Guild Wars 2 Has Just Gone FTP for the Base Game!!!

This public forum is for talking about how you play Guild Wars 2.

Guild Wars 2 Has Just Gone FTP for the Base Game!!!

Postby lindawing » August 30th, 2015, 8:34 pm

Harry left me a note early this morning, that Guild Wars 2 has gone free-to-play for the base game (which is all he has).

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/

If you read through their announcement, I think you'll be impressed--especially when you compare their policy about player-satisfaction vs. company greed!

Even with just base game, GW2 has a TON of stuff that can be done, and it has all of the intensive character-making stuff in it, and the wonderful graphics. I've been watching Harry play since moving over here, and I'm really impressed and have been itching to get my hands on it!

I'm heading over to that link to download the client! I'm so excited! :joy: :hooray:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Guild Wars 2 Has Just Gone FTP for the Base Game!!!

Postby psychedelicsim » September 1st, 2015, 1:18 pm

Sweet! I need to reinstall GW2 so we can all play together. ;-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » September 2nd, 2015, 5:50 am

I'll be adding some pictures of my Lwinda character, soon. I ended up going ahead and pre-purchasing the EP that is being released on 10/23. That's all I have to pay for, to have everything from both the base game AND the expansion (on the day it is released).

So I'm learning the game (and loving it). :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Rheassi-Sim » September 6th, 2015, 4:40 pm

Hubby has this one I think but I have never tried it. I thought it was a PvP game and I never liked those. I only have enough time for one game right now but will ask hubby about Guild Wars 2.
Rheassi-Sim
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 6th, 2015, 7:58 pm

You can play PvP or WvW, but you can also play the game just fine without doing all of that. Right now I'm just focusing on learning how things work, before I venture into anything more than just questing, exploring, and crafting (which I haven't begun yet, though I have been gathering materials).
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 9th, 2015, 11:07 pm

I'm installing GW2 on my new computer right now. I will save up some money from a couple of my paychecks to buy the expansion pack. I need to re-familiarize myself with the base game first. ;-)
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 10th, 2015, 1:28 am

I really love the game. I have troubles with a few of the scenic vistas. I think I need a new keyboard that will allow better jumping. My spacebar is wearing out, I think. :-(

I haven't tried any of the team WvW stuff or any of the PvP stuff. I figured I'd be best off familiarizing myself with the game itself before I tried any of that. As in WoW, I tend to get a little lost and nervous in crowd scenes. :-(

Lwinda has reached level 47, now, though, and there are a couple of things that require me to have at least a 5-person team, so I need to figure that stuff out, too!

Harry has helped me with a couple of the jumping puzzles. He has a mesmer, who can make fancy little ports for me to jump into, that carry me to the places I can't seem to reach any other way. :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby psychedelicsim » October 10th, 2015, 4:19 pm

That's really cool! I can't remember what level my character is. I never got a chance to open up the game yesterday. I think she's in the 30s, but I'm not sure. I'm looking forward to being able to have some time to sit down and play, because I do remember that I loved the game play. I'm sure there have been many changes since I played last. :uhhuh:
psychedelicsim
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » October 10th, 2015, 7:51 pm

We might be able to play together, too. I'm not quite sure how all the server stuff works, but I think we can play TOGETHER at any time, because all the servers are joined together as a "super server." We won't necessarily be able to do either PvP or WvW together or against each other, but I'm pretty sure we can play together for mapping. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Guild Wars 2