“Oh Michael” “It's beautiful!” “But wasn't it terribly expensive?” 'Not really, it was only 3,500 simoleons but think of it as an investment, if you want.” “It was worth every simoleon just to see your eyes light up like this, Dina.” He walked up to her & gave her a hug & a kiss. Looking down at her tummy, he goes, “Think we ought to talk about how this little one got here?” “Yes, I suppose so,” Dina replied feeling very scared again suddenly.

They relaxed on the bed & started talking.

Michael & Dina having a heart to heart.jpg
Michael & Dina having a heart to heart.jpg (244.84 KiB) Viewed 884 times

“First off, I want you to know I love you & I'm in this marriage for the long haul.” “But some things are going to have to change!” “When we got married, you gave me some story about why you just had to keep the name Caliente instead of taking my last name Bachelor.” Do you even love me, Dina? “
“Yes, Michael I do love you.” The reason I didn't take your name is because I wanted to preserve the Caliente name but I suppose Nina could do that.” “I just get so lonely when you go away for so long.” “And Don came over to comfort me & one thing led to another and...and...” “Okay then, I want us to renew our vows & I want you to take my last name.” I want this baby to have my last name because there's no reason for him or her to have a cloud hanging over their head right from the beginning!” “And as far as the job, I've been offered a job with a law firm here in Pleasantview & it's not a bottom of the ladder job. I'll be starting out at the halfway point.”

Nina sneaked downstairs after listening at Dina & Michael's door. She didn't hear any screams so she figured everything was okay. She called Don & let him know that Michael was back. Don said thanks for the head's up, he'd make sure to avoid their house. As she quietly went back upstairs, she listened again at the door. Good, only quiet talking...no yelling. Maybe they would actually work this out. She went in her room & got ready for bed.

Nina calling Don.jpg
Nina calling Don.jpg (211.87 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Back in Dina's room, the heart to heart was still going on...
“I'll be making a lot more money too, which means more shopping for you!” “Dina what would think about us buying the ole' homestead back from Mortimer & Bella?” It would mean a move to the other side of town but it would also mean that we wouldn't constantly be running into Don Lothario.” “Can I think about it & let you know Michael?” “I really love this house after we fixed it up but I guess we could rent it to Nina...” They both agreed to talk about it later & slipped under the covers & drifted off to a peaceful slumber.

The next day after Michael left for work, the sisters sat & talked about their future. Dina told Nina what all she & Michael had talked about & asked her what she thought about them getting the Bachelor Estate opened up again. “I mean will you be okay here by yourself?” “Well, Don's right next door if I need anything.” “My car's in good shape & there's always that thing called the telephone, if I get into real trouble, sis!” “I suppose so,” said Dina thoughtfully. “Still, I worry that you'll be alone...what with all the burglaries around here lately.” “I'll be fine, sis...promise!”

“Hey Dina!” “I've got an idea...let's go check out the Estate & see if it's still as big as I remember it from a kid.” “Okay, said Dina. I've nothing else to do until Michael gets home anyway!” So off they went to the other side of town where the rich folk lived. “You're going to be rubbing elbows with the rich & famous, Dina.” “Instead of hanging on Main Street with you?” “But I do see what you mean, Nina...there are a lot of the high society families around here.” “We just passed the Goth Manor...it should be right up here on the next block,” “There it is!” “Oh wow...I think it's even bigger than I remember.” “Now this is where Michael grew up, right?” “From what he says, his Dad, Bella & him all grew up in this house,” replied Dina. “Have you ever been inside?” asked Nina. “Oh no,” said Dina. “We ran in different circles.” “I didn't get to know Michael until he was in college.” “And by the time we had married, they had already closed up the house.” Dina looked up at the old house & tried to image living there.

Front of Bachelor Estate.jpg
Front of Bachelor Estate.jpg (261.19 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Then they walked around the side of the house to a fully stocked fishing pond! “Wow!” commented Nina. “Look at the size of those fish!” I'd better be getting some invitations to fish dinners here shortly!” “You can even come over early & help catch them, if you want,” Dina told her sister.

Fishing Pond.jpg
Fishing Pond.jpg (246.87 KiB) Viewed 884 times

They walked a little further to the back of the house & there was a large swimming pool with a hot tub in the corner. “Hey!” “I know where I'm spending my summers from now on!” “Forget the crowded public pool...I'm going to my favorite sister's house.” “I'm your ONLY sister but you're invited to swim in my pool anytime.”

Pool Area.jpg
Pool Area.jpg (277.08 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Out in back of the pool was a large garden area. “You planning on raising crops, sis”? “Don't know....we may plow it all up & plant grass...who knows what Michael will want to do?”

Garden area.jpg
Garden area.jpg (242.26 KiB) Viewed 884 times

On the other side of the house was 6 fruit trees, 2 orange, 2 apple, & 2 lemon.

Fruit trees at the side of house.jpg
Fruit trees at the side of house.jpg (260.44 KiB) Viewed 884 times

Dina looked at her watch. “Oh!” “I've got to get back.” “It's almost time for Michael to get home.” “I've got to get a good supper on the table for him.” “Quick, call a taxi!” “I'll help you & we'll fix up a meal fit for a King!”
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Burb)

John & Lucy were dancing as they stood out in the front of their new home. They were so excited to be in Pleasantview. Jennifer wasn't so sure. They had left the big city that was alive & bustling to move to a little small town that was nothing more than a gossip mill! Even living in the city she had heard all the gossip. The local maid that had given not one but two of her children away just so she could keep her job as a maid? Come on! Well, at least she gave them to the fathers...her brother Daniel being one! Hmph! The town Cassanova who had 3 children by 3 different mothers & was engaged to be married to a 4th woman? The two sisters who had babies within a month of each other by the same man? Probably part of Cassanova's bunch of ladies! No, Jennifer didn't think she was going to like this town at all! It was as bad as Old Town where her & John's family had lived when they were children. Old Town was like that too. Everybody knew everybody's business. Well, Jennifer wasn't going to take part in any of it at all!

New Home.jpg
New Home.jpg (238.4 KiB) Viewed 860 times

After Lucy had headed off to school, Jennifer told John to go ahead & invite the Headmaster over for dinner. They may as well try to get Lucy in private school right away. The thought of her going to public school with all those other children was just too much!

John called up the private school & they were more than happy to send one of the Headmaster's out. It shouldn't be too hard to get her in private school seeing as how she was in private school in the city. John would just tell him about the school & about her grades (They were expecting a straight A report any day now!) & he was sure she would be invited right in.

Calling headmaster.jpg
Calling headmaster.jpg (73.49 KiB) Viewed 860 times

They decided to lay down & take a nap. Well, a little cuddling which led to making out & then that ended up leading to woo-hoo. Jennifer hoped she hadn't gotten pregnant. She had tried not to have woo-hoo lately because John wanted another baby...it's all he ever talked about. She wanted to get a job & head up that corporate ladder...not stay home all day taking care of a bunch of babies!

John was laying there thinking, “I hope I got you pregnant!” “I hope I got you pregnant!” He knew she would be furious but he also knew from experience that being an only child can get mighty lonely. He wanted more than that for his little Princess!

Making out.jpg
Making out.jpg (259.79 KiB) Viewed 860 times

The afternoon went pretty quietly. John talked Jennifer into waiting a little while before she got a job. Just until Lucy got comfortable in her new school. Jennifer agreed. She remembered how much fun it was when she used to come home to milk & cookies! Her & Daniel used to race through the door trying to outdo each other to see who could get to the table first!

When Lucy came home, she was all excited about her new day. She immediately asked John to help her with her homework & teach her how to study so that if she got accepted in Private school, she'd be ready. While they were studying,

Helping Lucy with Homework.jpg
Helping Lucy with Homework.jpg (184.95 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Jennifer decided to go down to the local shopping center. Her cell phone had recently broken & she needed to replace it. Since she was there she may as well pick up a few clothes that they needed. She also noticed a nice family style restaurant along the way. Maybe they would take Lucy there to celebrate getting into Private school. Or maybe hold off until that 1st. A+ report card came home. YES, that was the ticket right there!

Jennifer buying a phone.jpg
Jennifer buying a phone.jpg (194.66 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Pleasantview Italian Restaurant.jpg
Pleasantview Italian Restaurant.jpg (148.84 KiB) Viewed 860 times

The next morning as they were all sitting waiting for the bus to come, Jennifer was enjoying her family so much. She thought Lucy looked so cute in her school uniform. It was so much better than what some of the kids she had seen at the mall yesterday...baggy pants, dirty t-shirts or t-shirts with lewd & crude sayings on them. Jennifer was appalled! Her children would never dress like that! Well, her child...seeing as how they just had Lucy! Now if John had his way, they'd have a dozen. Her brother Daniel & his wife had twin girls that were teens & then they found a baby on their door step. That must have been more than a year ago because Brandon was a toddler now. Did Daniel & Mary-Sue stop? NO! She was pregnant again!Jennifer wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have twins! It would serve them right! Nope, not her! One was enough!! John was an only child & he turned out okay....Lucy would too!

Lucy in her school uniform.jpg
Lucy in her school uniform.jpg (236.2 KiB) Viewed 860 times

A few weeks later as everyone was getting settled into a routine real good, Jennifer got up one morning with flu like symptoms. This went on all day.

Jennifer says uh-oh.jpg
Jennifer says uh-oh.jpg (29.67 KiB) Viewed 860 times

John just happened to be off of work that day & noticed her running to the bathroom to throw up for about the 3rd. time! “Hmm,” he wondered. Could it be? Was Jennifer pregnant? He thought about asking her but figured it would start a fight. Ah, what the heck! You only go thru life once!! When she came back in & sat down, looking most miserable, John started to broach the subject but before he could say anything Jennifer goes, “If you say one word John Burb, I'll...I'll...why, I'll pull my shoe off & throw it at you!” “You did this on purpose!” John, feeling like the cat that ate the canary & left feathers laying around went, “What?” “I was just going to ask you if you were feeling any better.” “Is there anything I can do?” “Would you like a drink of water?” “Should I call a Dr.?” Jennifer burst into tears & replied, “I think I'm pregnant!” John's heart leaped with-in his chest! YES! YES! But on the outside it was....”It'll be okay, Jen-Jen.” “Lucy will have a playmate & I'll help out as much as I can.” “You'll see, it'll be great having another baby!” “I suppose so,” Jennifer said...all the while looking at John as though she still wanted to throw her shoe at him.

Talking about the baby.jpg
Talking about the baby.jpg (163.73 KiB) Viewed 860 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? Bachelor/Caliente-2

A few months later back at the Bachelor/Caliente house...

Everybody jumped when Dina screamed! Yikes! The baby was coming! They all ran over to her trying to figure out how to help her. The next thing Nina & Michael knew...it was over. Dina was standing there smiling smugly like it was a piece of cake to have a baby. She snuggled her new little daughter & handed her over to Michael. “What is her name Dina?” he asked as he buried his face in her neck & breathed the new baby smell. “This is better than the new car smell!”

Meeting baby Chloe.jpg
Meeting baby Chloe.jpg (206.63 KiB) Viewed 752 times

“Well come on Daddy...share the baby with Auntie Nina!” Michael passed Chloe to his sister-in-law with a smile. Nina snuggled her niece & thought to herself, Your cousin (or would it be half sister?) will be born in a few weeks. Then you'll have someone to play with. She handed Chloe back to Dina & went upstairs to bed.

Dina fed her a bottle & thought to herself. “Girlfriend, you look just like your Dad” “Let's see Don even try to disown you!” Michael was hoping that he & Dina could have some children of their own. Why had they waited for so long? Once they got moved into the new house, he would ask Dina if she'd like to have another baby.

Feeding Chloe.jpg
Feeding Chloe.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Dina took Chloe upstairs & placed her in her crib. Then she went in & joined Michael. “Have you thought anymore about the house Dina?” “As a matter of fact, Nina & I went out to look at it the other day.” “The more I thought about it, the more I decided that I'd love to live there!”
“Well, I'm glad to hear that because I talked to Mortimer & he said that him & Bella would sign the Title over to us & all we'd have to do would be pay the yearly taxes on it.” “The house was completely paid off long before Mom & Dad died.”
“I told Nina she could live here.” Should we rent it to her or should we...”Maybe offer her the same deal that Mortimer offered me?”, Michael finished her sentence. “That would be wonderful, Michael! That way, our family home would always have a Caliente living in it.”

Talking before bed.jpg
Talking before bed.jpg (212.77 KiB) Viewed 752 times

The next morning while waiting for Michael to go to work, he dropped a bombshell on Dina...No more clothes shopping for awhile. Well, Dina didn't like that one bit but under the circumstances, she needed to let him have his way....for now. Nina just sat there wishing she had stayed upstairs in her room until he left. Awkward!

Michael laying down some ground rules.jpg
Michael laying down some ground rules.jpg (246.59 KiB) Viewed 752 times

After Michael went to work, Dina called Don & asked him if he'd like to meet his daughter. “Yes, I'll be right over”, he said. Don rang the doorbell & then walked right in. “She's in her crib upstairs”, Dina called out to him. Don took the stairs two at a time. He couldn't wait to see the little pink bundle of joy! Dina & Nina followed him up. They got there just in time to see him snuggling his daughter & looking totally taken in by her!

Don meeting Chloe.jpg
Don meeting Chloe.jpg (199.24 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Don snuggling Chloe.jpg
Don snuggling Chloe.jpg (198.11 KiB) Viewed 752 times

A few weeks later....

Nina & Dina were sitting on the couch talking when all of a sudden Nina didn't feel so well. A sharp pain hit her in the stomach & kept getting sharper! It was enough to make her stand straight up & scream!! Dina jumped to her side & tried to help her with her breathing but before she even got started Nina had a brand new little bundle in her arms! World, meet Desiree Caliente!

Desiree.jpg
Desiree.jpg (212.6 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Nina had chosen to have Desiree sleep in her room rather than in the nursery with Chloe. Maybe when she was a bit older like say a toddler but not while she was so tiny. Nina wanted to be as close as possible to hear every little noise Desiree made!

Nina's room.jpg
Nina's room.jpg (224.53 KiB) Viewed 752 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? Dreamer

Dirk Dreamer kicked the stone & scowled deeper. Life sucked! He couldn't get a break to save his life. Right when he thought he had got his grades back where straight A's were close by, he goes & fails a test! Grrrr! Stupid teacher had it in for him anyways...He felt like he had a black cloud hanging over his head. If that wasn't enough, he could feel him & Lilith drifting apart. She was starting to hang more with her sister's crowd & he was feeling left out. Stomping up the stairs to his room, he threw his homework on his desk & threw himself on his bed. Glancing around the room, he had to chuckle....everything in his room was black & gray. A perfect room for his foul mood!

A room to match Dirk's mood.jpg
A room to match Dirk's mood.jpg (97.91 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Downstairs, he heard his Mom inviting someone in. Dirk cocked his head to hear better. It sounded like a woman...no, there were two women. Maybe one of them was younger. Just as his curiosity was getting the best of him & he had just about decided to go down & check it out, his Mom called for him to come down.

“Dirk, I want you to meet Ophelia Nigmos & this is her Aunt, Olive Specter.” Dirk shook hands with the elderly lady & her & his mom went into the dining room to talk. Turning his attention to Ophelia, he did a double take! Wowsers!! What a looker! Ophelia blushed as Dirk held her hand a little longer than he should have saying hello. He led her to the couch where they could get to know each other better. Dirk's Dad, Darren, sat in the chair next to the couch reading the paper. Dirk wished he'd go find something else to do so he could be alone with this fine young lady!

“Are you new to the neighborhood?”, asked Dirk. “No, we live in Strangetown & don't get the chance to visit Pleasantview very often”, Ophelia replied. “We came today because Aunt Olive needed to visit a sick friend & decided to pop in & say hello to your Mom while we were on this end of town.” “Well, I'm glad you did!” Dirk told her with a flirtatious grin. Ophelia smiled back & asked Dirk if he had a girlfriend. “No...no one special. I have a few prospects but no one seriously...until now”, he winked. (Apparently forgetting all about Lilith Pleasant who he's going steady with.) “How about you?” Dirk asked, holding his breath. “Who me?”, asked Ophelia. “Oh no, I'm free as a bird!” (Hmm, wonder what Johnny Smith will think about that Ophelia?) “Well, maybe we should do something about that then”. Dirk said, as he pulled Ophelia onto his lap.

Dirk & Ophelia.jpg
Dirk & Ophelia.jpg (101.14 KiB) Viewed 725 times

By this time Darren had heard enough & got up to go upstairs & paint a picture.

Darren painting.jpg
Darren painting.jpg (63.37 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Meanwhile, in the dining room, Darlene has got the tea served up & she & Olive are having a nice conversation. “Is he really an alien”? Darlene asked. “That's what they tell me”, Olive replied. “I personally have never seen him but my niece is dating his son & she says they are both as green as grass!” “Really?” Darlene leaned forward to hear more with interest. “Yes & get this.” Olive leaned over & lowered her voice. “There's a man that lives down the road from us with his two brothers, well, he got abducted by aliens & is......PREGNANT!” “NO!” Darlene gasped!

Darlene & Olive gossiping over tea.jpg
Darlene & Olive gossiping over tea.jpg (109.83 KiB) Viewed 725 times

After talking for awhile more & having another cup of tea, Olive called into Ophelia that it was time to leave. Giving Dirk one more nuzzle on his neck, she climbed off of his lap. He promised to call her after school the next day. After they had left, Dirk went to his room & lay on his bed thinking things over. He began wondering what to do about the situation he had just put himself into. He was going to have to break up with Lilith because he definitely wanted to be with Ophelia BAD!

Dirk, thinking of Ophelia.jpg
Dirk, thinking of Ophelia.jpg (83.71 KiB) Viewed 725 times

Ophelia walked into the house & turned down dinner to go to her room. She was having the same thoughts about Johnny that Dirk was having about Lilith. He was getting ready to go to college anyway. She was sure he didn't expect her to wait for him, did he? And Dirk was so cute! She'd talk to Johnny tomorrow & try to break it to him gently but she HAD to have Dirk!

Ophelia, thinking of Dirk.jpg
Ophelia, thinking of Dirk.jpg (88.99 KiB) Viewed 725 times
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take? (Broke)

Brandi ran through the field with the sun beating down on her head. Throwing wide her arms she threw herself in a circle just as Skip caught up with her & grabbed her around the waist & they both tumbled to the ground. Could life be any better? They lay in each others arms, watching the clouds go lazily by & feeling a gentle breeze blowing on their face. Just as Skip had raised up on one elbow & was lowering his lips to Brandi's, they were interrupted by a BZZZ...BZZZ...BZZZ.

Brandi rolled over & turned the alarm off. The alarm clock brought her back to reality very fast. There would be no free time to run in sunny fields for her. It would be another day of fighting with the kids, cleaning the trailer, & having nothing to show for it. As she went to the kitchen to get the coffee on, she heard the shower come on as Skip got ready for his day. Maybe this would be the day when he got a job. Passing Dustin's door, she tapped lightly & waited for the “I'm awake”, before moving on. Maybe she could get Beau potty trained today....who knew?

Brandi making coffee.jpg
Brandi making coffee.jpg (81.83 KiB) Viewed 719 times

As Brandi sat down to drink her first cup of coffee of the morning, she heard the bus pull up & Dustin holler good-bye as he ran out the door & almost at the same time she heard Skip ask Beau if he had to go potty. Good! Let Skip teach him...she had been trying for the last week or so with no luck. Maybe he would get through to Beau. She had finished her first cup & was working on her second when all of a sudden, she felt sick as a dog! Brandi jumped up & ran for the toilet as fast as she could!! As she threw up, Skip looked around at her like, “Really?” “You had to pick now to get sick?”

Skip potty traing-Brandi being sick.jpg
Skip potty traing-Brandi being sick.jpg (36.04 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Brandi got the beds made & had just finished getting dressed when Beau toddled in telling her that he went potty...”Good boy!”, she told him. She took him up on her lap & began singing a nursery rhyme to him. Skip took that as his chance to exit far left & go get a paper. Hopefully there would be something in the Want Ads today. This staying at home with the wife & kids was for the birds. Skip was a man's man....he needed to be out working with his hands, doing something useful. Not sitting around the house all day.

Brandi, making the bed.jpg
Brandi, making the bed.jpg (68.54 KiB) Viewed 719 times

After Skip got the paper & spent the rest of the afternoon reading it, he was sitting there in the chair when Dustin & his girlfriend, Angela walked in. As usual they immediately started sucking face....didn't kids have any morals at all anymore? They didn't care where they were to make out. He & Brandi had at least tried to keep it covered up a little. But forget them, he needed to find a job but fast! Nothing in the Want-Ads again. “Dustin!” “That dog is back & just knocked over the trashcan again!” Dustin ran out to chase it off but not before the stupid animal had rolled in the trash & made an awful mess! Great! Now he had to clean that up!

Stray dog rolling in trash.jpg
Stray dog rolling in trash.jpg (93.25 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Dustin said good-bye to Angela & then asked his Dad to help him with his homework when he got back inside. He didn't want Angela to think bad of him because he wasn't as smart as she was. He was going to study hard & get him a job!

Skip, helping Dustin with homework.jpg
Skip, helping Dustin with homework.jpg (87.34 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Brandi decided to go in & take a pregnancy test because this “sickness” had begun to seem very familiar. Sure enough, she was pregnant again. Oh, Skip was gonna love this! They barely had enough to keep food on the table now. And where would they put the new baby? Well, Dustin would just have to share his room with Beau & the new baby would sleep in the room with her & Skip. Oh yeah, this was going to go over so well. She pulled out her maternity clothes & found she felt much better in them than in her regular clothes. Well, they'd have something to talk about over supper tonight!

As they sat around the table eating pizza that night & talking about the days events, Skip was in the middle of telling how he had potty trained Beau when all of a sudden he stopped & really looked at Brandi. “Isn't that a maternity dress you've got on?” “Yes Skip, it sure is....and that would make me?” “Wait for it”....”wait for it”....”wait for it”.... “But how?” Skip stuttered. “All I know”, Dustin interjected as he arose from the table, “is I'm NOT sharing my room with a screaming baby!” “No,” Skip replied quickly, “you'll share your room with a screaming TODDLER!” “We are a family!” Dustin ran off to his little cramped room which was about to become even more cramped in the next few weeks!

Discussing the day as the Brokes eat supper.jpg
Discussing the day as the Brokes eat supper.jpg (77.9 KiB) Viewed 719 times

Brandi & Skip talked it over & decided it would be cramped for a little while but with-in the next 9 months, they'd have to find another place to live. One with a couple of more bedrooms. Skip just HAD to find a job. But where?
MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pleasantview...A different take?

Postby lindawing » October 3rd, 2015, 6:15 am

Looking great, Patty! Good work!!! You can delete this later if you want, but I wanted you to know I've read it, and that the pictures are perfect! :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 3rd, 2015, 10:09 pm

...but can he keep that promise? :lol:

Good storytelling, Patty, and the pictures are great!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MamaLambNC » October 3rd, 2015, 11:18 pm

MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 4th, 2015, 7:17 am

There you go! I'm looking forward to more updates, Patty! I don't know how you can keep everyone straight!!! ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MamaLambNC » October 5th, 2015, 1:48 am

MamaLambNC
Administrator
Administrator