PLEASE READ: The Version of Sims 2 That I Now Use

In this public forum, you'll discover little newspaper update articles about my TS2 Sims Households. Enjoy!

Moderator: PattyHeart

PLEASE READ: The Version of Sims 2 That I Now Use

Postby PattyHeart » August 11th, 2016, 11:38 pm

Most of the older lots that I built were created in the disc loaded TS2 with all EPs and SPs. They remain useable with the free UC version offered via Origin. This version includes all of the EP and Eps. My older lots are compatible with the UC. However, to the best of my knowledge, lots created with the UC are not compatible with the disc loaded version.

The UC is easily fully updated via Origin immediately after installing. I do not have to be signed into Origin to play. I have used the UC ever since it was first offered and have been very happy with it. It is needful to remove the disc loaded version or Store Edition (whichever is on one's PC) before installing the UC.

I understand that the UC is still only available to those who already have the original Sims 2.

Most of my older pre-UC lots are saved on a CD and should work with both versions. I will add a note indicating where I know for certain that it is an older lot (and had not been creataed in the UC version).

I do believe that most Sims2 players have now changed over to the UC - one reason being that it is problem free.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: PLEASE READ: The Version of Sims 2 That I Now Use

Postby PattyHeart » August 11th, 2016, 11:51 pm

I understand that it is a good idea to use the AnyGameStarter to create completed neighborhoods meant to be shared with other players. Which I can't do seeing how that program does not (yet) work with the UC.

What I can do is to share lots that can be used to create different types of custom neighborhoods; and I have already created a fair number of those over the years. One example being my SimSahara (ongoing) project inspired by the Sims 3 vacation destination - Egypt. So, I am gathering those up to share.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: PLEASE READ: The Version of Sims 2 That I Now Use

Postby lindawing » August 12th, 2016, 2:02 am

Good idea!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2--Neighborhood News