SUNFLOWER COUNTY : INTRODUCTIONS & NOTES

This is where you can find my TS2 Storytelling efforts. This is a public forum.

Moderator: PattyHeart

Re: Welcome To Sunflower County

Postby PattyHeart » August 19th, 2016, 3:56 am

lindawing wrote:The Hardtt brothers' name. ;-)
Looking forward to the rest of the photos!

The Hardtt brothers go way far back in my Sims 2 ! Their surname (over time) changed from Heart to Hardtt . Their original home was one of the very first that I built, This was before I knew how to use all of the building tools such as the delete hammer resulting in some creative work arounds for mistakes!

They've always been recreated in CAS as elderly bachelors. I only recently learned how to clone my created Sims.

They love to entertain and in the past have taken in homeless families, helped a single mother raise her children and have taken in interesting boarders. Currently it is just the two brothers. Each time they enter the game anew their story is different so that they've enjoyed several most interesting lives!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Family Stories

Postby PattyHeart » August 19th, 2016, 4:02 am

While playing the Kettle family today and organizing notes and screenshots to be able to tell their story it occurred to me that it will work best to keep this thread as a newspaper for Sunflower County and Songbird Hills - and to start separate 'threads' for each main household (or family line). :yeah:

:hug-group-big:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 19th, 2016, 5:31 am

That would probably work the best! Looking forward to seeing further organization. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

New Post Cards

Postby PattyHeart » August 21st, 2016, 11:07 pm

Mr. Leo Smile wishes to thank everyone who has submitted photos to be considered for use as promotional postal cards. He asks that you "Please keep them coming!" by sending your photos of local landmarks, scenery and community events to: ML_smilie@cityhall.net

The newest postal cards (shown here) are now available.
wintersunflowers.jpg
wintersunflowers.jpg (88.48 KiB) Viewed 898 times

appleHarvest.jpg
appleHarvest.jpg (106.31 KiB) Viewed 898 times

church_sportscenter.jpg
church_sportscenter.jpg (105 KiB) Viewed 898 times

farmLand.jpg
farmLand.jpg (81.7 KiB) Viewed 898 times

farmLand2.jpg
farmLand2.jpg (91.61 KiB) Viewed 898 times

SimBroadcasting.jpg
SimBroadcasting.jpg (91.77 KiB) Viewed 898 times

SOngbirdHills.jpg
SOngbirdHills.jpg (81.18 KiB) Viewed 898 times

(A special thank you to Sunflower County Aviation for the aerial views!)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » August 21st, 2016, 11:31 pm

lindawing wrote:That would probably work the best! Looking forward to seeing further organization. ;-)

Along with making more sense this should allow anyone viewing a choice. Not everyone will be interested in the set up details or news - and some may become interested in a particular Sim or family and wish to check in there first (for example). :uhhuh:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Welcome To Sunflower County: NEWS

Postby lindawing » August 22nd, 2016, 12:32 am

Loving the postcards! I think my favorite is Farmland 2! Reminds me of around here. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

NOTE: Kettles & MacDonalds

Postby PattyHeart » August 22nd, 2016, 7:05 am

I've been playing the households (in a specific rotation order) to really get this nieghborhood going. Something that I am seeing is that the two households with children (The MacDonald and Kettle families) are affected by very different living and financial situations.

While the MacDonald's are not considered wealthy (and Mr. MacDonald has needed to take out a loan to put towards purchasing the farm market) they are comfortable. The MacDonald children (Saul and Ginger) are well supervised, disciplined and helped to do well at school. While Ginger knows the younger Kettle children she is discouraged from spending much time with them. Both Saul and Ginger are kept busy at home being expected to help with farm chores. They recieve help with homework and have learned to study, Saul is enrolled in the highschool job training program (through the community college) which comes with a part time job. Unlike the Kettle teens (Wesley and Wanda) Saul has no time to "hang out" in the "Spooky Woods". It also helps that his parents know where he is and when he will be home.

Let's just say that the situation we at first find in the Kettle's home over in the 'poorer side of town' is quite opposite of what we find in the MacDonald home. It is fair to note that the Kettle chaos is not there because they are poor. Things are as they are becausee the parent's do not see things the same way when it comes to discipline. Paw (a likeable fellow) happens to be extremely lazy. Being let go from his job at the coal mines (10 years ago) came as a huge relief and he has made no effort to look for another. Maw, being a responsible, hard-working Sim who (like Paw) is lacking in education began cleaning local homes and business offices. Working as a cleaner was meant to be temporary. Ten years on we find Maw still doing this while Paw, who lets the chldren run wild, takes it easy at home.

Both the MacDonald and the Kettle families live in inherited homes. Douglas MacDonald inherited a well run and well maintained farm from his father. Paw kettle inherited a run down farm home (with no farm land) from a distant aunt shortly after he and Maw (both in thier teens) decided to get married because Maw was pregnant with Wesley.

10:22 PM 8/21/2016
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: SUNFLOWER COUNTY : INTRODUCTIONS & NOTES

Postby lindawing » August 22nd, 2016, 7:23 am

Very interesting! I would imagine those scenarios would definitely lead in different directions! :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 22nd, 2016, 9:50 am

lindawing wrote:Very interesting! I would imagine those scenarios would definitely lead in different directions! :uhhuh:

True! :ohno:

And then Melvin Mayor's life took an interesting turn .... :uhhuh:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 22nd, 2016, 10:36 am

Oh oh!!! Can't wait to see what's been happening there!!!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 22nd, 2016, 5:55 pm

lindawing wrote:Oh oh!!! Can't wait to see what's been happening there!!!

Wait no longer!! :rolleyes:

When I last visited Melvin Mayor he surprised me by having gone out on his own to adopt an elderly white cat. Because he lives alone I let him keep it. It really was rather sweet how closely he and the old cat bonded with one another. So, I felt quite sorry for Melvin when this time around his pet passed away.

Because he was lonely and because he'd just redecorated the guest bedroom (in a more masculine style) I helped Melvin look for a roommate. It just so happened that an elderly townie gentleman, who happens to be a city council member, had placed an ad. Melvin interviewed Alec Midlock and determined that he would likely be a quietly pleasant companion. In fact, they straight away 'clicked" and very soon became good friends. Come to find out neither had ever married and had no real interest in the opposite sex. They share much in common including a desire to travel and a favorite BBC telly program; Vicious. Melvin and Alec have at long last each found "true love". However, because this type of love is frowned upon it is best kept private. While Melvin plans to not run again for Mayor his partner, Alec, plans to run for this office as another step towards running for Sunflower State governor. So, Melvin's story will be Alec's story as well.

9:51 AM 8/22/2016
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 23rd, 2016, 5:23 am

Oh my! Don't worry...I will not "snitch!" :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 6th, 2016, 8:30 pm