Return To Pleasantview

In this public forum, you'll discover little newspaper update articles about my TS2 Sims Households. Enjoy!

Moderator: PattyHeart

Return To Pleasantview

Postby PattyHeart » May 26th, 2018, 11:14 pm

If there is one thing that can be counted on in Pleasantview it is that things will never be the same each time it is played. So, get yourself a comfy chair, a cup of tea or coffee or a cold drink and a few snacks to enjoy while reading the news and gossip from my Return To Pleasantview. ( Which may rival the Return To Peyton Place!)

At this point (a good number of years into the future ) we now have a Public Libary. Police Station, Town Hall. Elementary School, High School, Diner, Chain Restaraunt. Gas Station. a Park dedicated to the missing Bella Goth, Cemetary, Savings & Loan and a Gym. There are also new homes, 2 trailer parks and 2 apartments.

Along the way I will share where I have downloaded lots created by others and will upload those that I have built or refurbished.

Meet you there!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Recent Past History To Set The Stage

Postby PattyHeart » May 26th, 2018, 11:25 pm

Bits of gossip and goings on from the past.

Mad scientist Mortimer Goth's wife, Bella, disapeared without a trace leaving him to raise a young son, Alexander, and daughter, Casandra, on his own.

Darren Dreamer's wife passed away unexpectedly leaving him to raise thier son, Dirk.

Skip Broke drowned after someone removed the ladder in the family's small back garden swim pool. His pregnant wife, Brandi (Newbie) was left to raise thier two sons, Dustin and Beau. on her own.
BrokeBros.jpg
The Broke Brothers
BrokeBros.jpg (13.54 KiB) Viewed 64 times

After playing the field with several local ladies, Don Lothario married his fiance Cassandra Goth. Sometime after thier son, Gale, became a teen Don (feeling neglected by his career oriented wife) began to stray. By then both he and Cassie were elders. Anyway, when Cassie discovered his affair with townie Chris Dennis she tossed him out of newly rebuilt Goth Manor. Cassie is now a divorced elder raising a teenager.
DonCassWed.jpg
Don Cass Wedding
DonCassWed.jpg (14.79 KiB) Viewed 64 times

DonCassieElders.jpg
Don Cass Eldere
DonCassieElders.jpg (7.46 KiB) Viewed 64 times

GaleGothTeen.jpg
Teen Gale Goth
GaleGothTeen.jpg (10.35 KiB) Viewed 64 times

Just one day after Don and Chris moved into a cheap rental near the water tower on Woodland Drive Don passed away.

Chris, who was unemployed and unable to pay rent, moved in with the elderly Caliente sisters ( who needed a live in house keeper). When Chris gave birth to daughter, Donna Jean, the elderly sisters were delighted.
snapshot_2dae895f_c8155532.jpg
Elder Caliente Sisters
snapshot_2dae895f_c8155532.jpg (13.52 KiB) Viewed 64 times

snapshot_2dae895f_2814b12b.jpg
Donna Jean Home Birth
snapshot_2dae895f_2814b12b.jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 64 times

ChrisDonna Dennis.jpg
Chris and Donna Jean Dennis
ChrisDonna Dennis.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 64 times

It was soon after Cassie and Don's wedding when Mortimer decided to invest much of his fortune into rebuilding Goth Manor. The house suffered from a leaking roof, long outdated electric wiring and faulty plumbing in addition to its rapidly sinking foundation. A new Goth Manor was built next to the Cemetery and within walking distance of the elegant park dedicated to Bella.
NewGOthManor.jpg
New Goth Manor
NewGOthManor.jpg (14.93 KiB) Viewed 64 times

After Alexander became a teen Morty, wishing to tinker with his weather machine and other experiments in peace, moved into a small home of his own. When Alexander became an adult (working in the Intelligence field) he moved in with his father who needed some looking after.
MOrtyAlone.jpg
Mortimer Goth Alone
MOrtyAlone.jpg (12.4 KiB) Viewed 64 times

Unable to pay rent and keep up with bills meant that Darren Dreamer's home went back to the bank. He and teen son, Dirk, moved to a cheap rental shack on Woodland Avenue. Darren, suffering from depression, threw himself into painting, gardening, fishing and looking after his son. He stayed in the cheap rental to be able to save as much of the money earned from selling paintings, garden produce and fresh fish as possible. He did this for Dirk.
DirkDarrenD.jpg
Father and Son
DirkDarrenD.jpg (16.09 KiB) Viewed 64 times

DirkElderDad.jpg
Elder Darren with Adult Dirk
DirkElderDad.jpg (12.2 KiB) Viewed 64 times

Dirk Dreamer was an adult (working in the Law career field) when his elder father passed away. His younger friend, Alexander, invited Dirk to move in with him and Morty. Morty passed away soon after.

Mary Sue (Oldie) Pleasant was often heard to say that their girl's (Angela and Lilith's) constant bickering would likely " be the death of us". And it was! By the time Mary Sue and Daniel became elders stress had taken such a toll that they died while her parents. Herb and Coral Oldie are yet living.
HerbCoralOldie.jpg
Herb and Coral Oldie
HerbCoralOldie.jpg (10.86 KiB) Viewed 63 times

Dan Pleasant's sister, Jenifer Burb and her husband John took in one of the twins. Angela, when middle aged Mary Sue suffered a mental break down after giving birth to Irma Louise. After Angela graduated from high school she moved back home reigniting the fighting with her sister.
MarySueWIrmaLouise.jpg
Mary Sue with Irma Louise
MarySueWIrmaLouise.jpg (8.33 KiB) Viewed 63 times

BurbPlasant.jpg
Angela with John, Jennifer and Lucy Burb
BurbPlasant.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 63 times

snapshot_cdae71fd_68140f0a.jpg
Lilith and Irma Louise
snapshot_cdae71fd_68140f0a.jpg (10.07 KiB) Viewed 62 times

Dan and Mary Pleasant's young third daughter, Irma Louise was left in the care of her adult sisters who, following a house fire, packed up and moved in with the grandparents.

Lucy Burb (John and Jennifer's daughter) had moved in with the Pleasant girl's after both John and Jennifer died during a particularly bad flu outbreak.

The Oldie's once quiet life was abruptly turned upside down with the presence of all granddaughters along with thier cousin, Lucy.

The widow Brandi Broke gave birth to a third son, Sandy. She moved her family into a more affordable trailer in Pleasant Mobile Home Park.

Brandi Broke, when Sandy was a toddler, succumbed to the same illness as did John and Jennifer Burb. Adult Dustin moved the family into the cheap place previously occupied by the Dreamers. Beau will soon graduate from high school, Sandy attends the local elementary school. Dustin is unemployed. The Brokes are broke and barely able to keep up with rent and bills.

The forclosed on home that once belonged to the Dreamer family has been purchased and refurbished by an elderly couple, Mr. and Mrs. Goodie.

And then there is Kaylyn Langerak who, upon receiving inheritance monies from a Sim City relative, quit work as a maid. She purchased a newly built, small home and has for the most part kept to herself.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Preserving Family Line Genetics

Postby PattyHeart » May 26th, 2018, 11:25 pm

My Gameplay Objective at this time is to organize individual household lots to contain all (or most all) members of each family where the surname ( or family line) is shared. (Basically). And to insure that the original family line genetics are passed along.

To preserve family line genetics it is necessary that at least one child is born to at least one member of each new generation of that line. The "Sim Blender" makes it possible to do even when there is no male descendent.

It became obvious that the elderly Caliente sisters were no longer viable pregnancy candidates. Happily Chris Dennis ( mother of Donna Jean Dennis) agreed to carry a pregnancy brought about (in a fertility clinic) where Nina's genetics have been combine with her own.

Chris has now given birth to a daughter who is related to the Caliente sisters maternal and paternal family lines. It is of particular importance to preserve thier Alien genetics.

I kept Kaylynn Langerak a young woman not to be brought into active game play until needed for the purpose of genetics preservation. That time has now come.

When Alexander Goth put his father's small home up for sale and moved back into Goth Manor his housemate, elderly Dirk Dreamer, moved in with Kaylynn. Dirk and Kaylynn had recently become engaged after she became pregnant. This child will carry both Dreamer and Langerak genetics.

Now to give attention to the Pleasant and Burb family lines. This will be interesting seeing that Lucy Burb is related to the Pleasant girls via her mother (Jennifer was Danial Pleasant's sister).

I do hope you are not confused. (You can always refresh your memory by referring back to the previous few paragraphs!)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: Return To Pleasantview

Postby lindawing » May 27th, 2018, 9:03 am

You would have totally delighted Patty Lamb with this story, Anne! I miss her so much!

Glad you are having so much fun with TS2. :joy:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » May 27th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Linda, I think of our Patty Lamb each time I open the Sims 2. Yes, she is deeply missed.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » May 27th, 2018, 9:27 pm

:foryou:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Town Back Up Plan In Case Of Disaster!!

Postby PattyHeart » May 27th, 2018, 11:17 pm

After seeing some unusual, odd behavior in my current game ( that has never happened before!) it was brought to my attention that a back up plan is needed just on the off chance that this NH becomes corrupted. (There's always a first time!)

Thankfully, I enjoy record keeping which will come in handy if I need to at some point create new sims in a new, clean neighborhood.

After restarting the game some time ago I did not bother to replace the stealth hoods with clean, empty stealth hoods. (which I have now seen to this afternoon!)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520751

I also use Mootilda's Hood Checker:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=456523
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » May 27th, 2018, 11:37 pm

Probably a wise move!!!

Looking at your topic title (Return to Pleasantview), reminds me that MTS has a Sims 4 save that has all of the worlds renamed to Sims 2 neighborhoods (or Sims 3...don't remember for sure at the moment). I think I may go download that, and maybe have some fun building at least a few things from the original TS2 neighborhoods...or...hmmm...maybe the original TS 1 neighborhoods!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » May 27th, 2018, 11:57 pm

Oh, Good Grief!! First thing I might ask someone else after installing or reinstalling the UC: " Did you update via Origin?". I plum forgot to !!

( Next day) And the odd goings on are apparently linked to either a Mod or CC in my game. So, spent time today sorting out the situation. So far - so good!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » May 28th, 2018, 2:39 am

Sounds like something I would do, too! LOL
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Pleasntview Uploads

Postby PattyHeart » June 8th, 2018, 11:11 pm

This list will be added to overtime. :yeah:
Updated Refurbished Main Street Community Lots :
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=3520&p=28299#p28299
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

GAME PLAY NOTES

Postby PattyHeart » June 11th, 2018, 6:38 am

To simplify record keeping,the living adult Sims in Pleasantview at the point in time where game play begins are being designated as Generation One (first geneartion in play). However, the previous generations are not forgotten.

While all Generation 2 children will have graduated from highschool not all end up attending College (or University).

At college it takes a full 6 months to complete each of the 6 semesters, This adds up to a full three years of on campus living. Students may become engaged, however, in order to remain until graduaton, they may not marry.

To attend college a highschool student must achieve an A or A+ grade average and must study Lifelong Happiness, Physiology and Anger Management.

Generations apply to each individual family and not to the community as a whole. For example a generation 3 child from one household may have classmates who are counted as a different generations in thier own families.

I am also assigning family traits that are handed down along with genetics. For example direct Goth decendents inherit either Family or Knowledge as secondary traits.

Only Sims who have an alien parent, grandparent or great grandparent are able to use the Elixer Of Life.

10:35 PM 6/10/2018
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Goth, Pleasant, Broke, Dreamer, Burb UPDATE

Postby PattyHeart » June 11th, 2018, 6:46 am

Currently:

Lilith ( recently widowed) married townie Daniel Cameron.Thier young son is, Pleasant Cameron. Lilith is a Congress Person.

Angela has remained single and is devoted to her military career. She is now proudly serving as a Commander.

Angela. Lilith, baby sister Irma Louise and Pleasant currently live in a home inherited from Herb and Coral Oldie.

Angela and Lilith still do not get along, however both are close to Pleasant and to thier baby sister Irma Louise Pleasant.

Irma Louise recently graduated from Sim State U.

Lilith and Angela are middle-aged ladies. Irma Louise is a young adult,

Dirk Dreamer after he became an elder married Kaylynn Langerak. They have a daughter, Delilah Dreamer langerak.

Don did marry his fiance, Cassandra Goth and divorced after reaching elderhood. (Both are now deceased). Thier son, Gale, a recent SSU graduate. resides at the New Goth Manor with his elderly uncle, Alexander and young Alien nephew George Gunther.

Lucy Burb, an All Star Athlete, is married to elderly townie Niel Chalmers. He is a prep cook at the Chain Diner just outside of Pleasantview. They have a toddler daughter, Betty, and reside in the nearby town of Crowborough.

Dustin Broke looked after his young brothers Beau and Sandy after thier mother died. They remained poor, living in a rented shack, He recently died of old age. Like Dustin, Beau is a jobless adult. Sandy earned scholarships enabling him to attend SSU. He has now graduated and moved back into the shack with Beau. Sandy hopes to bring the broke Broke family out of poverty.

10:44 PM 6/10/2018
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

THE ALIEN CONNECTION

Postby PattyHeart » June 11th, 2018, 8:11 am

Bella Bachelor Goth vanished without a trace on the same night when Dina and Nina Cliente moved into a home on Main Street. Because the Caliente sisters are known to have Alien ancestry some suspect a connection between thier sudden arival and Bella's disapearance.

Following the arrival of the Caliente sisters a small number of Pleasantview residents have reported occasional sightings of Alien aircraft. There has also been one known abduction resulting in a male later giving birth to an Alien child. Is it a coincidence that the abductee was Bella Goth's adult son, Alexander Goth?

It is interesting that Dina Caliente is connected to Bella via her marriage to Bella's brother, Micheal Bachelor. The couple didnot reside in Pleasantview. Being older than his wife he succumbed (it is assumed) to old age. When the sisters relocated to Pleasantview Dina brought along an urn containing her late husband's ashes.

Dina's obvious financially motivated romantic interest in Bella's wealthy husband, Mortimer Goth, gives some reason to suspect that she (and possibly Dina) had a hand in Bella's disapearance. It is held that they may well have arranged an Alien abduction.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » June 11th, 2018, 8:18 am

Yup...this all would have definitely been right up Patty's alley! Well done, Anne!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to TS2--Neighborhood News