The Have More Homestead NO CC

This is a public forum. These are my TS2 Residential offerings, which include Apartments.

Moderator: PattyHeart

The Have More Homestead NO CC

Postby PattyHeart » August 11th, 2016, 9:54 pm

snapshot_00000029_c4b8b37a.jpg
snapshot_00000029_c4b8b37a.jpg (81.82 KiB) Viewed 326 times

(I built this some time ago based on a 1940s book that I am fortunate to have detailing how to build and supply this type of country home. The book features a real life family and explains how to raise food and livestock on a small, well organized plot of land. This Sims home was built to resemble the home in the book.)

The copy of "The Have-More Plan" that I have is an original. This is yet in print, very interesting to read and available at Amazon.

Here is a web article about the Robinsons:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/homestea ... azkin.aspx

Have More Homestead_1.Sims2Pack
DOWNLOAD
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

The Havemore Homestead Photos

Postby PattyHeart » August 11th, 2016, 9:55 pm

snapshot_00000029_24b8b3fb.jpg
snapshot_00000029_24b8b3fb.jpg (80.05 KiB) Viewed 326 times

snapshot_00000029_04b8b416.jpg
snapshot_00000029_04b8b416.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 326 times

snapshot_00000029_84b8b463.jpg
snapshot_00000029_84b8b463.jpg (81.92 KiB) Viewed 326 times

snapshot_00000029_24b8b450.jpg
snapshot_00000029_24b8b450.jpg (80.59 KiB) Viewed 326 times
PattyHeart
Creators' Corner
Creators' Corner

Re: The Have More Homestead NO CC

Postby lindawing » August 12th, 2016, 12:31 am

I love it! I started reading the story, but the flashplayer plug-in kept acting up. I have everything updated, but a lot of the ad-driven pages have older versions of the plug-ins, and they tend to get tied up in the scripts and stop everything. So I quit reading after the 2nd page, as it kept jamming up my browser and bringing everything to a full stop. I was able to stop the plug-in through the Task Manager, but now my cursor isn't showing up. As soon as I finish here, I need to close the browser to see if that helps. If not, it'll be reboot time. Silly Flash!

I totally agree about this type of living, of course. I grew up on an Alaskan homesite (only 11-1/2 acres, as opposed to the 50 you had to have for an actual homestead). We grew everything we needed, and lived pretty much like our ancestors at least one generation back...more like two gens back. I think it gave us kids a much better start in real life than other kids our age, who were being raised in the early throes of modern "prosperity."

We did buy somoe of our food, and Mom was only a novice at sewing, so our Sears and Roebuck and Montgomery Wards catalogs got lots of worn out pages as we pored over them before school began each year. ;-)

I, on the other hand, learned to sew on an old treadle machine, and never looked back. As my own kids were being raised, I made almost every piece of their clothing except underwear, which I found a bother, so purchased "store-bought." I also knitted all their sweaters and jackets, and made down-filled coats for winter. I used to be able to purchase ready-cut kits for that, and made tons of stuff--including a wonderful camping tent.

In later years, after I was divorced with four kids, I had several years when I had to work and couldn't garden, etc., but after David and I married, having both been raised as country kids, we got back to supplying a goodly amount of our family needs by gardening, hunting, and fishing.

Now here we are "back on the farm" with our youngest daughter, and it is so good! Judi has been raised with home-grown vegies most of her life, but until this summer, she never really has had the resources to do it herself. She has been having a blast, and larger gardens are planned for next year, as we've learned what works best for our area. It's been so sweet to get back to the land in many ways.

Once I get my TS2 back in, I'll be downloading this lot. Thanks, Anne!
lindawing
Administrator
Administrator

Return to TS2...Residential (Including Apartments)