Sunflower County: PLANNING & SET UP

In this public forum, you'll discover little newspaper update articles about my TS2 Sims Households. Enjoy!

Moderator: PattyHeart

Re: Sunflower County: PLANNING & SET UP

Postby lindawing » August 26th, 2016, 4:34 am

I love the airport destination! You've done a really great job with it. :joy:

I'm trying to renew my interest in all three, right now. I always loved TS2, to obsession, really, but every time I've tried to get back into it after TS3, with the open world and the "prettier" Sims, I just haven't been able to do it, past building a single thing to help Patty a couple of times.

I do really still love TS3, but it was SO slow for me with the other computer, that I just couldn't abide being in it very long. It took over an hour to even start the launcher for me the last few times I was in it! Now it takes about 5 minutes! I'm going to be doing some more stuff in Monopoly tonight, and I'll see how the building goes, and some playing. I was mainly just placing lots last night, which was going extremely well.

I love a lot about TS4, and was really going great guns with it in the beginning, but I miss the open world, mainly. So...yeah.

I would have been very thrilled to have had them fine tune TS3 to speed it up again, and then give us the extra building tools from TS4. :lol:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 26th, 2016, 5:26 am

Linda, I agree 'fine tuning" Sims 3 with more building tools would have been welcome! I do still play and enjoy 3. Sims 4 is a very pretty game sadly, as Jessa (The Jessa Channel) has said it just 'feels flat'. Spending some time with set aside games when we are rested and in a creative mood can be a good way to discover whether or not our interest can be rekindled. Interests can ebb and flow and change over time. And, with some things there can come a time to "say good bye " and to move on to something new. Besides, it is best to not be trying to do or to be involved with too many things all at once where there is no real time to focus, follow through and to ENJOY!!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 26th, 2016, 12:53 pm

Is this neighborhood deco or playable lots? I do have a lot of CC neighborhood deco from MTS and elsewhere.

Anne, I believe they had it all. However, one of the set-up packages (there were a number of them) mentioned decorating yourself with what the game offered as far as runways and greenery. That way you could personalize it more to your needs, I believe. I imagine they have just about anything anyone would want or need in all community type areas. Wherever anyone's imagination can take them.... I used to spend a lot of time at MTS2 back before Sims 3 came out. :uhhuh:

:friends:
MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lindawing » August 26th, 2016, 3:12 pm

Yes, me too. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » August 26th, 2016, 4:02 pm

MelodyOkie wrote:Is this neighborhood deco or playable lots? I do have a lot of CC neighborhood deco from MTS and elsewhere.

Anne, I believe they had it all. However, one of the set-up packages (there were a number of them) mentioned decorating yourself with what the game offered as far as runways and greenery. That way you could personalize it more to your needs, I believe. I imagine they have just about anything anyone would want or need in all community type areas. Wherever anyone's imagination can take them.... I used to spend a lot of time at MTS2 back before Sims 3 came out. :uhhuh:

Using our imagination it is possible to do a lot with what the game offers to start out with. Well done CC deco makes it possible to do even more. I've not read any tutorials - just looked at what can be used and worked out how to use it to look like a tarmac and runway..and whatever. (I will look to see if there are any old threads at MTS discussing this.)

Because the TS2 community and TS2 creators remain active there I visit MTS often. (My handle there is teafortwo.)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby MelodyOkie » August 26th, 2016, 4:10 pm

MelodyOkie
Administrator
Administrator

UPDATE: Tropical Vacation - Pineapple Island

Postby PattyHeart » August 29th, 2016, 1:07 am

"Whew!" I have spent many hours off and on these past few days setting up Pineapple Island. building lots, play testing, making corrections and improvements and then testing again. The map used is the Twikki Island SC4 which is not too small and not to big.
snapshot_00000008_84ce776b.jpg
snapshot_00000008_84ce776b.jpg (56.34 KiB) Viewed 512 times

I've added and tested two beautiful hotel lots downloaded from MTS only to find that both are (for me) too busy, with too much stuff placed in too many small spaces making navigation difficult and causing my Sims to feel tense. What they want are places to stay that are attractive, interesting, easy to get around in and with out a big crowd of guests and islanders jostling for 'elbow room' and getting in one another's way. So, I will keep those in place just for looks (and as place holders) until I can find or build more suitable (yet similar) lots of the same size.
snapshot_00000008_64ce32c1.jpg
snapshot_00000008_64ce32c1.jpg (82.89 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Mixing modern with ancient.
snapshot_84a8dd44_04cf0715.jpg
snapshot_84a8dd44_04cf0715.jpg (98.48 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Luxury Cruiser Liner has arrived!
snapshot_00000008_a4ce76cd.jpg
snapshot_00000008_a4ce76cd.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 512 times

Oh, and a word of warning, I discovered that placing the little LAMPAN table lamps on dining or picnic tables prevents prepared or ordered food from appearing! :yikes:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » August 29th, 2016, 2:36 am

I know what you mean about lots being too busy. I always have to remind myself about that when building. Once I get to playing a lot, I usually have to take out a whole bunch of stuff. :lol:

What size lots are those? There might be one of the TS2 Monopoly hotels made by our members here, that might do the job for you.

There are a couple of lamps in TS4 that do that (or at least did, originally...may have been corrected, now). The camping lantern, if put on a table, prevents the Sims from sitting down to eat there. They'll just SIT, but they won't eat while sitting in that chair, because the lamp won't (wouldn't, at least) allow plates to be set on the table!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Change Can Be A Good Thing !!

Postby PattyHeart » September 4th, 2016, 6:01 pm

I will not take the time to go into detail and will only say that this version of Sunflower County & Songbird Hills came to an end early last week when my game fell ill.

And, yet, there is a 'silver lining'! The new version promises to be much improved in many ways.

I am also sharing the empty neighborhood that I am using based on the Riverblossom Hills SC4 map. The larger portion is where I am locating the small town of Songbird Hills. Over yonder across the bridge represents a portion of rural Sunflower County - eliminating the need to attach a subhood to represent the area.

A list of any mods used to manage Sunflower County and any Custom Content used will be shared. I will also share the homes and community lots being built. These will be free of Custom Content. However, some of the lots in my game will include CC items that will be listed and linked to.

My LittleVille SC4 files are still available here. This works well for a larger town (larger than Songbird Hills needs to be).

I am enjoying the trip along the way and you are welcome to join me in this journey :-)

viewtopic.php?f=165&t=3251
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 4th, 2016, 10:51 pm

I posted in the other topic, about how we might get the files posted here. Another way is to put the files on a DVD and mail them tome as you've done before. Will PM you my new address right now.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to TS2--Neighborhood News