SUNFLOWER COUNTY RETURNS !!!!

In this public forum, you'll discover little newspaper update articles about my TS2 Sims Households. Enjoy!

Moderator: PattyHeart

SUNFLOWER COUNTY RETURNS !!!!

Postby PattyHeart » September 4th, 2016, 6:05 pm

I will not take the time to go into detail and will only say that the original version of Sunflower County & Songbird Hills came to an end early last week when my game fell ill. :sob:

And, yet, there is a 'silver lining'! The new version promises to be much improved in many ways. :joy:

WELCOME to the New and Improved Sunflower County!! :hi:
snapshot_00000037_e4da0e8c.jpg
snapshot_00000037_e4da0e8c.jpg (60.6 KiB) Viewed 553 times

snapshot_00000037_24da0d9e.jpg
snapshot_00000037_24da0d9e.jpg (12.24 KiB) Viewed 553 times

I am also sharing the empty neighborhood that I am using based on the Riverblossom Hills SC4 map. The larger portion is where I am locating the small town of Songbird Hills. Over yonder across the bridge represents a portion of rural Sunflower County - eliminating the need to attach a subhood to represent the area.

EMPTY NIEGHBORHOOD IS FOUND HERE: :yeah:
viewtopic.php?f=164&t=3252

A list of any mods used to manage Sunflower County and any Custom Content used will be shared. I will also share the homes and community lots being built. These will be free of Custom Content. However, some of the lots in my game will include CC items that will be listed and linked to.

My LittleVille SC4 files are still available here. This works well for a larger town (larger than Songbird Hills needs to be).

I am enjoying the trip along the way and you are welcome to join me in this journey :-) :ts2_bonvoyage:
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: SUNFLOWER COUNTY RETURNS !!!!

Postby lindawing » September 4th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Oh dear! Glad you are able to start over! I just posted about how we can possibly get Riverblossom Hills uploaded here.
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 4th, 2016, 11:25 pm

lindawing wrote:Oh dear! Glad you are able to start over! I just posted about how we can possibly get Riverblossom Hills uploaded here.

Thank You.
I would like to be able to share this to make it easier for others to build a custom neighborhood. It is actually the Riverblossom Hills SC4 map used to create an empty Sunflower County. I then went in and changed all of the Sunflower County files from N001 to N789. Once installed the neighborhood name can be changed in the neighborhood chooser screen from Sunflower County to 'whatever'.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » September 4th, 2016, 11:33 pm

Sunflower County has been rolled back to a time where the town of Songbird Hills was yet quite small, There are fewer homes and businesses, The coal mine and logging operation over in nearby Evergreen County have jobs to offer - mostly with requiring either a highschool or a college diploma..

Melvin Mayor is yet child whose parents own the only grocery store in town.

Harold Uppattee is also a child. His parents, whom both come from wealthy old Sim City families, are new arrivals who see Songbird Hills as a place for Mr, Uppatee to launch a career in politics.

The MacDonalds and the Kettles were the first families to arrive in the area.

Maw and Paw Kettle (Seth and Margie) must cool thier heels in the family panel for a few years. They will arrive in Songbird Hills with a toddler in tow after inheriting a farm from Paw's distant, never married aunt Matilda Kettle.

Matilda Kettle is yet a teenager. Her parents and grandparents operate a small, struggling farm. The grandparents operate a small produce stand alongside of the county highway.

Three generations of MacDonalds live together on thier family farm. (Parents, Grandparents, a toddler son who will court and wed the Brown's only daughter.)

Melvin Mayor's grand parents owned a grocery store in a Sim City neighborhood that had become "crime ridden". After having been robbed at gun point for a fourth time they sold out and retreated to this rural farm area where they opened a much needed general store. After the general store burnt to the ground a small grocery market was built in its place.

The young adult Hardtt brothers are the only known yet living members of an "old money" Sim City family. Needing to flee Sim City and to start fresh somewhere new they flipped a coin to determine which brother should throw a dart at a wall map of Sim Nation. They would take thier inheritance and build a home wherever the dart stuck. There just so happened to be a parcel of land up for sale where the dart had pinned itself.

The Hardtt brothers, on a whim, also built a department store based on a favorite BBC series ('Are You Being Served?'). The Uppatee's were the first to declare the Hardt Bros. Department store to be a "ridiculous white elephant". The Mayors found it to be the cause of the demise of thier small general store. However, no one could deny that Hardtt Bros.drew in folks from outside of the town who before this had no reason to visit Songbird Hills.

A bus had long stopped in front of the post office often only to allow one or two passengers to either board or disembark, With the coal mine and mill hiring more workers a bus now leaves and departs twice daily creating a need for a small bus station,

The Hardt Bros. own the Sunflower County Courier. They also brought the first petrol station to Songbird hills and have built and sold several small homes to loggers and miners who now have modest yet steady incomes.

Mr and Mrs Brown own one of these small homes where they live with toddler daughter . Mr, Brown is a coal miner and Mrs, Brown owns a small gift shop.

Sunny rainbow (a young adult) is the only remaining member of a short lived 'hippie' communal living experiment across the bridge over in rural Sunflower County.

EDUCATION:
A small school housing both elementary and highschool students. Students from rural Sunflower County also attend.

Near to the school there is a sports center funded by the county. The co-ed Basketball and Swim Teams practice here. In town swim competitions and baskball games are also held here.

Town Government:

A small administration building (includes small police station).
Most services are currently provided by the county.

Recreation;
A small park set up on land donated by the Hardtt brothers. (Needs improvement)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » September 4th, 2016, 11:38 pm

KETTLE:
Grandparents (Elders)
Parents (Adults)
Matilda (Teen)

DISTANT KETTLE KIN:
Seth and Margie (Paw and Maw)
Toddler

UPPATEE:
Parents
Harold (Child)

MACDONALDS:
Grandparents
Parents
Toddler son

Hardtt
Young Adult Brothers

Mayer
Adult Parents
Melvin (Child)

Rainbow
Sunny (Young Adult)
The only remaining member of a short lived 'hippie' communal living experiment.

Browne
Parents
Toddler daughter

Nosey Rosey will also return to manage the newspaper!

(Family Group Photos will be added here)
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 5th, 2016, 2:41 am

Hooray! I actually have enjoyed, in the past, watching slightly different scenarios play out when I have to start a neighborhood over. It's kind of amazing, really. ;-)
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 6th, 2016, 7:36 pm

At last my reloaded back in time Sunflower County is ready for the Sims to move in. It has been saved as it now is outside of the game. The neighborhood map deco will be added to - perhaps trees on the further hills, clouds, birds and a rainbow?
snapshot_00000037_24da0d9e.jpg
Sunflower County
snapshot_00000037_24da0d9e.jpg (12.24 KiB) Viewed 552 times

snapshot_00000037_e4da0e8c.jpg
Songbird Hills
snapshot_00000037_e4da0e8c.jpg (60.6 KiB) Viewed 552 times

I wish for this to be a basically happy place to get away to.
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby PattyHeart » September 6th, 2016, 7:52 pm

I've made a folder, with subfolders, on my pc desktop for this project. The only CC so far are the deco barns and silos, default roof trim, a jobs bulletin board and I do use a camera mod and a terrain replacement that is a deeper shade of green.

Two of the homes are renovated Maxis houses that are found in the 'bin'. All of the of the other homes and community lots are those that I have built - mostly new with a few old favorites that fit in well.

This time around the Sims or Households are being gradually moved in (and played up to certain points) one by one. The reason for this will become self-explanatory along the way,
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 6th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Pretty! That's a good idea for play rotation. :uhhuh:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Postby PattyHeart » September 6th, 2016, 11:38 pm

lindawing wrote:Pretty! That's a good idea for play rotation. :uhhuh:

I've given much thought to "where in time" I need each household to be when "official game play starts". I especially needed the Kettles. MacDonald's, Mayer's, Sunny Rainbow, Browne family, the Hardtt brothers and the Uppatee family to actually have a real history in the area. This means that a spot for a cemetery must be found!
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Postby lindawing » September 7th, 2016, 3:19 am

:sob:
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2--Neighborhood News